[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is better? Bulking and cutting or lifting at maintenance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 0szdO4Oh.jpg (134 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
0szdO4Oh.jpg
134 KB, 1024x683
What is better? Bulking and cutting or lifting at maintenance and slow bulking over time?
>>
>>35096101
Bulking and cutting then lifting for maintenance once you get to where you want to be
/thread
>>
>>35096101
>slow bulking over time
This if natty
>>
>>35096101
Better for what? Are you natty? What's your diet like?
You have to be more specific with your question because the answer will be different depending on your goals
>>
>>35096155

For gains
>>
Having good genetics, taking some gear and doing a bit of lifting is the best way to do it.

Or you could have average or crap genetics and try lifting natty for years and years and never really ever get really strong or lean ever.
>>
>>35096101
bulking is nice cause you get to not deal with worrying about your calories in/out as much. bulking on gear probably sucks dick though
>>
>>35096167
What gains? Strength? Mass? Aesthetics?
Are you just lifting for girls or are you trying to start competing?
Seriously, the original question is fucking retarded without any specifics. It's like asking "what's better? Pull ups or overhead pres?"
>>
>>35096101
Get to a healthy/acceptable to you bodyfat and then bulk with a moderate and gradually increasing surplus. Dunno where you got the idea that maintenance is going to get you bigger, at best it will recomp you which takes far too long as a natural. Don't do the classic fucking bro BULK CUT BULK CUT BULK CUT like a spastic retard and gain then lose the exact same 20lb over and over again. Commit to bulking as described above for several years, not months.
>>
>>35096214
His lack of specifics means you can probably just assume he wants general fitness/ aesthetics. Don't be silly anon
>>
>>35096101
>Bulking and cutting

These terms come from bodybuilding, where the guys are on CYCLES of various hormones and various drugs to counteract negative side-effects of said hormones.

Not gaining strength? Eat more. Putting on fat? Eat less and/or work out harder.
>>
File: rejected-cartoons-o.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
rejected-cartoons-o.gif
1 MB, 320x240
I got a pagan thing I do where I do some heavy bulking in the late fall and early winter and cut in the spring. Add calisthenics to your lifestyle and do bulking and you should get a fair amount of both imho.
>>
I'm two years in on a 3 year bulk. It's almost time to come out of my cocoon senpai.
>>
T b h the only way you can put on mass over a certain amount of time.... IS to eat a shitload and lift and workout and general.
>>
>you will never be enslaved by an imperious latina dominatrix
>>
>>35096101

>bulking
>cutting
>as a natty

you guys will never learn....
enjoy either looking like a dyel fuccboi or like a fat slob.
>>
>>35096101
first of all, there is no "fast bulking" unless you are on steroids. You can only build a certain amount of muscle and if you gain more weight it's all fat. Secondly you can't slow bulk if you eat at maintenance, if you can then you are not eating at maintenance. The general rule is to get lean and start bulking (max speed 2lbs/month part of that is fat anyway). The most improtant thing is to get stronger over time, if you gain 2lbs in a month but your lifts are the same you just got fat. Set a progression schedule/reachable goals and try to achieve them.
Question #1: am i getting stronger?
Question #2: am i gaining weight?
Question #3: am i gaining too much weight? (reduce calories if yes)
>>
Starting from a decent body fat, slow bulking, then slow cut for 3 months ans start again
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.