[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's your pain tolerance, /fit/? I just got my 6 yr old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: Esther-Lin-MMA-Fighting.jpg (92 KB, 1020x679) Image search: [Google]
Esther-Lin-MMA-Fighting.jpg
92 KB, 1020x679
How's your pain tolerance, /fit/? I just got my 6 yr old lil bro to gut punch and uppercut me a few times and they all hurt like hell. I can't even imagine how bad it'd feel if it was a full grown adult male hitting me.

Do I just keep letting my lil bro beat me until his punches feel like nothing then move up to my 11 yr old cousin punching me?
>>
>>35104567
I'll tolerate pain very well but I've done sparring of muay Thai boxing and grappling for almost 3 years, anyway o thinks is something more mental than physical because since I can catch very well shots to the face or the body I still cry like a bitch when somebody slaps my back or when I hit my toe
>>
>>35104567
You join a boxing or mt gym and stop being a faggot.

Kyokushin is fine too. Bare knuckle body shots hurt like a motherfucker
>>
My first and only fight was when me and my friends once got into a fight with a group of Mexicans at the mall once.
I had my girl with me and I wasn't going to let them hurt her so I fought like a motherfucker.
Ended up with a cracked rib but the punches didn't get to me at the time.
I think it was adrenaline.
>>
>>35104567

I was like you, got into kyokushin and 3 years later I feel no pain at all from hits, it even stimulates me
>>
>>35104567
when your in a bar fight or getting jumped, youd be surprised to how much damage you can take when the adrenaline kicks in.
>>
You can get knocked out with a punch to the stomach.
Training muay thai has increased my tolerance to pain a great deal, but it still hurts a lot. Usually in a fight the adrenaline will help you cope with the pain, but it will start to hurt real bad in the next hours and especially the following day you will be all sore.
>>
Do mma fighters and boxers feel punches less or are they just able to tolerate the pain more. I feel like if I got punched in the face I would get knocked out but I don't know how to train that except by punching myself in the face.
>>
>>35104567
>mithridatism for punching
you are retarded, and deserve the brain damage you will get when you progress on this endeavor

>guys i am trying to immune to bullets, do i just start with .22 gauge and work my way up until my body develops bullet tolerance?
>>
>>35105840
Get someone else to punch you in the face it hurts more.
>>
>>35105856
to be clear, i am not saying you can't do things like deaden the nerve endings on your shins and knuckles for more effective kicks and pawnches.. or the forearms for more effective blocks (still, people who do this are likely to fracture their forearms, since they damage their forearms so frequently)
but intentionally hitting yourself in the head is only going to lead to stress on the bone, and accumulative brain damage... it's a dumb idea, don't do it.
>>
File: last day with masa in zoo 021.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
last day with masa in zoo 021.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
>>35105649
>I was like you, got into kyokushin and 3 years later I feel no pain at all from hits

Sure mate, nothing at all.
>>
File: cold.png (4 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
cold.png
4 MB, 1920x1040
>>35104567
What is pain tolerance anyways? I had a compound fracture of my right tibia, bone sticking out. I was in shock and didn't feel anything, well at least until I got to the ER and it came time to pop that shit back into place. I remember I asked for morphine.
>>
>>35105881
Looked at a kyukushin video and the comments were filled with the faggiest shit I've ever seen. One guy tried to defend saying they would shrug off a Mike Tyson punch to the face.
>>
>>35105881
bro, i am a master of kiai.
i will flip you before you get close enough to touch me.
vid related, my sensei
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I
he is 200-0
>>
>>35105893
mike tyson is a little bitch, because he was trained by western gaijin, not superior nipponese
>>
my diary, t b h:

i'm pretty sure if I went to the doctor specifically for my pain tolerance issue, I'd become the subject of some obscure research. I've played contact sports through some brutal injuries (broken bones, bad concussions, fracturing my zygomatic bone in my face, knee hyperextension).

