[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boxing vs Lifting: Help me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2009666-rocky_iv_original_k.jpg (67 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
2009666-rocky_iv_original_k.jpg
67 KB, 640x360
I've been thinking about it for a week now and I can't realy decide.

I'll make it quick. I love boxing and I love lifting.
On one hand, there's this boxing gym near my house (like 4 minutes by walk) with a good trainer and some shitty lifting equipment. (At least there are lifting equipments)

On the other hand. Well, a pretty nice gym but that's 30 minutes from home with public transport. Good thing is that I go there whenever I want while boxing, there's a specific schedule.

I'm a student and I can't do both at the same time.

Deep down I know boxing is the best choice since you learn how to fight but Iv'e been lifting for so long that it's a hard decision to make.
>>
What are you goals? Do you want to compete in boxing or a lifting sport? Do you want general fitness? Do you want to do a bodybuilding pageant? It all depends on your goals.
>>
>>35094557

That's the fucking problem. As a kid I always wanted to be the strongest motherfucker when after I watched Bruce Lee and Rocky's movies for the first times.
But I also want to look good with my shirt off.
>>
>>35094598

If you want to be that strongest, then lift wrights. Boxing will make you stronger, but you won't be the strongest that you can possibly be.

However, you could look decent with a shirt off if you did boxing and did some weights on the side as you mentioned they have equipment.
>>
>>35094677

When I said strongest, I meant in fighting skills. Being the strongest in lifting heavy never interested me. I just lift to look good and be in shape.
>>
>>35094798
do boxing. lots of people can lift somewhat heavy, not many people can box well if at all.
>>
>>35094798

Okay, so do boxing. It wouldn't hurt if you learned some grappling as well (unless you want to do just boxing). Most boxers and fighters dedicate a portion of their training to weights.
>>
>>35094821
>>35094810

Shit, okay then.
I still have my gym pass for a few month so I'll go check the boxing club and see if I'll like it or not.
>>
>>35095050
If you do the cardio work and follow the coach's cutting advice, you'll look fantastic anyway.
>>
>>35094527
Do boxing.
>>
>guys pls halp should i box or lift?
what are your goals?
>i wanna be the strongest motherfucker huurrr
so lift
>no i mean strongest as in the best boxer duuuurrr
so box
>k then

This is one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen. You know what, you should stop being so poor so you wouldn't have to make these extremely difficult decisions.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.