[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you agree with this question; hating on Crossfit is meme,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: crossfit.jpg (160 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
crossfit.jpg
160 KB, 960x960
do you agree with this question; hating on Crossfit is meme, I mean men and women who do crossfit look great, and despite the accusations of it being a one way ticket to snap city, you never hear of anyone seriously injuring themselves, so what's the problem /fit/ has with it?
>>
>>35113914
The people who do Crossfit and look great aren't even doing Crossfit most of the time.

>you never hear of anyone seriously injuring themselves
Now this belongs in a humor thread.
>>
File: _origin_Suicide-bunny-15.jpg (66 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
_origin_Suicide-bunny-15.jpg
66 KB, 640x478
Men and women who compete in crossfit don't do it year round. Instead they do real programs.
There are plenty of videos and stories if injuries like guys getting paralyzed and shit
3/10 bait
Only replied cuz bored at work
>>
File: pepe39.png (9 KB, 411x387) Image search: [Google]
pepe39.png
9 KB, 411x387
>>35113914
>>
>>35113914

Except for the severed spines.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2540945/Kevin-Ogar-injury-CrossFit-athlete-left-paralyzed-waist-having-spine-severed-dumbbell.html

Probably a bait thread but fuck it. Ya got me.
>>
If you want to pay a shit ton of money to look like an idiot then go for it. No one's stopping you.
>>
>>35113959

ok yeah one freak accident but beyond that it's mostly people falling from chin up bars or tripping on the standing jumps
>>
>>35113914
most crossfitters i know simply do strength training + some AMRAP shit
>>
Are they all wearing home arrest ankle bracelets?
>>
>>35114161

Those are friendship bracelets.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 455x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 455x640
Nice chum chumly
>>
>>35113914

Not paying attention to Kevin Ogar?
>>
>>35114161
Heartbeat monitor's for tv...
>>
>>35114493
>1 guy hurts himself
>hurr snap city

more people paralyze themselves slipping in the shower
>>
>>35113914
damn those are small weens
>>
>>35113914
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2540945/Kevin-Ogar-injury-CrossFit-athlete-left-paralyzed-waist-having-spine-severed-dumbbell.html

>"Dr. Vonda Wright, an orthopedic surgeon at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, told ABC News she has seen a spike in the number of CrossFit-related injuries supposedly caused by lack of supervision, bad form and excessive training".

Not even once senpai
>>
>>35114311
I want to know what happened to the kid after catfish got revenge lol..
>>
>>35113914
the top competitors don't do xfit to train for the games. they do variations of HIIT and strength training while also practicing the oly lifts and shit. They don't run around doing WODs like the rest of the xfit cardiobunnies.
>>
for noob it's meme

for guy who knows what he's doing its not meme, its ok.
>>
Daily reminder that this is crossfit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74Xek-pDLM
>>
>>35113914

I don't agree with any of that really

If you honestly think your pic represents most guys who do cf, you've never been to an actual cf gym then. Most of them are 25-45 year old office types who are unatheltic, uncoordinated, and inflexible. There's the one or two token big guys who don't look any different than they did the day they walked out of golds and walked into the box, but beyond that they look more like a zumba class that got lost than a bunch of athletes.
>>
FWIW Kevin Ogar's freak accident happened at an event that wasn't even affiliated with Crossfit. You going to say everyone should stop doing snatches?
>>
>>35114005
>what is rhabdomyolysis
>>
>>35115031
>You going to say everyone should stop doing snatches?
if they learned at a crossfit box, from an instructor with 8 hours of certification... yes

if they actually know how to properly snatch... well they wouldn't be affiliated with crossfit to begin with...
>>
>>35114582
>knowing what you're doing
>doing crossfit
pick one
>>
>>35113914
>post pic of crossfit dudes on steroids
>why do they look good?

gee, i dunno
>>
>>35115174
Probably the steroids
>>
>>35113914
>these guys
>natty

pick one
>>
>>35114005

look up 'rhabdo' bro
>>
File: 1415597680971.jpg (178 KB, 636x638) Image search: [Google]
1415597680971.jpg
178 KB, 636x638
>>
>>35115231
oh fucking fuck
I laughed way more than I should
but what the fuck is that guy trying to accomplish
>>
>>35113914
> steroids
> exercise

huhruduuru they look good
no fucking shit you faggot, they are however, only average at everything they do
>>
>>35115231
>dat neckbeard
>>
>>35114311
>chum chumly
Go back to >>>tg Shadowrun fag.

(i agree tho)
>>
Man, I really hate this new usage of "meme".
But no, hating on Crossfit is one of the few places where /fit/'s meme hive has the right idea.

Crossfit in theory isn't bad. High volume, power oriented barbell work.

