[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this Ringworm? Doctors just give me fungal cream but it comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Is this Ringworm?
Doctors just give me fungal cream but it comes back
What do
>>
>>35093720
rip
>>
>>35093720
OP here, have it on both arms and legs and feet, leg one is huge too can provide photo if needed
>>
>>35093720
just go to the fucking doctor
>>
Buy defense soap.

Use defense soap
>>
>>35093779
I've been three times, they give me cream and it helps but never completely goes
>>
he try applying some off the counter "hydrocortizone cream with aloes" a few times a day
>>
>>35093827
>>35093798
Are all these available in UK?
>>
>>35093843

for sure, it's very common.
It should be next to the bandaids and cost like 10$
>>
It looks like eczema m8. Go to a doctor and he'll prescribe some cream for it
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>35093904
Will it work on this?
>>
>>35093720
Looks like hive
>>
>>35093929

ringworm would look more like, well, rings. it looks more like hives. so consult an allergist, maybe.
>>
If you have pets you might be getting it from them, check if they have it. Also make sure to boil wash your bedsheets and everything often while under treatment for that shit, otherwise you will keep spreading the bacteria around and infect yourself again.
>>
>>35093929

only one way to find out...
>>
>>35094059
Don't have pets, will wash my sheets more frequently
>>
>>35093720
Inject calcium into your bloodstream, as quickly as possible, don't slow dose that shit. That or it's a viral infection, in which case get antibiotics
>>
>>35093720
My forearms where just like that 2 weeks ago. Just applied moisturizer everyday and it was back to normal in a week.

But my rash might have been caused as a side effect of Isotretinoin which I am taking currently soo this might not apply to you.
>>
>>35093720
>Doctors just give me fungal cream but it comes back
Keep using it after it's gone and wash your sheets and clothing.
If it's causing it to go away while you use it, it's the correct diagnosis.
You're probably not consistently applying the cream. Apply it as much as you shitpost on this Korean Pottery Usenet Group.
Ringworm is insanely contagious.

>>35094043
Ringworm won't necessarily look like rings, especially with bad or recurrent infections. Also not a bacteria.
>>
>>35094618
I've had it a while, and family and partners have not gotten it at all, so I assume the cream will work it is just me being lazy and reckless. Appreciate the input
>>
>>35093806
WASH YOURSELF NIGGER
>>
>>35093929
Diabeetus.
>>
>>35094618
>Also not a bacteria.
I got your post mixed up with >>35094059
>>
Looks like ringworm to me. Keep applying that shit til it goes away
>>
>>35094700
Shower every day and consistently wash hands m8
>>
>>35094749
That fuckin sucks
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Would you not say this is a ring?
>>
When I had a rash the doctor told me to use Head & Shoulders as body wash. Rash went away.
>>
>>35093720
Fluconazole. 1 pill, gone for good
>>
>>35095183
Ringworm is a fungus infection though.

>>35095120
Yeah it looks like ringworm.
>>
>>35093720
I have exzema and I get the exact same thing thought it was ringworm and got fungal cream but it do sent work.
Its literally the same thing I get little rings of dry skin on the arms and legs.
eczema cream works treat on it its just eczema or something related.
>>
>>35095373
Applied this dermol cream all over my red shit and I'm in bed it burns like crazy

It's not insanely itchy but it isn't comfortable
>>
>>35095500
Forgot to mention it started only on my leg, but then spread across legs and to my arms, sound like ringworm?
>>
>>35093720
lichen planus. autoimmune disease. try a cortisone cream.
>>
>>35093720
Dont listen to everyone saying it's ringworm. It's either eczema or mild psoriasis; it will never go away completely, you were born with genes that make your skin/immune system react this way for no reason or small environmental reasons.

calcium, sun exposure, and steroidal creams (like hydrocortizone) are the only reasonable options to deal with it.

Don't get one of those immune-suppressing psoriasis shots like Humira. That shit is way too dangerous, even though it does make the psoriasis go away.
>>
File: 1350945467054.jpg (109 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1350945467054.jpg
109 KB, 406x364
>>35094311
>viral infection
>get antibiotics
>>
>>35093955

"we've woken the hive"

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
OP here, took me like an hour to get asleep last night. Just put my bedding in the wash, and showered and dried excessively and put the cream on again. The difference of opinions doesn't put me at ease though, I've had this problem for a year and a half, surely someone in close contact would have contracted it if it was ringworm?
>>
I have the exact same thing lmao this is gonna sound like momscience but get unrefined coconut oil and slather yourself in it then wash it off in the shower with some pharmaceutical sensitive skin fuck boy body wash. Do this this every day till it goes away and then once a week for maintenance
>>
You nasty shit how did you get ring worm all over? I've only ever had one on my arm when I wrestled.
>>
>>35093720
Ask for anti fungal PILLS as well as the cream.
Lower carb intake/ go on a keto diet too, it might help to keep it under control
>>
>>35098925
its not ringworm.
>>
>>35100507
Probably from reading your post.
>>35100620
Any foods in particular you recommend/prohibit? I have never really tried eating correctly so I need some help.
>>
>>35093720

