[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best advice to give to beginners thread. My advice: eat more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3496x1638) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3496x1638
Best advice to give to beginners thread.

My advice: eat more fuckin food!
>>
God I'm trying to lose weight
Why is eating so easy

How do you do it skelligs
>>
Don't skip curls and deadlifts and abs.
>>
>>35113978
tea/coffer and water
soup
>>
>>35113978
Wtf you goin on about chubbs?
>>
>>35113978
chicken and veggies
>>
>>35114004
>>35114006
>>35114008
No I mean, how the fuck can skellies just not eat? If I'm not watching my calories I will literally graze on everything in my cupboard, which is chicken, steak, broccoli, asparagus, brown rice and yams. Like bulking is the easiest shit, just put it in your mouth and swallow. It's seeing the food and knowing you can't eat it that makes life hard.
>>
>>35113978
depression
>>
>>35114030
At least for me, back when I was Auschwitz mode, I was just so distracted by video games and shit that I just forgot to eat. I'd only eat one 2000 calorie mega meal per day, and that was it. Eventually I just stopped getting hungry. I still don't get hungry, and because of that I have to schedule my meals, otherwise I forget to eat.
>>
>>35114059
same
>>
>>35114059
Just fucking prep your weeks food beforehand. Fucking lazy DYEL noob.
>>
>>35114082
>implying I don't prep my meals before hand

I still need to set an alarm to remember to eat them you homo.
>>
>>35114106
Skinny dyel confirmed.
>>
File: Zara Larsson1.jpg (36 KB, 514x335) Image search: [Google]
Zara Larsson1.jpg
36 KB, 514x335
>>35114059
are you literally me?
>>
>>35114121
>200 pounds
>16% body fat
>dyel

K
>>
>>35114030
I often just forget to eat or I am bored with the preparation
Also I don't derive much pleasure from eating and it is more of a constant nuisance desu
>>
>>35114147
Bullshit.

Stay DYEL 4lyfe.
>>
>>35114181
Who the fuck doesn't get pleasure from eating? You must be a barrel of laughs.
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 125x123) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 125x123
>>35114192
Haha he left now at being a skinny dyel posting estats
>>
>>35114030
Then remove that stuff from your house. Don't make eating convenient
>>
>>35114030
Grew up dirt poor, was really used to a starvation mode diet, when I had my own money it just came naturally to not eat much before I started trying to gain muscle.
>>
File: Bro hug.jpg (21 KB, 300x626) Image search: [Google]
Bro hug.jpg
21 KB, 300x626
>>35114481
Aand brohug for you. At least you're not poor anymore.
>>
Realize you will not learn anything beneficial from /fit/ or any YouTube superstar
>>
>>35113978
Former skelly here. Tortured myself every day for over 2 years stuffing my face to gain weight. Even getting two thirds of my calories from liquid (mass gainer shakes, milk, soda) was torture.

Gained 60lbs over that time. A lot of muscle but a lot of fat too.

Ironically, I now struggle hard to lose weight. I hit a wall at around 13-15% body fat that stops me in my tracks both physically and mentally.
>>
>>35114630
Nice work m8. Keep it up. See the wall as another challenge and beat it to death with sticks.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 600x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 600x363
>>35114630
>mass gainer, soda, milk
>wonders why fat
>>
>>35114630
How much did your lifts go up? Your diet sounds completely retarded.
>>
>>35114645
I actually stopped and am going on a lean bulk until I hit my decided upper limit of 18-20% body fat. Hopefully it'll be a couple years.
>>
>>35114481
I grew up the same, but once I had enough food I ate a shit ton. Buying my own food meant I could actually eat to satisfaction for the first time in my life.
>>
>>35114720
I physically could not consume enough calories without mass gainers and soda. Not huge amounts of soda but just 1 liter or so per day to give me a few hundred easy calories.

