[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a point doing 5x5 if I don't care about legs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2015-12-02-10-59-40.png (108 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-02-10-59-40.png
108 KB, 1080x1920
I'm skinnyfag doing 5x5 and I noticed I'm not really doing much for my upper body. I added weighted dips and pullups as accessories but I feel like everything is working my legs which I honestly don't care too much about. Should I switch routine? I'm home gym so all I have are dumbells a barbell and pull up bar. Thanks for any help
>>
File: 1395334630447.jpg (112 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1395334630447.jpg
112 KB, 960x960
>>
Just do PPL, even if you only do the barbell exercises in SL 5x5, its better than being a T-Rex

PPLPPLx or PPLxPPL

Pull:
Pendlay Row
Deadlift

Push:
Bench Press
Military/OH Press

Legs:
Squat

Add more exercises for hypertrophy, but you'll still get strength gains with this schedule
>>
>>35105908
is that it? seems like it takes only 30 minutes max?
>>
Just do weighted dips. Put some chairs next to each other. Best upper body bodyweight exercise imo.
>>
>>35105936
warm up set(s) + 5 work sets. if you're actually lifting some weight then you'll need decent rest. it could take up to an hour max
>>
Add 1kg each time and eat lots. If you think doing alternating and increasingly heavy bench and ohp for 5x5 3xweek for 4 months won't make your upper body bigger, you're wrong. The only problem with this is the if your bench form doesn't utilize your pectorals effectively you may not see very obvious chest gains, so add in a solid chest exercise to some of your sessions (only if this is the case)
>>
Working legs is essential in muscle growth, because they stimulate growth hormone release for the entire body. Plus, much of the power drive for compound upper body exercises has to do with legs as well.

Don't be a bitch, do legs.
>>
>>35105819
SS + GOMAD NOW!
>>
This thread relates to me.

I would really like some advice.

I have a back injury, a slipped disk which means I can't squat, leg press, deadlift or lunge ectt.

So I have been lifting this last year and I now have a 3x5 110kilo bench and a 3x5 70 kilo over head press.

While my squat the last time I tried over a year ago was 100kilos for 1 and deadlift was 3 plate for 5.

I feel like I am starting to look out of proportion.

What freaking do??? This sucks man. I wanted to hit 3 plate bench and 2 plate OHP but not if I look like some fucking freak with no legs.
WHAT DOO WHAT FUCKING DO!!!
>>
>>35106043
fix your back senpai desu
>>
>>35106060
Can't.
Been to 4 Neurosurgeons and all said my back is fucked.

To young for a surgery which would fuse my disks but might not even reduce the pain
>>
>>35106092
idk senpai, tough situation desu
>>
do squats because if you keep lifting for a reasonable amount of time you'll care about legs, even if you only do them once a week
5x5 is a tried and tested way to get stronger, and therefore bigger
>>35105908
pls stop meming your ppl
nothing wrong with it but there are alternatives lad
>>
>>35105936
if you want to get swole add in bodybuilding to every session too, aiming to hit the muscles once to twice a week
get stronger in the main lifts and do your bodybuilding and youll get bigger
there are many ways to do this
>>
>>35105953
Yeah I do that but I've gotten to the point where I can't hold the plates between my legs anymore, what should I do?
>>
>>35106169
Get a belt
>>
>>35106043
Leg press. I had surgery for my herniated disc and I can do the seated leg press without any trouble. Don't do the incline leg press though, you can slip up and put all the weight on the lower back, which is obviously bad.
>>
>>35106331
Can you please show me the difference between include leg press and seated leg press?

I thought it only came as an incline leg press
>>
File: Seated.png (207 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Seated.png
207 KB, 500x500
>>35106368
This. Much harder for your butt to slip up and put the weight on your back. Almost impossible if you keep your back up against the chair, there shouldn't be any load on your lower back at all.
>>
>>35106169
Wtf that's the strongest female ever
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.