[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you solve ennui /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
How do you solve ennui /fit/?
>>
by leaving your house and qutting 4chin
>>
>>35095165
what a concise description of my life for the past 4 months
>>
Fix the "lack of occupation or excitement." Do shit that involves other people and no computers.
>>
>>35095181
leaving my house and doing what?

like, i'd leave my house if i had something to do. if i had friends. and said friends invited me somewhere.

instead i just sit in my house and browse 4chan. i have a home gym.

>>35095205
what kind of shit can i do with others?

i'm not good at any team sport, not into martial arts.
i do rock climb (alone) at a bouldering gym. but other than that, there doesn't look like a lot that i can do with others tbqh
>>
>>35095227
How old are you?
>>
Get a full-time job and financially responsible for your own standard of living (aka dont live as a dependent of mom and dad)

Being a real man basically kills this "ennui" in 90% of cases.
>>
>>35095236
relatively old. late 20's
>>
File: 9FPR1Vw.jpg (45 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
9FPR1Vw.jpg
45 KB, 600x800
>>35095205
People just tend to patch the emptiness, rather than fill it.
>>
>>35095258
That's not old at all.
>>
Travel. Empathize with people. Understand their problems. Get a mindset that you can actually contribute or find a solution. Fix problems. Become a god among men, but in the clothes of a common folk.
>>
>>35095258
I'm 32, you're only old if you choose to be. My private tango teacher is a lady in her late 50s and she's cool as hell, like she's 25.

Speaking of which, take a dance class, take a cooking class, join a bullshit co-ed adult sports team (kickball or something), anything that'll give you new experiences with new people.
>>
What happened to ennui fag trip
>>
I thought this thread was about the trip. You solve "ennui" by living your life and not being a faggot basically.
>>
>>35095227
How haven't you made friends climbing anon? For the first year or so I went early in the day when nobody was there, but I met someone and they normally went at night. Long story short, I know all the regulars that boulder and talk with them all the time

If an autist supreme like me can make friends so can you.

Also
>tfw I sprained my ankle last week and won't send the two v7s I've been projecting
>>
>>35095401
>needing two feet to climb
Casual.
>>
preacher curls
>>
>>35095430
>implying I don't campus
>>
>>35095264
"Emptiness".. A lot of people feel empty inside but find things to do that entertain them and make life worth living. It's apart of being human and having free will. Past a certain point you realize a lot of people are just pieces of shit but some are good. So go out..make a living..be friends with the people you get along with. Just don't be a complete asshole and have fun.
>>
File: sznYWEm[1].jpg (48 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
sznYWEm[1].jpg
48 KB, 479x720
>>35095353
i was thinking of taking a dance class, but i'm also very awkward.. don't want to creep people out

i've looked into cooking classes too, but there aren't many in my area. like there are a lot of 'watch another guy cook' classes, but i'd rather do something more hands on
i'm terrible at every sport. mostly due to poor eyesight

i will keep looking, maybe i can find a cooking class. was also thinking of taking a foreign language class

>>35095401
i've only started climbing recently. i like it, finished every V1 at my gym. but seems like i'm stalling in my grip strength as i can only do one of the V2's.
>>
>>35095227
>find local pool
>swim

It's something you can do every day without feeling too exhausted. It's the perfect solitary workout if you're social anxious (no one can talk to you while you're swimming). There's qts in swimsuits to raise your test. You can get a nice tan if you have pale skin. Most pools are heated so you can go in Winter.
>>
>>35095165
Killing spree
>>
>>35095580
I guarantee it's your footwork and not your grip. Practice traversing when the gym is more or less empty to work on your feet. Practice back stepping, high stepping, edging, and switching feet until you can do it silently

And by chance it is your grip, find out of the box ways to by pass you crux. Try to find a different way to send the route that suits your climbing style/body type. I personally like throwing heel hooks and big dynamic moves on more vertical walls. I'm 6' 140lb skelly so skipping holds works better for me. Got a bad slopper you can't hold? If it has a bomber foot under it and the underside of the hold is more flat than the top, try pressing up against it rather than hanging from it. Think differently, you'll make it brah, we all will
>>
>>35095165

Lift until I can't feel/think. 20+ rep heavy squat days are good.
>>
>>35095687
what the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>35095722
Climbing. What are you talking about?
>>
>>35095642
that is something i can do. but it's not something i do with other people really..,

>>35095687
i don't know what it is. but if i'm on a wall that is angled (towards me), i find it hard to stay on the wall while moving an arm to a new hold.

like if my feet are each on a foothold, left hand is on a sloper, right hand is on a jug. if i move my right hand to another jug, i find it hard to hold on and stay on the wall with just one hand
>>
>>35095778
Work on your core then. Also, in that scenario, I would drop my left foot before moving my right hand up. This changes your center of gravity and should help. Idk if it's me, but on any overhanging wall, I almost always have only one foot on the wall and it's the side that my hand is moving (if I'm crimping with my left hand, my right foot is up, left leg is hanging down and right hand reaching up). this prevents your left foot slipping and the momentum of that from ripping you off the wall
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.