[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand /fit/ I'm a beginner and fat and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 450px-Jonah_Hill_-_001.jpg (67 KB, 450x599) Image search: [Google]
450px-Jonah_Hill_-_001.jpg
67 KB, 450x599
I don't understand /fit/

I'm a beginner and fat and I want to look better, and that's the bottom of it, so let's get this out of the way.

Is working out 3 times a week, every other day good or not?
5x5 or 3x5?
Do I do cardio in between?

I absolutely don't understand shit. So many people say different things.
Let's just way working out for fat loss and aesthetics. I just want to look in a better shape god damn it.
>>
A: Pull (Back/Biceps):

Pendlay Rows: 3x5
Deadlifts: 1x5
Lat Pulldowns: 3x8-12
Face-pulls: 3x-8-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-8-12
Hammer Curls: 3x8-12
Shrugs: 3x8-12

B: Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Bench Press: 3x5
Military Press: 3x5
Incline Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x8-12
Rope Pushdowns: 3x8-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 3x8-12

C: Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Squats: 4x5
Leg Press: 3x8-12
Leg Extensions: 3x8-12
Hamstring Curls: 3x8-12
Standing Calf Raises: 2x8-12
Seated Calf Raises: 2x8-12

PPLxPPLx...

Eat a lb of chicken breast per day for protein

Eat your weight in lbs * 10

Repeat until lean
>>
>>35106317
Just go to the gym. Try ONE program and stick with it for 3 months. And since you can't make up your mind I'll do it for you: Starting Strength. There, done.

After those 3 months you can start making preferences yourself. Practical hands on experience is always better than theory. Now get the fuck off this board and do something useful.
>>
>>35106343
>PPLxPPLx...

pull / push / legs / rest / pull / push / legs / rest 8 days a week (so to speak)?
>>
>>35106418
You got it

You can also do PPLxPPL or PPLPPLx, but If you're starting out, I'd recommend PPLxPPLxPPLx...
>>
>>35106418
Also, the main lifts (the ones you don't ever miss) are the 3x5 ones which build strength.

The 3x8-12 will give you more size.
>>
>>35106478
interesting. So from the list, the 3x5 ones are must-dos and the others are added for extra intensity and size / shape?
>>
>>35106532
Yes

The extra volume from the accessory exercises will make your muscles bigger and more aesthetic, but not necessarily stronger.

What actually makes you strong are the main compound lifts with high weight and low reps.
>>
>>35106558
>>35106532
And that's also why you do them first.
>>
>>35106317
If you are overweight:
Do cardio, do weight lifting(any programs that includes all the compound lifts is fine), and eat less calories (google tdee). This will cause you to lose weight, once you are at a reasonable weight do the following.

If you are skinny fat:
Do weight lifting (this will build/retain muscle), and eat less (to lose the fat). Avoid moderate cardio like running and cycling (while dieting this kind of cardio will burn through both fat and muscle, you want to keep your muscle).
>>
>>35106343
dont eat your weight in lbs *10 you will just get morbidly obese.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.