[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: overview-small.png (29 KB, 436x291) Image search: [Google]
overview-small.png
29 KB, 436x291
How do we fix this?
>>
>>35090134
You don't - i mean, you can't. Not really. Fat shaming helps a bit tho.
>>
File: 1440150792486.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1440150792486.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>35090134

Those stats are wrong. That's for the USA, not America.
>>
Epigenetics will clear this up for us. Soon US will be just a ton of 7 foot 300pound people
>>
>>35090134
You don't. Allow society to stratify into two distinct classes of people, and be viewed as a God among men when you're the former.
>>
>>35090134
Education.

Anything else won't work as well.
>>
>Better education
>More exercise and better nutrition in schools
>Tax on shitty fast-food places
>>
>>35090156
You should be thankful that they didn't use World instead
>>
Stop making food so delicious
>>
>>35090134
There's no way to fix it

The end state of humanity is as a bunch of cows, herded and farmed by the robots
>>
>>35090201

Yes, yes, no. What will a tax do to remedy the situation? All you're doing is making people pay more for something they wanna buy anyways.
>>
I think if we taught more "accessible" or interesting health information to kids, it could help a lot. It sounds kinda horrible in retrospect and fatties would never allow it, but I bet if we showed real pictures, statistics, and emphasized the negative health effects of being fat, we could scare a lot more kids into making healthy choices. They do it with drugs and STDs and it seems slightly effective. I know a lot of guys who'd think twice about sharing a needle or having unprotected sex with a gross girl, but wouldn't even bat at eye at a doctor telling them they're overweight. It's even worse now that HAES people are trying to convince impressionable youth on tumblr that there are literally no potential negative consequences of being obese.
>>
>>35090617
If healthy food choices are by far the cheaper alternative, maybe it will sway a lot of people off eating shit all the time?
I dunno, just my thoughts, senpai
>>
>>35091184
Poorfag here. Healthier choices Are already cheaper than fast food. Unless you know how to cook and prepare meals in advance fast food is the easier and better tasting option.

Taxing fast food and sody pop might raise revenue but it won't stop consumption.
>>
>>35090134
We teach people how to cook healthy meals. People are too detached on what's in their food and have no idea how much sugar or butter there is in their desserts.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.