I've also done some fucked up painful things for fun looking back. I have a vivid memory of being like 10 in the backyard when my dad was mowing, and I came across a long stick with some thorns on it, and I kept whipping myself in the back of the legs to see how much I could do, and it bled initially a ton but after a couple minutes I was legit losing a lot of blood through hundreds of cuts on my leg.

I think it's helped a lot lifting though. I can feel pain as it pertains to injury and I'll stop, but I think I can push through reps that a lot of people couldn't.
>>
>>35105882
>I asked for morphine
didja get it?
>>
>>35105904
Are all superior nips folded over 1000 times in the fires of mt. Fuji.
>>
>>35105905
>i'm pretty sure if I went to the doctor specifically for my pain tolerance issue, I'd become the subject of some obscure research
no, he would ignore your edgy faggotry, because they don't take anecdotal nonsense seriously...
because they are educated...
unlike you
>>
>>35105881

after years of training you know exactly how the punch is going to feel, so your mind is ready and you don't even notice the pain
don't believe it if you don't want retard, go try it yourself
>>
>>35105915
its over 2000, actually
>>
It's mostly psychological OP.
We all fell pain like a motherfucker but once you've been in a street fights being clubbed by baseball bats, you realize you're not a fragile snowflake and you'll be able to deal with pain a LOT better.
You're afraid of pain basically because you're afraid of being damaged. Once you realize the average joe can't do shit to you, you'll be fine. Unless you get punched by a trained fighter, it's likely you'll never really get damaged by fighting anyone and at most you'll have a blue patch the next few days.
>>
File: literally you.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
literally you.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>35105931
>after years of training you know exactly how the punch is going to feel, so your mind is ready and you don't even notice the pain
>>
>>35105922
lol i'm overeducated but also a bit narcissistic. I have had a doctor inquire about it during a minor toenail removal procedure.
>>
File: BQDAZPRCQAE7_GR.jpg (46 KB, 610x840) Image search: [Google]
BQDAZPRCQAE7_GR.jpg
46 KB, 610x840
>>35105941
come fite me irl m8 i will show u and fuk ur mum pussy
>>
>>35105941
lmao dude you made my day,thx.
those fedora memes get me everytime
>>
>>35105840
It's like all normies with their spicy leg day maymays. The more you do it, the more your CNS adapts to it. Within reason of course. A concussion is a concussion.
>>
>>35105937
so I know my lil bro is punching my kidneys/liver, but if I mentally tell myself he can't do any real damage since he's a fucking kid, the pain means nothing?
>>
File: tort.webm (2 MB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
tort.webm
2 MB, 640x361
>not being able to endure torture

plebs
>>
File: also you.jpg (47 KB, 415x510) Image search: [Google]
also you.jpg
47 KB, 415x510
>>35105963
>lol i'm overeducated but also a bit narcissistic.
>>
when adrenaline kicks in you wont notice the pain desu lad
>>
>>35105963
>overeducated
>is the dumbest fag in the thread.
>takes kyokushin memes srsly
>can't even spell kyokushin (but you have done it for three years, and are highly educated)

yep, you aren't 100% full of shit.
deffo not

why do people always bullshit about lifting and MA training?
like everyone.. even the normies
>>
Pain tolerance varies like crazy, if you feel your in danger you won't feel pain. If your comfortable your more prone to pain. Depression, ego, adrenaline, general mood all drastically changes tolerance to pain.
>>
>>35106087
i have never heard of kyokushin and i've never done it for a day in my life, surely you must think I'm someone else in this thread, which explains a lot. cya nerd.
>>
>>35105840
Getting knocked out in that context has no relation to pain
>>
In organized combat sports you sorts just shrug the pain off, mostly just psychological and taking some shots in your training. How often do you see grown men bawling their eyes out in say an MMA match or even a street fight? Rarely.

>attempting to use Mithridatism with body shots
lol son you're going to get hurt before you build up any immunity. You can deaden your nerves on your striking surfaces, I'd say that's about it. Maybe meditate and try to disassociate from the pain?
>>
>>35105963
You're an idiot, that's what you are.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.