Go to a derma man, your GP should of sent you to one immediately if the cream doesn't clear it.
>>
>>35100700
Are you sure of that?
>>
>>35101359
Says a lot about the state of the NHS in our country then. The cream did clear it (mostly) for a period but it always struck back
>>
looks like eczema or psoriasis try oatmeal and this >>35093827

believe it or not tanning is supposed to help as well... so are dietary changes... my s/o has this and hasn't had an issue since becoming vegetarian...
>>
If it does not itch, keep applying anti-fungal cream 2-3 times a day. It can take several months to treat skin fungus.
>>
>>35093720
>>35093827
medfag here I dunno...from that pic it doesnt look like ring worm...if it's a fungal infection hydrocortisone might make it worse b/c steroids will weaken your immune defense where you apply it. Looks like some sort of tinea but I dunno.
>>
>>35101731
Oatmeal? If you say so I will give it a go, is porridge a UK equivalent?
>>35101768
It does itch, just usually after I put creams on though.

Appreciate the response and support from you guys, Happy holidays.
>>
>>35101685
Fungus tends to do this man. It's persistent. It's everywhere/normal flora and apparently your skin isn't very good at fighting it off/doesn't give a fuck that it's there. make sure you use the full course of fungal cream as directed and you should ask for refills. Also, suggest to your doctor an oral antifungal like ketoconazole
>>
>>35101800
I've been given fungal based creams like, any home remedies or general advice you can give?
>>
>>35093720
I had this when I was a kid. It isn't deadly and afaik, it isn't ringworm but some kind of fungal infection.

I used to use some cream for it but it eventually went away.
>>
It looks like a thing I had a while ago which my pharmacist cousin unofficially diagnosed as ringworm.
>>
>>35101859
Sounds like it helped but came back. In this case ask for a fungal cream without cortisone, and use it for at least 2 more weeks after the rash has disappeared completely. It is also important to keep treating the entire affected area even when the rash starts to shrink (use a marker pen to make this easier). Just like moldy food, fungus spreads its mycels everywhere and you must treat it aggressively.
>>
>>35101905
Respect for this, first time after it looked fine I pretty much just left it and it come back. Second time I just ran out of fungal cream cause they give you so fucking little.
I will pick some more fungicidal cream when I have the ££
>>
>>35101859

i think so? idk... not uk so i can't tell, but oatmeal is a common ingredient in eczema creams and skin care stuff, you make a paste and put it on and it should give you some relief... it really doesn't look like ringworm to me though
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
This is on the other leg compared to the big one? Make the diagnosis easier?
>>
>>35102864
You will die son
>>
>>35102993
R.I.P. me
>>
>>35102864
Go do a good Doctor. You need fungal tabletts to heal from inside not 10 kg cream for full body.
>>
>>35104435
Sounds legit, I will go next time and ask for tablets
>>
>>35102864
Maybe early Psoriasis. Anyone in the family or distant that has this?
>>
>>35101859
If you think it might be eczema, try cold ass showers

I had eczema for a few years until I gave up hot showers, shit went away fast as fuck
>>
>>35104849
Did this really work though?
>>35104796
Don't believe so
>>
>>35093720
Yeah it's ringworm. Keep doing what the doctors tell you and do it until it goes away.
Don't scratch at it either.
>>
>>35104879
I have no idea if it'll work for you or not, but it's not like I'm prescribing meds to you, so you might as well try

My skin used to be itchy as fuck all the time until I started to shower with cold water every day
>>
>>35094772
if it helps its def a fungal infection. reduce moisture as much as possible in the areas EXCEPT for the cream you apply. baby powder is good
>>
>>35105476
Thank you for the info
>>35105356
How sure are you that it's ringworm?

It tends to get really tender/itchy after showers if that's a helpful symptom
>>
>>35095347

many anti-dandruff shampoos contain an antifungal agent
>>
>>35093729
Gave me a chuckle.
>>
>>35098966

Cocunut oil contains caprylic acid, which kills fungus. You can actually leave coconut oil to dry on your skin. A lot of people use it as a moisturizer.
>>
>>35101350

Supposedly, sugar and foods high in refined carbohydrates will, in theory, feed the yeast and fungus in your body. There's not a lot of scientific evidence to prove this but cutting down on sugar and white bread isn't a terrible idea just don't go overboard with it.

But keep in mind that I'm not a doctor. I'm just some idiot on a fitness board and you should take my advice with a grain of salt.
>>
>>35106197
I can confirm, I get yeast infections that correlate with high intake of artificial sweeteners, if I cut it out, they subside. I looked up & found studies that show yeast can grow off artificial sweeteners because they can contain some calories still (up to 5 calories per serving) & still claim 0 cal.

