[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I wanted to start ss at gym today. My first time. I could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: gbc.jpg (5 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
gbc.jpg
5 KB, 160x160
So I wanted to start ss at gym today. My first time.

I could barely lift the bar without weights!!!! That thing must have been 20 kilos or something.

What do I do? :(
>>
Lift things until you can lift hevier things, if you can't do much, that's normal, you've just started.
The only key yo making it is not to give up.
>>
File: zyzz1.jpg (103 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
zyzz1.jpg
103 KB, 612x612
thats fine, keep trying and up the weight each time, only being able to lift that bar is normal
>>
>>35113418

I work out at home because I can't afford a gym, but I know the feel.

> tfw you can only do 20 reps in first set with 6kg dumbbell

W-We'll make it one day breh.
>>
>>35113418
>That thing must have been 20 kilos
:^)
>>
>>35113576
I started with 5kg dumbbells and am now using 18kgs on them. You can do it Anon!
>>
>>35113646

My aim is to be on at least 8kg by the end of December with a maximum of 12 reps. I'm poor student, but I'm trying. Thanks for the encouragement anon.
>>
>>35113418
>>35113800
>12 reps
thats not SS.

most gyms have lighter, free non-loading barbells that people use for like curls or whatever. pick up the 10kg and do 3x5. if they dont have other barbells, use dumbells.

Follow SS after that. youre frighteningly weak so doing sets of 12 is a waste of time - you need to get strong.
>>
>>35114275

(1) I don't have the money for a gym.

(2) I only have dumbbells, and probably can't even lift 10kg.

There's no point injuring myself in trying to lift weights I can't even physically do a single rep of. I've got to work my way up.
>>
>>35113418
Dude its fine. Gotta start somewhere. You make ez gains once you get stabilization muscles. Same thing happened to me when I started. Just keep at it
>>
>>35114341

1) I figured you were OP.

2) The number i used was arbitrary - use a weight that challenges you for a set of 5. getting injured is from carelessly throwing on weight and doing shit form. obviously find a weight relative to you, ya dingus.

p.s. you'll never make with with nothing but 10kg dumbbells in your house.
>>
>>35113486
Op here
Can i get like this guy within a year
1. I dont like running
2. I dont like eating alot
>>
File: 1445863845615.png (338 KB, 573x523) Image search: [Google]
1445863845615.png
338 KB, 573x523
>>35114769
It's time for you to go and stay go
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.