[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alcohol consumption
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: o-PINT-GLASS-BEER-facebook.jpg (996 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-PINT-GLASS-BEER-facebook.jpg
996 KB, 2000x1000
Does anyone else get cold or flu like symptoms after a night out?
It's started occurring more and more lately and its really making me not wanna work out
I'd stop drinking altogether but it would be rough on my social life whilst I'm at uni
>>
File: dog gasm.jpg (36 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
dog gasm.jpg
36 KB, 500x394
nah at most i get a hangover
>>
>>35113123

Sounds like you may have a mild allergy to something your drinking... possibly gluten.

What are you drinking OP? Anything specific?
>>
>>35113149
I mostly have whatever is on offer at my uni bar.
which is either pints of coors light, or weird cocktail mixes
>>
>>35113183

Try Drinking only one thing each night and see if you have the same symptoms, You may be able to narrow it down to what causes the symptoms.
>>
I have awful hangovers on the Sunday and then Monday I get extremely lethargic/hungry to the point where working would be physically impossible (I don't work Mondays). Im going to get tested for diabetes
>>
>>35113123
I do, its exhaustion and it doesnt help your fitness regimen.
>>
>>35113267
it's shit, I can't stop sneezing and sniffling
just wanna curl up and sleep for 100000 years
>>
>>35113123
Same thing happens to me. My chest hurts and I feel like I can't breathe. Only happens when I drink beer. Liquor doesn't bother me.
>>
>>35113123
>Does anyone else get cold or flu like symptoms after a night out?
no, but my liver always hurts a bit and feels swollen. I don't get any hangovers though
>>
>>35114671
might wanna get that checked m8. i drink til i pass out but never had that
>>
>>35113123

Just drink beer, and maybe two shots of something else. You'll be right as rain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2656885/Playing-rugby-hangover-No-problem-Study-concludes-drinking-11-pints-night-game-does-little-impair-performance.html

Not sure if you can handle it if you're American. Brits are among the hardest drinkers in the word.
>>
>>35114711
>implying brits got shit on swedes and russians
>>
>>35114675
shit, I thought that was pretty normal after a night of drinking. I don't even drink that much, usually a bottle of hard liquor just on Friday and Saturday
>>
>>35113183

Get vodka and mixer drinks
Vodka is pretty much alcohol and water, so there shouldn't be anything that gives you trouble there
>>
>>35114765
>bottle of hard liquor

i wouldnt call 1.5 liter hard liqour "not that much". But you still shouldn't feel it in your liver
>>
>>35114778
I meant a 0.7L bottle. I don't even see liquor in 1.5L bottles at stores where I live
>>
>>35114815
oh i thought you meant 1 0.75 each day
>>
i can only sleep like 4hrs after drinking alot and my heart is beating crazy fast.

>dat thirst
>dat nosleep
>mucus in lungs and nose all next day
>feel like shit and weak as fuck
>headache and nauseous all day

alcohol is the most disgusting shit you can consume if you want to get fit, i'd rather do coke once every month than drink.
>>
>>35114861
yeah, I'm tired and I misunderstood you. that's what I meant.
>>
File: 1441292596066.png (226 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1441292596066.png
226 KB, 4500x4334
>>35114749

brit here

>be in Bulgaria
>get a 7-ft tall Russian roommate in hotel
>let's call him "Igor"
>Igor drinks a shot every morning, but he scoffs it with that chocolate treat
>I drink my shot straight, none of that choc
>one week seminar on human rights etc
>party every night in my room
>grills from all corners of Europe, Spain, Austrian, French
>5th morning
>hungover Igor approaches me
>groans out no more parties
>let the pussy sleep as I party in the girls' rooms

>>35114749
>swedes

u fkn srs m8?
>>
>>35114920
damn nigga im the exact same way

I hate that no sleep + rapid heartbeat shit, just curious to you have anxiety? Ive heard hangovers can cause really bad rebound anxiety which explains the heartbeat/no sleep
>>
>>35115092

not really, i'm not the most socialable guy but no anxiety, just intovert.
sometimes my heart is beating the same way after consuming a lot of carbs, i might be very sensitive to insulin.
>>
>>35113123

Now that I've legit quit regular alcohol consumption, everything over, say, two beers gives me an immune response the next day.

Like my body knows something isn't right and it goes into full-on alert.
>>
>>35114765

>just a bottle
>>
>>35115261
let's be real that's not a lot for 2 days
>>
>>35114749
the British are by far the best at binge drinking, Especially the Scots
>>
>>35114920
OP here, sounds exactly like what I suffer with
And if I'm ever sick it's like excessively so
Like anyone else I know that vomits from alcohol just does so once or twice
If I get sick I'm sick the whole day like its a fucking stomach bug or something
>>
>>35113123

I have it too, but I have a shit immune system. I'm ALWAYS sick. I think it's related to me going to bed too late.
>>
Do you smoke cigarettes while out? I used to always wake up with a stuffy nose and sore throat after a night of drinking, so I stopped smoking.

It also might just be dehydration, and the fact that you transition from heavy brain use in class to completely trashing your body. I've found that using the sauna after a night of drinking really helps to cleanse the body.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.