[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jeff Cavaliere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 348x423) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 348x423
/fit/
What do you think about Jeff Cavaliere "Athlean-X"?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y1r9toPQNkM
>>
>>35088693
looks like scoobys boyfriend
>>
>>35088693
He sprouts simplified biomechanics as reasons to not do accessory movements and does all his videos shirtless, because he's DYEL in clothes.

He seems to make sense, but, seriously, do you know of anybody who has ever had an injury from pressing behind the neck?
>>
Just watched his video on elbows injuries.
He seems to know what he's talking about.
>>
>>35088693
He is annoying but I learned some good shit from him
>>
File: 1386651974634.png (364 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1386651974634.png
364 KB, 600x800
>>35088735
Seems to, yeah. That's the problem with him.

He's sprouting blanket statements on joint movements that are very individual to each person.

His 'no shoulder joint movements from behind the neck' is retarded when applied to everybody.

All his videos follow the same, click bait format and most of his shit is Rich Piana levels of 'knows his shit'.
>>
>>35088715
>do you know of anybody who has ever had an injury from pressing behind the neck?
it's not uncommon
btn requires adequate shoulder mobility, and a lot of people have really shit tier shoulder mobility
>>
>>35088698
He doesn't look anything like Scooby's creepy husband.
>>
>>35088693
for a guy who's so worried about injuries and bad form he does have some fucked up posture
>>
Great guy
>>
he's currently the best lifting youtuber, imho

he's not gonna have a following among dumb kids but his views speak for themselves (compare to scooby's recent videos)
>>
File: scooby2.jpg (88 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
scooby2.jpg
88 KB, 1080x1080
>>35088777
not the guy you replied to but here you can compare
>>
>>35088773
Me and a few other guys at the gym have. Nothing severe. Some have just been knots in the trapezia, and one was the mildest cervical disc herniation that was solved with ten minutes of stretching.

I rather like J.C. He really knows his stuff, explains things technically yet simply, and is a great way for people without a science background to get some human anatomy lessons.
>>
>>35088773
i would do it, but i'm afraid of losing gip on 150+lb bar behind my neck and Kevin Ogaring myself
>>
>>35088743
like what?
>>
File: jeff.png (210 KB, 616x295) Image search: [Google]
jeff.png
210 KB, 616x295
I get the not liking machines, but doesn't this way of doing hamstring exercises fuck your kneecaps real hard?
>>
>>35089485
I use do work hamstings that way, and I put a mat under my knees, never felt pain in kneecaps, but now that you mention it I am starting to wonder if it can hurt them...
>>
>>35089485

Nah not at all. Been doing those for 5 years. If you do it on concrete sure you get superficial discomfort but just get something soft
>>
>>35089439
For lateral raises lean forward to activate the medial head on the delts. It's much more comfortable than pretending you are pouring a pitcher.
>>
>>35089527
you're grinding them inside under huge pressure even if the surface is soft. it's physics. leverage and so on.
>>
He knows his shit. Anyone saying anything else is an uneducated pleb
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.