Went from being auschwitz mode unable to even lift the bar, to 105kgx3 bench, 110x5kg squat, 170x5kg deadlift
>>
>>35114782
>170x5kg deadlift
CROSSFIT DYEL CONFIRMED
>>
>>35113969
fuck you, I'm eating like 200g of pasta and 300g of chicken almost each meal (plus veggies and other shit) and drinking mass gainer like there's no tomorrow. still skelly
>>
>>35114040
this. this and vidya (or any other form of escapism)
>>
>>35114147
Bull shit. I am 240 at around 20 percent and i have to use an ec stack to stay at this weight. I gain weight so fucking easy its rediculous. If i dont count calories i will easily eat 5 or more thousand calories. I just wish i could permabulk and not get made fun of. How much muscle do i need to get before i can slam 10000 calories a day just to maintain. Its honestly why i lift in the first place. Tried dieting so many times, and i always bounced back, lifting finally made the weight stay off.
>>
>>35116415
Haha! Get back to /b/ and your loli/trap threads kid.
>>
>>35113969
always keep a good form(no ego lift)
keep the time between sets
train every fucking muscle group
>>
>>35116415
>mass gainer
you mean shitty protein that probably says something like "1000 calories a serving"
>serving size 8 scoops
>>
Learn a musical instrument so you don't end up being some boring cheeky cunt with muscles fucking posting pictures of naked men on some gay web site whos such a little gay boy bitch he won't phone people for 1v1
>>
>>35113969
I have a hard time doing lunch being away from home. Any recommendations for cheap, easy, not sandwich lunches?
>>
>>35117283
To make the night before
1 cup brown rice
1 chicken breast
Veggies of your choice

Cook the rice while steaming the veggies and
cooking the chicken
Cut up chicken, put veggies in tupper ware, cover in rice and chicken, and walla, your lunch and maybe a snack or two. Carry a protein bar. Bring a bag with protein powder in it. Possibilities are endless
>>
>>35114782
L
M
A
O

You fucking thought those extra calories soda gave you helped?

L
M
A
O

Soda is literally sugar and water.

My god you're retarded

All that did was go to your gut

No nutritional value

STUPID FUCK
>>
>>35117344
Calories are calories... Rookie
>>
>>35117371
Holy fuck you're an idiot. You know how you gain muscles? Carbs, protein, and fat.

>but there are carbs in soda!!!!!

Straight fucking sugar you retard. Soda does absolutely nothing for muscle growth.
>>
I have such a hard time trying to force food down.
>>
>>35117386
Yes it does as long as your macros are straight
>>
>>35117371
pleeze be bait

>>35117344
is right
>>
>>35117371
>calories are calories
Well then why don't you just eat 2500 calories of chocolate?
>>
>>35117405
There is absolutely nothing about buying soda and drinking it on a regular basis that is beneficial for your health. There are no vitamins and minerals in soda. While you can argue that water is devoid of vitamins and minerals as well, at least water is also devoid of sugar, caffeine and every other negative ingredient in soda. In fact, long-term soda consumption can actually make you vitamin-deficient, as it can deplete calcium levels and affect your bone strength. Water hydrates the body and keeps it functioning without any negative side effects. The carbohydrates in soda is just sugar, which will only make you fat. Drinking soda will do absolutely nothing for muscle growth, only make you fatter
>>
>>35117371
>calories are calories... rookie

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

gimme a minute

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Shut the fuck up, rookie. Soda will do fucking nothing for you, faggot. Only sugar. Same as candy. The carbs aren't actual whole healthy carbs. They will only make you a fat fuck, which I'm guessing you are
>>
>>35117405
>Carbs are anabolic
Oh fit.
>>
>>35117432
> sugar is bad for you
> micronutrients matter
A skinny guy trying to gain weight can drink as much soda as he wants as long as he gets his fats and proteins in
>>
>>35117465
My god.

My fucking god anon. Shut the fuck up. All that soda will go straight to his fucking fat storages. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about man. Please stop. Sugar isn't bad for you, but the amount of fucking sugar in soda is dog shit for you. SODA HAS NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE. PLEASE BE QUIET
>>
>>35113978

>eat breakfast
>go to college
>go to gym
>feel hungry after gym
>delending on the time, either lunch or have dinner
>if lunch, eat dinner
>it literally nothing else

I just forget to eat. I only eat when I'm hungry.
>>
>>35117386
>>35117448
He was joking you utter fucking autistics. Lol the amount of fucking hyper zealous retards fitness attracts is so funny.
>YOU ARE SO FUCKING DUM BICH U DONT EVEN KNOW THIS THING ABOUT FITNESS AND YOU NEED TO KNOW SO YOU DONT DO SOMETHING UNHEALTHY SO IM GONNA SCREAM AT YOU IN THE MOST ABRASIVE WAY POSSIBLE TO HELP YOU
>>
>>35117504
He will gain muscle as long as he's eating over maintaince. Soda obviously isn't the best (or even a good choice) but if that's what he has to do to reach a caloric surplus by the end of the day then so be it.
>>
>>35117504
Holy shit, shut the fuck up. Ever heard of phosphoric acid? They put it in sugar to DISSOLVE THE SUGAR MOLECULES AND REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF CALORIES YOU MORON. A can of soda realistically has about 20 calories because of the acid. It's far from "dog shit".
>>
>>35117465
soda is the worst thing anyone could consume, whether they are cutting/bulking/maintaining.
>>
>>35117283
Cook double your main meal and eat it for lunch
>>
>>35117555
My god please be bait faggot. Please please please. You're retarded if you're serious. You're still drinking sugar water when you drink soda.

