[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why can I squat more than I can deadlift??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: arnold-deadlifting3_556_334_c1.jpg (128 KB, 556x334) Image search: [Google]
arnold-deadlifting3_556_334_c1.jpg
128 KB, 556x334
I've been following phul for a few months now and on my lower power day I do squats and deadlifts back to back. I'm able to squat 225 for 4-5 reps but I could barely deadlift that much and had to deload. My form is okay when I asked people to spot me.

What the fuck is wrong with me?? Does it have something to do with doing deadlifts right after squat? Do I just suck at deadlifting or am I a fucking retard?
>>
>>35104254
Don't worry bro... DL is not the best for ANY bodypart anyway.
>>
>>35104254
Short appendages probably.
>>
>>35104279
I've just heard it's an all round excellent overall mass builder and that I should always be able to do more than my squats
>>
>>35104315
I actually do have rather short limbs. How does this affect the DL?
>>
>>35104340
In the deadlift short arms forces you to get lower down and also lengthen the distance you have to lift the bar until lockout.

Short legs are much more mechanically efficient at squatting due to the shorter lever arms.
>>
>>35104254
>>35104254

Yeah, you're actually retarded. Both movements are heavily taxing on the body so don't expect to be able to go ham or even 80% ham on both on the same say.

Try DL first next time before squatting to have a better idea of where you're at on your DL.

Also, doing what you are doing makes you prone to injury. I got hurt doing this.

Post videos, if you don't have any, take some.
>>
>>35104414
Just following what the routine tells me to do. Sounds like it is a good idea to alternate between doing squats and deadlifts first though
>>
>>35104254
According to this article you're either in the squat/bench or in the deadlift camp.
http://nattyornot.com/realistic-squat-bench-deadlift-naturals-much/
>>
>>35104254
How many pulls are you doing in a week?
Are you using Chalk?
What is your grip?
Do your hips shoot up?
Do you deadlift in a way different from this Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toG0XunIlQI?
>>
File: 1431430039476.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
1431430039476.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>35104414
Mate what are you talking about. Squats and diddys are on the same day for most routines on a leg day for a reason. Just take a longer rest in-between exercises or do something that focuses some different muscles before doing the other.
>>
Might be weak hamstrings. Do lots of Romanian deadlifts, I had the same problem a while back and it really helped
>>
>>35104500
5 pulls a week with chalk and mixed grip. Im a lot like that video although recently I was advised to lower my ass a bit more which I found made it more difficult
>>
>>35104648
Whoever told you to lower your ass probably has a different anamoty where lowering might be good for him/her. Just don't arch your back and don't be stupid and you should be alright.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.