[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you cope with the things you can't change? Because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: 1447714192464.jpg (167 KB, 1364x844) Image search: [Google]
1447714192464.jpg
167 KB, 1364x844
How do you cope with the things you can't change? Because no matter what some things you're just stuck with. How do you live with yourself knowing you're too short or your hips are too wide or, if you're a girl, that you're too tall or your hips are too narrow? How do you LIVE with your disappointing body /fit/?
>>
>>35114086
accepting everyone else is just as fucked up in some way and not letting it define me as a person
>>
>>35114115

This.

Also I had a chronic illness as a teen, after spending two years in bed you realise having a weak chin really isn't the end of the world.
>>
>>35114086
I don't think about it
>>
>>35114086
manlet, ugly as fuck, elephant ears, and can not talk properly but fit.

Well thinking to much about it is not worth, I mean what can I get from that, Asking my parents why they did have sex?, raging against god because I've been done with residual human genetics?.

All of that is pointless because it wont help me in any way. I am here to live, have fun and became the best I can before I die so yeah... Basically not thinking
>>
>>35114086
Dont.
I an hero
>>
>>35114086
I'm 5'2 with wide hips and severe gyno. It causes some sadness and its been very hard to accept. But I'll get there eventually.

>inb4 become a trap
>>
>>35114442
>'m 5'2

R.I.P.
>>
Just because I got a 2 and 3 doesn't mean I can't get a straight when the cards show
> Have a chest gap
> Have small calves
> Patchy facial hair
> Puffy cheeks and weak jaw
> 174 cm with small wrists
> No friends and low confidence
I won't give up without trying
We're all gonna make it because making it isn't the result it's the process.
Anon you won't give up without trying will you?
>>
>>35114535
Why?
>>
>>35114640
That's really really short
>>
>>35114442
>Short
>Boobs
>Hips

Someone was feeding you hormones anon
>>
>>35114086
>6'2
>look swedish
>in the process of making it
>jew nose

FUCK
>>
>>35115445
I ate the same food as my brothers and they're both tall and masculine. I think it's just random.
>>
As a guy with sort of ugly face and lack of good jawline, I'd give all of my gains for a nice face and enjoy skeletal life forever.
>>
5'7 but nice face. could be worse i guess
>>
>>35114086
I try to not think about the things I can't change. But if I do I do my best to focus on the positive things, no matter how insignificant.
>>
File: 7f9.png (501 KB, 504x732) Image search: [Google]
7f9.png
501 KB, 504x732
>>35115515
>look swedish
>jew nose
pick one
>>
>>35114442
Become a trap
>>
>>35114555
all the things that you listed, are you me? literally the same
>>
realize you have to accept yourself for who you are. and then realize that other people are going through the same thing, with even more extreme circumstances (like being gay or trans). and then finally realize that we all need to have compassion and empathy for each other.
>>
>>35116613
>we all need to have compassion and empathy for each other

Yeah but we totally don't
>>
File: 1368025102654.jpg (55 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1368025102654.jpg
55 KB, 800x450
>>35115617
We may be getting flooded with dirty arabs, but none can deny that us of pure nordic stock truly are the of real masterrace. That feel you are everything Hitler considered aryan.

All jelly ameriplebs mixed up with god knows what. Stay salty you unclean mongrels.
>>
>>35114086
>How do you cope with the things you can't change?
I find comfort that in the end, we're all going to die and all that we can do is be as much of a sikk kunt as we can with what we can work with.
>>
>>35116613
>and then realize that other people are going through the same thing
this. When talking to a gril for example, just know they also do the napoopan and have problems with stupid shit just like you.
>>
>>35115515
You know the Swedes/Nords have rugged, curved noses alot of the time, right familia?
I'm sure some Norse nig nogs were called shit like Einar Beak-Nose Skallugarje
>>
>>35116738
Doesn't that make it worse? I'm going to die someday and until then I can't even enjoy the body I'm living in because it sucks
>>
>>35116722
I'm not Nordic and dont have any Nordic ancestors. But I have been told I look like I do
>blue eyes
>blonde hair
>strong jaw
>tall
>wide shoulders
>normal waist

My flaws are my hair is starting to thin, hairline is receding and my foreskin is too tight (im fixing these fingers crossed)
>>
seems like you guys are mostly worried about shit that only reduces your chances of getting laid. first world problems, I guess.
>>
I'm gonna list things that I dislike so I can see my genetic failings right infront of me despite having a mirror a few inches away.
>5'8
>"Jewish nose" or what >>35116785 said, makes sense.
>All my fat was stored around Legs/Hips, big ol' calves tho
>Receded chin and quite an open forehead
>Joocy minor minor pectus ex.

