[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the average time for shoulder impingement? should i still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: CMON.png (122 KB, 242x272) Image search: [Google]
CMON.png
122 KB, 242x272
what is the average time for shoulder impingement? should i still work shoulder if i have an impinged shoulder?
>>
>>35103417
meant to say what is the average time for recovery
>>
>>35103450
take a deload week and stretch it a couple of times a day
>>
File: schulter3.png (759 KB, 907x893) Image search: [Google]
schulter3.png
759 KB, 907x893
>>35103417
definitely take it seriously, OP.
have had problems with my shoulder since May now, because I never really treated it.

i paused for a whole month, put ice on it, and took ibuprofene against the inflammation.

stretch your whole upper body and strengthen your back, especially your upper back,rear delts. also work on your internal/external rotation of your shoulder!

maybe also get a physiotherapist to massage your traps and delts, worked a lot for me.
kinesio tape to support the shoulder also worked for me.

for me it is crucial to do a complete shoulder warm up before lifting (i'm a weightlifter). before i just did some stretches and some presses with the barbell and started heavy jerking. that's bullshit. now i warm up my upper body properly, up to 30 minutes, with elastic bands and light stretching.

please take sharp pain VERY seriously OP and dont wait to go to an orthopedic, if it doesnt improve!

best of luck

>pic related
my shoulder in an MRT scan from earlier this year
>>
depends on the severity of the injury, but as >>35103549 said, you definitely need to take it seriously. you can seriously fuck yourself up if you don't rehab an impinged shoulder properly
>>
An impinged shoulder is not an injury, an injury is something that would result from putting your shoulder in impingement under a load or in an awkward position.

What actually happened to your shoulder?
>>
>>35103715
bad form on a bench press
>>
>>35103715
*severity of the impingement and resulting damage, then
semantics
>>
>>35103728
>>35103802

Just go down to a weight you can do with good form, you probably just pissed off your supraspinatus by benching too close to your shoulders. Wouldn't be able to say for sure without actually seeing your bench.

And nobody can tell you how long it will take since without an actual diagnosis we have no idea what exactly is wrong with your shoulder and to what extent, since your description has been very vague.
>>
>>35103417
no, don't, or it will get worse

>>35103903
or how about just stop and let it heal?
>>
>>35103925

Doing it correctly won't make it worse. If you bench with the shoulder unimpinged, there is no mechanical reason why it would cause further tearing. If anything it's going to increase bloodflow around what is a fairly avascular tendon and help it heal faster.
>>
>>35103986
There's no guarantee he will be able to fix his form. All he's going to get from your post is "keep doing what you're doing, but be careful"
>>
>>35104042

Fair enough.

OP, get somebody who knows what they're doing to look at your bench before you end up sawing through your rotator cuff. Or read a book like Starting Strength, video yourself and learn what to look for yourself.
>>
>>35103417
what exactly is shoulder impingement?
i think i have it too, but i can't understand exactly what it is.
for me, when i move my scapula, i feel like there is muscle tissue pressing between my bones, or my scapula being so out of position that it strings the muscles and i hear a crackle every time. i don't know if this is what impingement is, but it gets pretty bad sometimes
>>
>>35104138

Stand up, put your arms out to the side like you're going to bench (so your fists will be pointing at the wall). Now raise your arms as high as you can get them. You'll feel some pressure at the top of your shoulder joint.

That's shoulder impingement, soft tissue being trapped between your acromion process and the head of your humerus. It is not a condition (unless you have a massive osteophyte somewhere which is unlikely).

Lots of people get crackling in their shoulders, if I spin my left shoulder around it cracks every time. It's meaningless unless it is accompanied by pain.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.