[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any true health concerns with crash dieting(700+kcal/day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (716 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
716 KB, 750x1334
Are there any true health concerns with crash dieting(700+kcal/day deficit) if you are not concerned with maintaining mass, have the willpower to sustain it for a period and get all your micros?

I'm estimated at a TDEE of 2250 and I have been in the ball park of 1500 for the past week. I could potentially cut that even more. I know it's mom science that "starvation mode" but I don't know if there is a point of diminishing returns or like a soft cap for dieting like for +hit rating.

Also who starts a cut thanksgiving week.
>>
>>35087851
no.
you will even maintain most LBM if you eat sufficient protein with resistance training.

only problem that can occur is if you are cutting too hard and you are doing lots of cardio, you will start fighting metabolic adaptation, and could stall on weight loss for other reasons too (cortisol levels, w/e)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOHdUNdg7x4

but there is no reason not to crash diet if done intelligently.

there is also no need to crash diet.
>>
>>35087851
Once a beta, always a beta. Look at that fucking hover hand.
>>
I'm a vain man and I allowed myself to become a walking example of reverse progress. Gained 40lbs in a year.
>>
you'll be okay as long as you're getting enough fats to sustain normal hormone levels and protein for lbm.

just eat plenty of leafy greens to keep yourself full. also steady state low intensity cardio is the way to go if you're looking to maximize fat loss and minimize muscle catabolism. good luck anon, you can do it.
>>
>>35087851
No, absolutely not. The whole "starvation mode" thing is pretty much bullshit and only applies to actual fasting for many days. It is not relevant to any actual diet. Losing weight fast is no problem for a healthy body. I'm actually surprised that you called 700 kcal deficit crash dieting, as I think this is the bare minimum for any diet. I usually don't even bother with any deficit below 1000 kcal/day.
>>
>>35087899
>I'm a vain man

well you're posting on /fit/ so you're in good company
>>
>>35087911
My current TDE is ~1250 kcal
would I require a diet of 175 kcal to be able to call it a crash diet?

And no, 1250 is not on a deficit
>>
>>35087941
You're a 4'5'' 80 pounds girl?
>>
>>35087941
>And no, 1250 is not on a deficit
what the fuck?
are you a literal midget?

also 1250 - 700 = 550 not 175
>>
>>35087949
My wife is 5'2" 110 and that's her TDEE so you're not far off. Dieting for females must suck.
>>
>>35087941
You're an Ethiopian paraplegic toddler?
>>
>>35087851
>dat 1000 yard stare
>>
>>35087961
Yeah but do you really need to lose weight at 5'2" 110 pounds?
>>
Found a few studies on www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov comparing athletes dieting on -750 cal and athletes dieting on -250 or so cal, stating no statistical difference in body composition, aside from the -750 cal group losing more body fat.

I've always treated cuts like bandaids and done then as fast as possible because they suck a bag of dicks. Just get your protein in and keep lifting.
>>
>>35088004
Oh yea, meant to say I found a few a while ago but after two searches today I decided I'm too lazy to find it for you, sorry.
>>
I would like to have physical contact with a woman again.

I know it's not the worst spell amongst present company but the last time I kissed someone was January 2014 and the last time I had sex was about May 2013.

>best shape of my life

Fug.
>>
>>35087941
theres no way your tdee is 1250, there re 10 year olds with higher tdees than that.

most likely, you've calculated your tdee wrong or you are an actual midget.
>>
>>35087990
She ended up recomping. She lost the jiggle but actually gained a few pounds.

She has a good build for lifting so I hammered her with pictures of like Kim Tran and Chelsea what's her face from Instagram. we were both doing fantastic until we decided to reproduce. Babies are the real gains goblins.
>>
>>35088004
thats fine, really just wanted to start a cutting general. Misery loves company and we can talk about our feels.

>tfw sushi fits my diet but it's so damn expensive
>>
>>35088004
I'm interested in seeing that study
>>
Weight lost quickly = weight regained quickly.
Dieting is a shortterm solution and you will experience the yo-yo effect. Maybe not right away but you will regain the weight you lose. Crash dieting is just an extreme form of dieting; you lose more weight faster and you will also regain more weight faster.
The only way to obtain lasting weight loss is through lasting changes to your lifestyle and eating habits i.e. just being fucking healthy.

The only people who should ever "diet" are people who have no issues with gaining the weight back later on, such as people prepping for a photoshoot or something similar.
Of course, if you plan to start bulking after you've hit a certain low bf%, then it's cool too.

I don't know why I'm even writing this. The people for whom it's relevant will ignore it.
>>
>>35088284

Go back to tumblr with your silly memes.
>>
>>35088284
You're right crash dieting never jump started a lifestyle change.

>fast weight loss can never lead to anything but fast weight gain.
>>
>>35087851
The bigger deficit the more muscle mass you will lose. But retards exaggerate the amount lost.

My TDEE is 3300 at 88kg. Last time I cut I did a 1100-deficit, reducing the dificit with 150-200kcal pr week, works great as long as you get 2-2.5g protein pr kg
>>
Does yhcl work without cardio, but still fasted? Also is it as effective in the higher body fat percentages or better left for the last few weeks at the bottom of a cut.
>>
>>35088337
You don't agree with my post?
>>
>>35088010
Go out tonight.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.