[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
injury discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 2015-12-01-20-27-50--409477788.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01-20-27-50--409477788.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
Tell us what injuries you have had and if you had any luck rehabbing them. I'll start with my own. About a year and a half ago I tore my pectoral tendon my pec muscle belly and my bicep muscle belly I had surgery to re attach my tendon but they couldn't do anything for the bellys. When I started rehab I tore my bicep which fucking sucked. Ever since then I've had chronic problems with my bicep. Also while it seems my pec has healed for the most part it is still deformed and even post rehab tires faster and is weaker than my other side. Fun stuff guys I know. Oh also at the time of my initial injury I was nearing the end of a cycle and was told that could of dried my muscles out and caused it but wasn't sure anyone know anything about that?
>>
>>35106847
I got stung on my dick by a bee once.

I guess thats an injury
>>
I just sprained my ankle last Wednesday. It's better getting better slowly but I wish it would hurry up. I also pulled a tendon in my ring finger in the summer and it's just about healed all the way now
>>
>>35106944
Lmao yeah man sprained ankles are annoying I had on in highschool which stopped me from being able to compete in sports for a few weeks
>>
Hernia - get surgery, got cleared after a month off of weight restrictions. Had to restart a linear progression from 0 (bodyweight) on everything due to how much mesh I had and how weak I still felt. Still have residual pain from nerve entrapment 2+ years later. tl;dr don't fucking get a hernia, and if you do get in fro surgery pronto

Currently nursing a sore shoulder & neck muscle. Can't do BTN presses or close grip bench now. Doing pullups with a band or OHP for tons of singles/doubles really loosens it back up for a couple hours.
>>
I'd been steadily increasing my squat really successfully on SL 5x5 and all of a sudden my shoulder started getting kinda sore. Didn't think much of it. Fastforward to the next squat day and just unracking makes my shoulder ache but I can still power through the squats. Fast forward again and I had to deload a ton just to get through it and it's just throbbing. Still benched without much trouble it's just squatting. Low bar if it makes a difference.

Don't know what I did wrong but I'm afraid I'll have to put my workouts on hold for a while while my shoulder recovers. Or at least stop squatting for a while.
>>
Wrist/thumb injury, attempting 5 reps of lmao 3p8 diddle with hook grip and strain the shit out of it after wards. Can't do bench and press, only squats and overhand diddle for now. Oh well
>>
I just subluxated my shoulder a week before an important event
any tips?
>>
My shoulder has been hurting, decided to trade in my natty card. Took 20mg tbol today, shoulder feels better already (anecdotal though).
>>
My hip flexors are weak as fuck. They hold back my squats severely. Squats are relatively my weakest lift and as a result, my soul is crushed when I get on /fit/. I make sure to stretch and warm up, but it hasn't done shit. I decided to go hard on squats yesterday ( which means baby weight) and ended up limping out of the gym. Just end it senpai.
>>
>>35108569
Same thing happened to me when I started lifting, I switched to high bar for a week and worked on shoulder mobility a lot.
Put small plates under your heels if you don't have lifting shoes and you can't go low enough.
>>
I got a wound in my toe and it bleeds whenever i put unnecessary pressure on it. I was so close to hitting 1 plate squat too :( guess I'll just do upper body for now
>>
I don't even know what the Fuck I did to my arm a few months back but most triscep exercises and some bicep exercises create a horrible feeling of tension or near snappage in my elbow. Sometimes massaging my elbow deeply and roughly helps.

What the hell did I even do to myself?
>>
File: 1352636975965.jpg (33 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1352636975965.jpg
33 KB, 251x242
inguinal hernia. didn't hurt at all but distroted my balls. went to the hospital got a surgery.
had to take 10 months out of gym. it would hurt like a motherfucker anytime i stepped into the gym

>tfw think i can feel one coming on on the other side
>>
>>35110368

What kind of things did you do for shoulder mobility? I started doing dislocations.
>>
Would the ppl here who have been hurt say that it's because they had improper form? Or did you get hurt even with perfect form?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.