[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ I'm going to be pretty limited on equipment for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: dumbell.jpg (68 KB, 1024x906) Image search: [Google]
dumbell.jpg
68 KB, 1024x906
Hey /fit/ I'm going to be pretty limited on equipment for a bit, are there any decent dumbbell-only routines?
>>
Nope.
>>
>>35094423
>Hey /fit/ I'm going to be pretty limited on equipment for a bit, are there any decent dumbbell-only routines?

not... really..

but technically you can do everything with dumbbell you can do with barbell, except squats and cleans

pretty hard to get heavy enough dumbbells to deadlift though, desu
>>
>>35094440
and even then, you can do goblet squats and dumbbell pistol squats and shit...

not great, but better than nothing, especially if you combine it with plyo work (box jumps and squat hops and such)
>>
If you have a pull up bar you can get something going for the upper body.

If you can't already do pistol squats then I'm not sure what your leg day is going to look like.
>>
flat-incline press / flyes / weighted pushups / dips?

shoulder press / lateral and rear raise / upright rows

one arm row / pullups? / dumbbell pullover

bicep curls / preacher curls / tricep extensions / kickbacks

one leg squat / lunges/ box jumps / stiff legged deadlift
>>
>>35094423
>I'm going to be pretty limited on equipment for a bit
are you going up into space?
>>
File: Poor Homegym Lifter v1c.jpg (500 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Poor Homegym Lifter v1c.jpg
500 KB, 1200x1200
>>35094423

Don't listen to newbies, you don't need barbells if you don't care about strength and have enough DB plates.
>>
>>35094601
>If you can't already do pistol squats then I'm not sure what your leg day is going to look like.
obviously heavy goblet squats, and shrimp squats while he works up to pistol

>>35094440
>technically you can do everything with dumbbell you can do with barbell, except squats and cleans
>>35094728
>Don't listen to newbies
oh?
so you can put dumbbells in the front rack position?
no?
i don't know how you expect a serious amount of weight on the front squat, if you have to hold the weight up with your arms. also how will you clean?

also you can't do heavy calf raises or backsquats.

but it was already admitted in the thread you can do almost everything with db you can with bb, including deadlift.
>>
>>35094820

>so you can put dumbbells in the front rack position?

Yes?
>>
Get a pull up bar and some gymnastic rings breh.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.