[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does weed effect gainz?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: g13HD3.jpg (829 KB, 1400x800) Image search: [Google]
g13HD3.jpg
829 KB, 1400x800
Does weed effect gainz?
>>
Good for cutting your brain fat
>>
If I wanted humor I'd just ask you what your one rep maxes are.
>>
>>35094461
>implying it kills brain cells
literally the opposite of true.
only proven effect is neurogenesis.

>>35094492
ebin trole/10

>>35094428
>Does weed effect gainz?
affect*
and no, it doesn't
no beneficial affect, and no detrimental affect.

at least not pharmacologically.

some people feel they can push themselves harder and feel better while stoned.
some feel it makes them lethargic and lazy.

if you are the former, it is good for you, if the latter it is not.

just see how it affects you.

also you shouldn't carbonize marijuana ever.
polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons are no joke
>>
>>35094519
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/science/powerful-skunk-weed-causes-significant-6909557
>>
>>35094538
Mirror
>valid even in chon argument
Kek me another
>>
>>35094634
Looks like all that weed you've been smoking has affected your ability to form coherent sentences.
>>
>>35094428
Its good if you are an edgy teenage loser
>>
File: nothing.jpg (28 KB, 245x252) Image search: [Google]
nothing.jpg
28 KB, 245x252
>>35094538
>mirror
>study of less than 100 participants
>2% reduction in efficiency of corpus callosum
>implying that reduction is statistically meaningful given the small sample size
>Although what effect it might have on users and whether there is any connection with psychosis remains unclear
>>
>fewer brain cells
>psychosis
>lethargy
>craving for junk food
>addiction

pick 2
>>
>>35094519
is carbonizing smoking it? What do you recommend, vaporizing?
>>
>>35094943
>Doctor sees patient
>Doctor asks "Do you smoke?"
>patient: "No, I vape"
>Doctor: "Oh, okay"
>*writes "fucking loser" on his clip board*
>>
>>35094979
lel not even mad nor vexed
>>
>>35094979

Kek
>>
Keeps me pumped throughout my workout, kinda hurts added with pre-workout lmao but I put in the work still
>>
Helped me make more gains
>>
>>35095862
Why are you asking /fit/? You're only going to get anti weed and pro weed faggots arguing and posting broscience. Everyone is different anyway, some people on here would get addicted, lethargic, and eat a 120 count bag of pizza rolls in one sitting, while others would be unaffected/make more gains.

>lift for a period of time without weed
>lift for a period of time with weed
>compare results when done
>???????
>profit
>>
It motivates me to workout. I make a delicious protein weed post workout smoothie so if I skip a day I can't enjoy that shit, so I never skip.
>>
>>35094979
lol so original
>>
Tbh I have only weed to thank for my sculpted physique
>>
>>35094428

>affect
>>
>>35094979
for anyone who smokes don't ever tell doctors. they just whine and it never actually helps them diagnose anything not related to your throat
>>
>>35094428
Don't overeat. I want to eat lots and lots of shit food when I'm stoned.

I also cant really do anything physically intense while high personally. YMMV. I get too uncoordinated with my movements to lift or run.

Its bad for your lungs if you smoke it but thats a no brainer, try switching to edibles or vaporizing if you are able to. Due to the fact that you smoke less of it, it's less bad than cigs. If you smoke a few bowls a week that is far safer than several cigs a day. I've heard that weed is worse on your lungs than cigs at the same amount, like smoking a cigarette sized joint is worse for you than one normal cigarette, but again, you probably do drastically less.

You can't get a withdrawal-inducing addiction but you can get a psychological addiction, meaning you'll crave it but you won't get shaky or sweaty or irritable. It's easier to kick a weed habit than cig habit for this reason.

It's probably cheaper than cigs if you're in a country that has high tobacco taxes. A dime is cheaper than a pack of cigs here and that dime can last me all week if it's just me smoking it.

So in summary, weed is fine and def better than cigarettes but dont be a dummy. Thank you for your considerations.
>>
File: 1448120548483.jpg (23 KB, 263x317) Image search: [Google]
1448120548483.jpg
23 KB, 263x317
>>35094901
>published in psychological medicine
>implying you know anything about statistics
>implying you even know what a p value is, setting alpha, critical values, etc
>implying 100 isn't actually a large number of people
>implying 0.2% couldn't be significant, depending on the standard deviation (again, you don't know anything about stats)
>>
Everyone I know of personally that started smoking weed became a retard [if they weren't already]. Hoping that will be wrong in my cousins case.

It's not good for you. I see studies about it causing low testosterone, impotence, and brain damage about once a month or so. The compounds get absorbed in your fat and have a persistent effect for years.

It's good for sex. I'd say limit yourself to once a week.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.