[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Form check pls I lift my heel a little bit at the bottom any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 315_LIGHTWEIGHTBABY.jpg (48 KB, 1188x675) Image search: [Google]
315_LIGHTWEIGHTBABY.jpg
48 KB, 1188x675
Form check pls
I lift my heel a little bit at the bottom any way to stop that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWoxhQEOLuY
>>
Lmao are u at a fitness connection?
>>
>>35107552
>I lift my heel a little bit at the bottom any way to stop that?
Don't do it?
>>
>>35107640
yes why
>>
>>35107552
practice with less weight to get that heel down, and at the end there your back wasn't straight the whole time. good form though
>>
>>35107675
>u in Texas? Or near houston?
>>
>>35107725
i go to the one near plano texas
>>
>>35107552
why are you wearing running shoes that shit is like standing on marshmallows just wear socks or get a super flat shoe.
>>
Everything bar the feet was pretty much perfect. Options are changing your stance a little or improving your external rotation so that you keep the weight distributed across the foot better. You look pretty flexible but that could also be a slight issue sometimes

Looked great otherwise though. Your photographer sounded kind of retarded
>>
Where is the article supposed to rest in these? Did this for the first time last week and ended up with pain on my right shoulder blade.
>>
File: midsole-heel-power-perfect.jpg (63 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
midsole-heel-power-perfect.jpg
63 KB, 600x450
>>35107747
Im wearing weightlifting shoes
>>
>>35107747

>running shoes
come on family, really

>>35107761

in the divot between your neck and your front delts. Keep your elbows up
>>
>>35107552
Fucking mirin. I'm front squatting 165 x 3 and having trouble staying upright.
>>
>>35107748
Yea hes my friend that acts like a fuck tard all the time in the gym but he motivates me
>>
>>35107761
The bar not article*
>>
Looks like your knees tract inward as you rise out of the hole, this could be causing your feet to pronate to compensate. Nice depth and torso alignment though.
>>
>>35107782
it takes time but keep going
I started at like 225 for 2 reps like 3 months ago and i just keep working every week basically every day
>>
>>35107793
Thats what it is i think holyshit should have thought of that.
Thanks bro
>>
>>35107552
OP, i think your feet may be a bit far apart? Also, do you knees cave at all (it may cause that imbalance in the heel as you ascend), if not, then it may just be your form/posture. Apart from that, really solid lift, GJ.
>>
>>35107747
This is that "pit of stupid" people fall into when they first start learning about something, isn't it?
>>
>>35107818
No my knees do cave in i thinks thats the reason
imma work on that from now on

I started caving in the knees cause it was my last set too
>>
>>35107552
A very easy way to fix this would be to slightly alter your stance by standing a little bit narrower than you did in the video, while rotating your feet externally a bit more to compensate for lack of flexibility. This will undoubtedly fix your heel problem, and also add more tensional forces at the bottom of the squat, meaning you'll have a stronger stretch reflex (although it may actually keep you from reaching depth).

Source: I oly lift
>>
>>35107840
No i thinks it because i was just caving my knees in a little bit but ill take your advice too cause i secretly want to start oly lifts and that could be helpful
>>
>>35107837
Yeah, I guessed as much. Just move your feet slightly inward and move your toe angle in as well - though not parallel of course.
Strengthen your adductors, too.
>>
>>35107852
Caving in your knees is a result of weak abductors/tight adductors, which is still fixed by making the stance narrow for squats. Also, you should stretch before/after your workouts in the bottom of a squat position, cupping your hands and putting your elbows on the inside of the knees, and pushing your knees away from each other. This will fix the caving and the heel-lift.

Also, how much do you weigh? I figured you were already in oly if you were front squatting such a weight
>>
>>35107552

Drive with your heels, not your toes. Done
>>
>>35107978
i weigh 199
im tryna do oly weightlifting but the only coach near by would cost me 300$ a month
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 701x511) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 701x511
>>35107840
>Oly lift? You mean weightlift?
>>
>>35107769
>>35107748
>>35107829
what kind of retarded "lifting" shoe has a heel like that? it's just compensating for lack of ankle mobility.
>>
File: mosquera snatch.webm (384 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mosquera snatch.webm
384 KB, 1280x720
>>35108236

yes clearly only weak faggots use them
>>
>>35108079
If I say I weightlift, nobody would understand, especially on the "fitness" section of a Filipino car enthusiast forum
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.