[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STARTED KETO DIET I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING TO DIE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1397110359475.jpg (44 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1397110359475.jpg
44 KB, 396x385
WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONG?
>>
Posting a frog in fit
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (20 KB, 329x357) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
20 KB, 329x357
>>35110889
>not posting a frog on /fit/
You are the one that's doing it wrong
>>
keto is a joke for people that lack discipline to eat clean and do cardio in order to lower bodyfat %
>>
File: pepeautumn.png (367 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
pepeautumn.png
367 KB, 800x800
>>35110856
>WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONG?
KETO
>>
>>35110856
That is how Keto feels. The ketosis process kills hunger but also gives that nauseous feel.
>>
>>35110856
>STARTED KETO DIET
>WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WRONG?

You answered your own question
>>
First two weeks suck unless you trick your body into keto.

>tfw lost 100 lbs with cardio/regular dieting

If I had known back then, I would have done keto. It's just better for cutting. Inb4lolketofag
>>
>>35110856
ive lost 25 kg on keto in 4 months + doing some pushups and pullups a day and letting out the lunch ( morning only protein shake + evening 1 protein rich meal )

in the whole time i had like 3 days were i felt really sick but i got over it.

everytime i wanted to eat something at the evening besides my meal i punched really hard in my belly and drank some water.
this really helped me losing weight
>>
>>35110898
keto is great way to maximize your protein intake on a cut without resorting to cancerous powders
>>
>>35110856
Keto flu. You need to get some electrolytes in ya. Buy Powerade Zero and mix 1/8 tbsp of potassium chloride into a glass. Doesn't taste too bad.

>>35110898
What? Keto is excellent for people with insulin resistance and PCOS that can make it more difficult to lose weight.
>>
>>35110856
YOU'RE A MEAN ONE
> MR. GRINCH
>>
I'm doing lyle mcd's rapid fat loss diet which is basically just high protein, low fat and low carbs. I definitely felt like shit the first 2-3 days, but after that I've felt great despite eating a 2000kcal+ daily deficit.

I'm currently taking, as suggested by lyle in the book, salt, potassium, magnesium, zinc, omega-3 and calcium, with the latter coming from low fat cottage cheese. I don't know if people doing keto need all that, though.
>>
File: 1396371638739.gif (839 KB, 450x402) Image search: [Google]
1396371638739.gif
839 KB, 450x402
>>35110856
YOUR BODY TELLS IT WANTS CARBS

What are you going to do, OP?

???
>>
>>35111119
Keto is not about eating a lot of Protein you dumb fuck
>>
>>35113680
>Keto is excellent for people with insulin resistance

what? i googled it, and found this:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/does-eating-low-carb-cause-insulin-resistance/
>You might still be insulin resistant, but since you aren’t cramming your face with carbs anymore, you don’t notice it.
>going very low carb – to around or below 10% of calories, or full-blown ketogenic – can induce “physiological” insulin resistance.

yeah, excellent.

>It appears that weight loss is the deciding factor

except not really. this guy pretty much cured that shit with a diet consisting mostly of rice and refined sugar:
http://rawfoodsos.com/2015/10/06/in-defense-of-low-fat-a-call-for-some-evolution-of-thought-part-1/
>All that said, the rice diet was about far more than impressively svelte before-and-after shots. As alluded to earlier, it also had the uncanny side effect of improving diabetes and insulin resistance—even when weight loss wasn’t part of the equation. I warned you this was gonna get weird!
>improving insulin resistance
>even when weight loss wasn’t part of the equation

if you have a problem with insulin resistance, you should be on a low-fat diet.

>I warned you this was gonna get weird!

nah. insulin resistance is caused by fat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRZduVxlP_U
>>
If I'm at about 22% bf trying to get to 18% and still getting noob gainz (just hit 2pl8 deadlift and 1pl8 squat sets) should I do keto at a caloric deficit, maintenance, or surplus?
>>
>>35118050
you shouldn't do keto at all. just track calories/macros and adjust as necessary.
>>
>>35118061
Why not? I'm counting calories/macros either way and it seems ideal til I reach the bodyfat I want. From that point I was going to go on a caloric surplus and eat more normally, but with my macros and calories still in mind. I enjoy the keto diet food and it seems to be a good way to get me into controlling my diet more.

If I simply said I was doing a low-carb diet and not keto would you have had a different opinion?
>>
>Falling for the keto meme
top kek
Just eat your weight in protons and restrict calories to TDEE-500
>>
>>35116199
Are you retarded? Consumption of fat doesnt cause an insulin response, sugar does. By going on a ketosis diet your body extracts only the sugar it needs via fat thus your insulin sleeps comfy.

You can say a lot about ketosis/atkins but to say it makes insulin/diabeetus related issues worse indicates you are either trolling in which case 8/10 or your a shill for the sugar companies
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.