>>35117550
That's not how it works. You gain muscle by eating nutritional foods with macro's like carbs, fats, and proteins. Soda has none of those. At all. It's sugar and water. Please stop acting like you know what you're talking about
>>
>>35116415
>bulks for a week
>"Still skelly ;((((("
>>
>>35117572
this
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>35117657
Carbs on my soda...
>>
>>35113969
>Best advice to give to beginners thread.
1.PROGRESSION, PROGRESSION, PROGRESSION!! linear progression for as long as your noob gains will last, then continual progressive overloading.
2.don't think protein is a magic macronutrient, or look for a macro to blame. fats and carbs are just as important as protein (maybe more) to maintaining a lean physique, and supporting muscle mass
3. don't take /fit/ memes seriously

those are the only two i can think of offhand.

most of the rest can be garnered by reading SS and the sticky.
>>
>>35117703
>39g free sugars in 1 serving
that is a daily LIMIT of free sugars.
>>
>>35117719
Hmm you make a point
>>
>>35117703
Those carbs are just sugars. Notice how the sugars are the exact same as the carbs? No nutritional value
>>
>>35117711
best advice in thread, tbhfam
>>
>>35117711
>>35117757

Samefag
>>
>>35117751
So this means "If it fits your macros" is shit?
>>
>>35117766
No it just means you're a retard. "carbs" are just a category it doesn't mean they're all the same.

There are shitty sugars, fiber, and then all the other ones that are pretty much the same stuff.
>>
>>35117807
this. not all carbs are created equal. like anon said there are categories. soda has literally nothing nutritious to it
>>
>>35117703
>carbs
39g of
>sugars
>I n g r e d i e n t s
>high fructose corn syrup, job going anywhere near that shit
>polyethalene glycol, gotta keep that stool moist

If you want to make it, the only things on the list of ingredients you should ever be putting into your
>temple
Are carbonated water and caffeine.

The fuck are you doing anon?
>>
>>35117766
free sugars =/= sugars

if they were all from fruit/veggie/dairy it would be fine.
>>
>>35117657
You're drinking water, for one, which dilutes the calories. But I'm talking about the acid that they put into it. You don't seriously think that sugar wouldn't dissolve in it, do you?
>>
>>35117898
chemistfag here
what is wrong with polyethylene glycol?
PEG is safe as fuark
>>
>>35117938
>You're drinking water, for one, which dilutes the calories.
confirmed troll... or retard
don't really care anymoretbh
>>
>>35117938
Troll fail bait or autist
>>
Sleep 8-9 hours every night, and not late in the morning. Normal hours, like 11pm-7am.

Have a set macro goal and stick to it. Track your diet and workouts diligently. It sucks but it's worth it.

Eventually you will get to a point where you don't have to track as much. But that habit needs to be developed.

Favor bodyweight exercises over weightlifting. You can focus on weights once you have a good base strength.

You can do bodyweight entirely for free, no need for a gym.

Make sure your posture is good, because that's actually more important than getting big muscles. There are certain exercises and stretches to do this.

Avoid overdoing chest development, or else you might get rounded shoulders. Make sure you do lots of rows for your upper back.

Avoid overdeveloping your lower body. Upper body is more important, if you're a man. Barbell squats are actually excessive, IMHO.
>>
>>35118014
What the fuck. Last point is retarded. Lmao I hope that's bait. You look like an idiot with an overdevelop upper body and under developed lower. An over developed lower looks fine, you are much more intimidating.
>>
>>35113978
man I'm jealous of you

bulking requires doing dishes 5x a day, eating the same disgusting food, not eating sugar, only carbs. It's expensive, time consuming and makes uni work harder to focus on

Whereas when losing weight, you just don't stand up and make food, you just don't buy unhealthy things when you go shopping, and hunger is a good pain, because you know when you feel hunger, you're losing weight
>>
>>35114604
Then where do I learn?
>>
>>35118489
>and hunger is a good pain, because you know when you feel hunger, you're losing weight
Teach me this desu. Teach me your ways. Be my guru.
>>
>>35117703
You're better off taking some apple or orange juice then that soda crap + they arent empty calories
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.