[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've started 30 pushups every 30 minutes. Starting at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Push-Ups.jpg (36 KB, 540x383) Image search: [Google]
Push-Ups.jpg
36 KB, 540x383
So I've started 30 pushups every 30 minutes. Starting at 9am and ending at midnight. Whenever the clock hits :00 or :30, I hit the ground and crank 'em out. If I'm at work, I just crank 'em out where no one can see and get back to work.

Honestly, this feels natural. I've been able to do 100 in a row for awhile, so this isn't exhausting, but gives an awesome soreness by bedtime. I think humans were meant more to be constantly expending moderate amounts energy than just dedicating an hour a day to a big burst of energy, but I'm still going about my regular gym routine in addition to this in background.
>>
>>35096637
enjoy your high levels of cortisol (inhibits muscle growth) and your nostrength (dat muscular endurance, tho)
http://greatist.com/fitness/bodyweight-push-up-variations
at least try to do some kind of progression where you start to elevate your feet as sets get too easy, or through on weight plates, or move to more difficult variations (i am a fan of archer push ups)

if you do that, you will actually make gains... but nowhere near as good as if you stopped with the calisthenic nonsense and picked up a barbell
>>
>>35096679

I'm not really looking for gains, I just like being active
>>
>>35096637
I did something like this for months when I didn't have access to a gym. All that happened was that I maintained my strength and ended up getting sore shoulders that stopped when I was able to go to the gym normally. If this is all you do, you'll also end up with a muscle imbalance unless you do horizontal pulling as well
>>
>>35096679

Isn't cortisol released due to stress? Push-ups make me feel great, which is the opposite of stress.
>>
>>35096724

Nah, this isn't the only thing I'm doing. I have a gym with all the barbells and dumbbells that I need, I just also do pushups every 30 minutes.
>>
>doing stupid shit while trying to reinvent the wheel without looking up legit info
>>
>>35096637
That's dumb and you're going to end up with lmao no chest since you're literally never letting that muscle recover
>>
>>35097021

I do pushups because I like pushups, Greentext Man. Bad day at the office?
>>
File: Morning Coffee.jpg (199 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
Morning Coffee.jpg
199 KB, 960x1280
>>35097042

>you're going to end up with lmao no chest since you're literally never letting that muscle recover

Pretty comfortable with my chest. Not trying to be a bodybuilder or anything, I just like to move and pushups are fun
>>
File: 1448584980648.jpg (52 KB, 626x460) Image search: [Google]
1448584980648.jpg
52 KB, 626x460
>>35096637
I swear by calisthenics go for gold breh, Fuck these nignogs trying to say push-ups aren't the greatest actl known to mankind.
>>
>>35097081
moar
>>
>>35096637
Rolling for push ups
>>
>>35097799
WOOO roll for more before bed
>>
Rolling for pushups as well
>>
>>35096750
sickening broscience, man

>>35097081
i can understand you not wanting to be a bodybuilder or whatever, but why not progress to more and more difficult variations of push ups like
>>35096679 suggested, as you develop your strength?
>>
>>35096637
>think humans were meant more to be constantly expending moderate amounts energy than just dedicating an hour a day to a big burst of energy
they also weren't meant to be aesthetic as FUUARK brah.
no but seriously the difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercise is DRASTIC

there is a reason anaerobics are preferred for strength and mass.

aerobics are great for cardio, though
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.