[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aesthetic PPL Workout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 736x902) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 736x902
This is a workout for awsthetics. PPL means Push Pull legs. Goodluck and may your atsthetics be with you
Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

I usually do either P/P/L [REST] P/P/L or P/P/L/P/P/L[Rest]
>>
>>35108206
Split shoulders between push and pull.
The anterior delt works in push, the side acts as a stabilizer.
Rear delts and traps would go in pull, so really all you need to change is put the shrugs on your pull day.
>>
>>35108206
cc is a good routine
although you could do incline db bench 3x8 instead of incline bb bench 3x5
>>
>>35108206
anyone had progress with this? pics?
>>
>>35108556
I mean i basically do p/p/l but i dont have set exercises.
I generally do the same shit, but it depends on what i feel like doing/if im more into PL at the time.
Right now im into PL, so today i did 20,15,12 lat pull overs-weight going up. then 3x12 lat pull downs. then 5x5 pendlay rows, then 3x6-8 floating paused deadlifts, then 3x10 barbell row.
Then did 3x10 curls with an ez curl, 3x8 t curls, then 3x10 hammer curls supersetted with supinated pullups 3x5 then I did some bicep occlusion.
Today was pretty atypical, normally I either work up to a higher single pendlay row, or just go all out in hypertrophy and do a lot more direct delt work. It was fun though, those paused floating deadlifts are fucking absurdly hard, did them with 315, set of 8 makes me want to puke and I pull 540 for a single.
>>
>>35108626
how has it affected your physique? does it really hit those aesthetic areas more than other splits do?
>>
File: CBTbaybay.jpg (289 KB, 1620x720) Image search: [Google]
CBTbaybay.jpg
289 KB, 1620x720
>>35108637
old pic, im bulking now but you wouldnt think i look as good currently as i did when lean.
um i mean it lacks a bit in arms but that isnt due to the template, it's just that i do arm stuff last and sometimes i overdue other stuff.
p/p/l is great because you get more frequency, downside is it takes a long time, a proper p/p/l workout is long but i enjoy that.
>>
>>35108667
nice legs
stats?

also why not log your workouts?
it takes like 15 minutes to create excel table, and 1-2 minute every day you work out to update it with current weights
>>
I do Push/Pull with Squat and Calf Raises on Push, and Deadlifts and Hamstring Curls on Pull.

PPxPPxx

Going to the gym 6 times a week would be a bit too much for me personally.
>>
>>35108695
cuz i do different shit sometimes.
if i come in one day and im like damn gotta do pendlays and then i do one and im like fuck that feels heavy and im not feeling a good contraction, fuck that, lets catch a pump and ill go do lat pulldowns.
Maybe one day i do some pull ups and im really feeling pull ups so then im like fuck lets just do shit tons of pull ups today.
I mean most of the time my workout is like 75% and i know myself enough that i enjoy pushing myself and work hard so keeping myself honest isnt really needed, i get after it naturally.
>>
File: CBT current.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
CBT current.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>35108695
as for stats, i bench like 285, squat 455, pull 540.
this is what i look like atm, bulking and almost done bulking, obv dont look as good.
>>
>>35108762
75% the same, i always start with the pull overs even though i hate them. I always do some form of vertical pull, then horizontal pull usually lower rep esp recently but not always, then rear delts i have like 4 exercises i choose from depending, then traps, then biceps.
>>
>>35108762
man i used to do that shit way before
walk in the gym and i'm not sure which weight i used last time

now that i keep a log of everything , things are so much easier to do
>>
>>35108772
we have similar bench (i do 265x3)
however you btfo my squat and dead both by 100lbs

fuck my lowerbody is weak
>>
>>35108794
I mean i know what i did before, ive been training for 2 years. It isn't hard to remember.
I autoregulate, you realize a lot of bodybuilders and even a decent amount of powerlifters do the same thing right?
All of bryce lewis' guys do it, they use an rpe scale but it's the same thing.
Some people need a routine, if you dont have a personality and need to like keep yourself honest then by all means but I have no issues with that, I never worry I'm not overloading because i pretty much take the vast majority of my workouts balls to the wall.
>>
>>35108894
a personality which*
anway, im not knocking a routine, when guys ask me what to do, i say do a routine, dont do what i do, however, what i do works for me.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.