[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Optimized-20151130_195051.jpg (492 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
Optimized-20151130_195051.jpg
492 KB, 675x1200
I've been going to the gym consistently (5 times a week) for about 2-3 months now, and have seen some good improvement as far as strength and size go, but I haven't seen much fat loss. This is because I haven't watched my calories for shit. I'm going to start doing 2400 calories a day (TDEE=2900), and I don't eat any shit food (haven't had candy, soda, etc for about a year). What is your estimate on how long until I don't look shitty?

>switching to 6 days a week (ABCABCx)
>working out for about an hour a day
>30 minutes of cardio

>king of manlets at 5'9"
>160 lb

any suggestions that aren't fraudulent to help me reach my goal body (ottermode)?
>>
>>35095836
Mah bro. If I started looking like you, I honestly wouldn't bother to cut or bulk. Keep eating the amount you are eating, maybe more healthy stuff, as you gradually build more muscle and lose fat. You will eventually get lean this way, and you won't have to go through the pain of a cut.

Since you are already eating enough to maintain significant bodyfat you are already eating enough to gain good muscle. But as you gain muscle your body will only be able to remain the same weight by cutting fat.
>>
>>35095888
Pain of a cut? I don't really mind eating less. So if I ate my TDEE, what time frame do you think until I got rid of those love handles and that gut, starting to see just a little bit of visible abs (until I look good in a compression shirt basically)
>>
>>35095903
If you are eating at maintenance, and you are working out well, and since you are a relatively new trainee, you can assume ~1-1.5lbs of muscle growth per month for the first year or so. If you are eating maintenance then every pound of fat lost would be a pound gained, so you could expect to lose 12-18lbs of fat and gain 12-18 lbs of muscle in a year.

You CAN do it faster with a cut-bulk-cut cycle. But it is a little tougher to pull off when you are a beginner.
>>
File: Overweight-in-the-gym.jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Overweight-in-the-gym.jpg
53 KB, 600x600
no caliper available, what would you guess my BFP is? I'm thinking along the lines of 18-20% but I really have no idea
>>
>>35096125
I'd give you 22-24%.
>>
>>35096197
How long of eating maintenance until I reach say 14%? Will eating at a 500 kcal deficit speed that up significantly?
>>
File: WEBOO.jpg (485 KB, 2000x2156) Image search: [Google]
WEBOO.jpg
485 KB, 2000x2156
>>35096125
There is a pretty good fit guide I'm trying to find.
>>
>>35096238
So I'd put myself at like 3E there. 4C would be the body I'm looking for and I can bulk from there. Is it reasonable to think I can get that by mid-spring/summer?
>>
>>35096237
Well if you know that you are 160lbs, and are 22% BF, then it follows that you have around 35lbs of bodyfat. So if you lost say 12lbs of fat, without getting any muscle, you would now by at (35-12)/(160-12) * 100 % BF. You get the gist. You can calculate whatever you need to know for whatever scenario you choose.
>>
>>35096263
Mid-spring/early summer is a bit of a stretch I'd say. But I think you can be close.
>>
>>35096336
Thanks, that's encouraging. I'm going to try a 500 kcal deficit for a little while and see if it's not too bad, I'll post progress for sure. Thanks brah
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.