Tea tree oil also works a lot better than non holistic creams, very soothing.
>>
Does it get itchy?
>>
>>35106082
>>35106138
Noted

>>35106197
I will still aim to cut sugar and carbs out of my diet!
>>35106218
Do you think the rashes like the one pictured above, could be due to intake of this shit?
>>35106250
Yes it fucking does
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
OP here, this is the stuff the doctor gave me that I still have
I ran out of the Fungicidal one I think it's called Fucibet?
Anyone know if this will be effective or not?
>>
bump out of fear
>>
File: 1442760262960.jpg (75 KB, 405x523) Image search: [Google]
1442760262960.jpg
75 KB, 405x523
>>35095735
I almost wasn't going to bother responding to this thread until I read this. Listen to this guy OP. I also get those spots on my skin. Moisturizing creams or stuff like vaseline will prevent it from getting dry and flaky but it won't make it go away. Apply a thin layer of whatever mild steroid cream your doc prescribes until it's gone and it probably won't come back more than once a year (for me it's during winter and times of high stress).
>>
File: 4937224232_74548ff3a7_b.jpg (326 KB, 1024x609) Image search: [Google]
4937224232_74548ff3a7_b.jpg
326 KB, 1024x609
Could be psoriasis. The only way to find out is to go to a dermatologist and do a skin biopsy.
I had psoriasis but i thought it was ringworm. Spend $30 on OTC cream on Amazon but it didn't work out because wrong cream for wrong skin condition.
Doc prescribed psoriasis cream, shit went away after 4 days.
>>
Looks like ringworm to me. I have had it before and antifungal didn't work but i eventually got it to go away using bleach. Water it down a little nitand try it it worked for me. Also make sure to wash your sheets clothes uunderwear gym shorts gym clothing etc regularly if not more so.
>>
>>35110551
Change my clothing every day buddy

Booked a doctors appointment and they have nothing til next week, fuck my life I'm so itchy
>>
>>35093720
No ringworm would be perfect circles ...
It looks like scoariasis
>>
>>35095120
Yes however it's unlikely you have 2 different rashes at once but it could always be lupes
>>
>>35112980
If it was Lupus then surely the anti-fungus cream would have had no effect at all?
>>
I had something similar, I thought it was ringworm as well. Honest to god it turned out to be guttate psoriasis. Looks the fucking same. I had had strep throat a bit before that which actually is one of the causes of it. Get checked for strep also, if you still have strep, get that fixed, then apply the cream making sure to get every single spot or it will come back. That was my story.

Now, if its ringworm there's an easy test. The fungus has to be in your skin, stretch out one of the rings, and if it remains red, boom its a fungus and probably ringoworm. It it changes color from red to a more normal skin color, its not ringworm and you need to see a dermatologist for this shit.
>>
>>35114298
Just did this and all my rashes go white after it, however the fungal cream does help? Appreciate the help pal.
Anyone know what could this could be?

(Managed to pick the fungicidal cream up and it burns the shit out my rashes, main ingredient is fusidic acid I believe)
>>
>>35104849
I've got the same stuff. Looks exactly like that.

Cold showers def help. My doc gave me a cream called 'clobetasol' clears it right up.

Drink lots of water and moisturize should keep it under control
>>
>>35114674
The cream is likely a clobetasol cream correct? That treats both ringworm and guttate. I had the guttate come back once after they figured out what was going on too, and had to redo my clobetasol treatment.
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>35115608
I'll start doing cool showers then man appreciate advice

Pic is the fungicidal cream
>>
>>35093720
It looks like a form of Psoriasis

Dit it start with 1 (that kept growing) spot on either arms/legs/chest?
>>
>>35117982
SORRY SORRY i brain farted i meant

Pityriasis rosea

sorry
>>
>>35117999
Started with the big one on my lower right leg and eventually appeared everywhere
>>
>>35117999
Holy shit I Wiki'd it and it seems to be my situation except it's not on my torso, just arms and legs
>>
>>35118411
If that's the case don't worry. It comes at random (sometimes in stress periods or seasonal change). It is believed to be innocuous (is this a word?) and there's no cure. It just appears and then go away after some weeks.

I have it too but it's limited only to 1 big starting spot and 1-2 small ones after a couple weeks. I'm 27 and so far it appeared (and desappeared) 5-6 times. So not even frequent at all.

Also it's in no way contagious. Usually it doesn't itch either. Remember that a strong itch it's usually linked to a fungus
>>
>>35118606
Well I'm gonna continue to apply the fungus cream and lotion anyways, I'll cool shower and look for anti-histamines. Really appreciate the input pal
>>
>>35118606
They do itch but it's usually when I get hot
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.