Crossfit in practice is a lot of really badly trained coaches teaching a program where really high quality instruction would be incredibly important; and also has an almost cult like echo chamber that tells members how badass they are for being members.

That's actually part of why you don't hear about the negative consequences much. Crossfitters stay quiet about it because they're so personally invested in being a badass crossfitter. No way they're going to complain about a few joint aches and cramps.
The rest of the reason, and part of the reason you mostly see good looking crossfitters, is because the people that stick with it either lucked into one of the incredibly rare high quality coaches, or had enough natural talent and physical ability to stick that out. Lots of people got winded or mildly injured
The rest of the reason for seeing good looking ones is because of how their marketing department promotes those ones.
>>
>>35113914
Just do it bro! You got this thing you clearly shouldn't be doing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opYj0XICHvQ
>>
>>35115231
S A V A G E
A
V
E
>>
>>35115435
That is just painfull to watch. Not even funny after the first few seconds. Shows the cult spirit that anon talks about here >>35115401
>>
>>35113914
I did it. The people are nice but it is like a cult, crossfit is literally all they can talk about. You will get in shape fast. I damaged my rotator cuff kipping, so binned crossfit off. Many exercises they do are for reps with technique not a priority.
>>
>>35115435
https://youtu.be/xyil4IGAvVs
>>
>>35113914
A severed spine isn't a serious injury?
>>
>>35116126
who tf "severed their spine"?
>>
>>35113914
Thorisdottir did her back out, couldn't compete, hasn't been the same since. Now other shield maidens are dominating.

The top tier people in the cult get fucked up too. And they get fucked up just as bad, if not worse, because they're actually pushing themselves due to vested interests, and
>muh competitiveness

Combining lifting and cardio is superb.
But technical lifts with greater than X chance of injury, due to bad form or bad lift or anything, should never be done for reps for time.
Do a hundred push-ups and burpees and pistol squats, and run 400m. As fast as you can. And do that ree times through.
Don't rush through snatches or clean&jerks. Don't momentum your shoulders the fuck out hanging from a bar.

>as if anyone would have a chance @crossfit games if the Chinese decided to give it a go
>retiring Olympic lifters and gymnasts blow the fuck out of whitey in every wod
>>
>>35113914
These fucking fake natties. Fucking disgusting
>>
>>35117988
>>35116126
Rhabdomyolosis is more common in crossfire than anywhere else. It used to be exclusive to extreme endurance athletes but now it's like some sort of sick joke to crossfire coaches.
"Oh you have the rhab huh"? Like it's a common thing that happens.
>>
>>35113914

Yeah bare in mind they're roided to fuck.

Incidence of injury is really high with crossfit.
>>
File: crossfit.webm (3 MB, 638x360) Image search: [Google]
crossfit.webm
3 MB, 638x360
>>35113914
>>
>>35113914
a friend of mine started CF about a year ago (guy was benchbroing-bbing for years previously).
Result: a lot of fb shitposting about CF and 3 shoulder operations so far.
>>
>>35118171
lmao this should remove any doubt you had.
>>
>>35113914

Most of the athletes in the Crossfit games, with the exception of the big names, aren't Crossfit athletes. They don't actually do it to get the bodies they have. Crossfit goes out and hires athletes from other sports and training methods to populate the Crossfit games. This is why the dudes who actually do it always win, of course some guy who does retarded snatches 20 million times is gonna be better at doing 20 million retarded snatches than a dude who trains doing less volume with proper form and higher weight. It's kinda like how some scrub who does a fuckton of pushups every day will outperform a 600lb benching powerlifter in a pushup contest.
>>
File: crossfit2.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
crossfit2.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
File: crossfit1.webm (1 MB, 580x450) Image search: [Google]
crossfit1.webm
1 MB, 580x450
>>35118267
>>
File: crossfit.webm (734 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
crossfit.webm
734 KB, 400x224
>>35118275
>>
>>35118267
Okay, training to jump over stuff doesn't seem to bad... but
>apparently hard floor
>unpadded moveable obstacles on which people crash all the time

Seriously? Just watching it hurts me
>>
>>35113914
The best ones don't do it year round. High rep explosive movements with weight outside of your body is terrible for your back.
>>
>>35115435
Used to do jumps like the ones on the video when I practiced wrestlng, used to love them. those guys are faggots, that doesnt even look that tall
>>
>>35118171
bear crawl is a legit cardio exercise though. it is quite common for martial artists, it just looks retarded
>>
>>35118283
Still looks better than half of /fit/
>>
>>35113914
Literally everyone I've met who did crossfit stopped because of injuries. Everyone. Literally.
>>
>>35114565
Seams to be from a macedonian magazine.
The caption says:
Dear readers, do not worry all ended happily - for silurids are spanish and not macedonian - these are just fotos from an exhibition of my friend Oliver Portrato.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.