Oh well

Gotta big dick, heterochromia and silky smooth deep voice tho
>>
>>35116787
You have no control over some parts of it senpai, you can lift like a sikkunt and change your physique
but do you know what you & everybody else around you can enjoy, anon?
A smile
We're all gonna make it brah
>>
>>35114086
i lift until i feel like im becoming a new, better person with every rep. there's lots of things i cant change but i can lift harder than nearly every person i see, and that's what matters to me.

also
>too tall
shutup lanklets (unless you're giantmode at 6'7 or something)
>>
>>35114086
tfw perfume is gunna disband any day now...
>>
>great body genetics
>face looks like I was dropped into a wood chipper and someone gave me a kike nose
Life is fun
>>
>>35116965
>face looks like I was dropped into a wood chipper and someone gave me a kike nose
kek
>>
>>35116885
I'm ready for it t b h
Only feel bad for my waifu who'll probably commit suicide soon after
>>
File: 1449098525401-258560401.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
1449098525401-258560401.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>35114086
You must try to prove to yourself that it doesnt define you.. But somedays its sure gonna.. Those are the times you need to embrace what makes you who you are.
>>
>>35116885
what happened with them? why disband?
>>
>>35117381
Was this a tragic boating accident or born like this?
>>
>>35117493
They're getting old anon
>>
>>35114086
im 5' 7, black, ugry, fucked up teeth, and socially retarded. I just do what feel like a lot of the time. I don't think about finding a partner despite that being the sole reason I embarked on this fitness journey.

now I just walk around like a zombie and hate everyone. i noticed that the older i get the suicidal thoughts become a lot worse and a more frequent. im scared that I'll end up doing something i regret either to myself or someone else if I don't get my mental in check
>>
>>35117494
My bones were still fused at the bones when i came out so my hand just skipped the seperating into fingers part. i had two surgeries before i was 2 to seperate um and throw on some skin grafts. i was really lucky i went to shriners in chicago and saw a excellent hand surgeon and it was all free
>>
>>35114086
Find something that you're good at and focus on improving it.
>>
File: crying.gif (113 KB, 278x400) Image search: [Google]
crying.gif
113 KB, 278x400
>>35117381
Is it just the one hand? This makes me sad. I need my hands for working on machinery, if I lost them I couldn't support myself. I feel for you breh.
>>
File: of course.jpg (327 KB, 1298x796) Image search: [Google]
of course.jpg
327 KB, 1298x796
>>35117381

To be perfectly honest, it could be way worse.

It would be worse to have deformed feet or chest-hole or something that people only see when you're naked.

How is it to lift, bro? How do you manage to do it?
>>
File: FYOZjkA.jpg (56 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
FYOZjkA.jpg
56 KB, 600x600
>>35118413
Just one hand. My right is fine. The worst part about the job thing is people always ask "why don't you have a job in x trade field, you seem to know a lot about that sort of thing" and you have to explain that you literally have trouble picking up tools and they are just like oh. But its all good anon i am gonna make it it just might take me a little extra time hehe

>>35118881
i use straps to tie my hand on to the weight.. i rarely grip something with my thumb because it hurts too much so i use a hook attached to my wrist and kinda tie the strap around that. i kinda avoid a lot of stuff weight wise but i havent encountered a single bodyweight exercise that gives me trouble. Me and my dad are thinking about engineering something with rigidity to give me more palm and wrist support to help me with push exercises.

>mfw when people always ask if im left handed
>>
File: Master Chief Feels.jpg (44 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
Master Chief Feels.jpg
44 KB, 550x550
>>35114086
>Tfw Indian

Yea, it has been a little tough coping with shit genetics. I'm pretty sure Indians have trisomy of whatever gene codes for DYEL, because it is so hard for me to gain muscle or fat. I hear of people hitting what has taken me 9 months in less than 2 months.

Not to mention, cute grills of all kinds tend to stereotype all Indians as smelly pajeet rapists or socially awkward Raj from Big Bang Theory. It has been real tough going years without female attention of any sort, not that I really try anyways.

I cope with it by putting as much effort as I can into the gym and my studies (studied engineering in undergrad, currently in medical school), as well as my hobbies of cooking, comics, cartoons/anime, Halo, and posting on a Bolivian shrimp peeling forum. It takes my mind off >tfw no gf
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.