[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Running is so hard. How do you guys do it? Should I be walking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1435465673602.webm (2 MB, 608x1080) Image search: [Google]
1435465673602.webm
2 MB, 608x1080
Running is so hard.

How do you guys do it? Should I be walking more first?

I'm 300lbs of man. I can jiggle jog for like 5 minutes before dying. I've lost a fair amount from dieting, but running isn't getting easier.

how do I keep going
The mind is willing but the body is dying.
>>
>>35087248
Walk until you're around 190lbs then run. Good luck
>>
>>35087248
>300lbs of man
Be careful you could fuck up your knees running.Lift weights then as you become a healthier weight you'll bea able to run withought messing your shit up.Since your fat as fuck you might even start with alright lifts.Though do realize 3 plate squat is not impressive when you way more than it.
>>
You're going to absolutely destroy your knees, just stop and go use an elliptical trainer or diet some more
>>
>>35087248
I'd start out with walking to get longer time exercising.
Maybe walk until you can walk 10k and then start slowly running during your walks and work up to actual running
>>
>>35087248

To lose weight you definitely do not need cardio, if you find it grueling and horrible right now try dieting down to 200lbs or so then attempting again.

All you need to do is count your calories to 2500 or so each day and slowly reduce that number if you notice the scales stop moving

Ta daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
File: walk.png (6 KB, 400x129) Image search: [Google]
walk.png
6 KB, 400x129
>>35087269
>>35087285
Man, I'm losing 1-2lbs a week dieting and it isn't bad. I'm down from 360 and I'm not starving myself. I just want to do cardio though.

But I'm afraid of this
>>35087276
>>35087270
Destroying my body. I used to be in good shape a few years ago, had many years of lifting/cardio under my belt. It's easy getting back in to the workout by my endurance is shit.

>>35087283
I think I already CAN walk 10k, the problem is the 2-3 hours it takes gets pretty boring. I was fine after this for example. Pretty sweaty even though it was 35 degrees out but not winded or in pain.

But the moment I try that jiggle jog I begin dying.
>>
>>35087316
>troying my body. I used to be in good shape a few years ago, had many years of lifting/cardio under my belt. It's easy getting back in to the workout by my endurance is shit.
I just meant at your weight you can seriously damage your knees.Please lookinto alternative methods such as biking /swimming.Google it if you think I'm messing with you.
>if you haven't already cut out all soda theres shit tonnes of calories there
>beer has a lot aswell but just don't binge/drink too much and you should be fine
>>
>>35087345
I only drink unsweetened tea and water. And milk, I don't give a fuck but I'm not cutting milk.

Booze is a problem though. It's always vodka+mixer of whatever. I go for diet mixers or low calorie/sugar mixers but it's still a problem.

Only problem with biking/swimming is the cost. I have a big pool but it's fucking winter. Biking is good fun, I love it, but tires always pop for me.
>>
>>35087248
Got I love this webm
>>
File: 1409878763730.webm (3 MB, 660x370) Image search: [Google]
1409878763730.webm
3 MB, 660x370
>>35087364
It's pretty mesmerizing.
>>
>>35087361
>my diet is very healthy except for all the unhealthy shit.
Stop drinking your calories. Please, senpai. At 300 pounds you are dangerously overweight. You're at increased risk for developing heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. You're putting pressure on your joints and organs that will last on into old age.

Fucking please stop drinking, stop drinking milk, stop eating like shit, get to a normal weight. You're going to leave your mother without a son, your wife without a husband, just stop!
>>
>>35087399
>your wife without a husband

lol
>>
>>35087373
That's just creepy
>>
>Posting animu-shit

Never going to make it.
>>
>>35087399
>Stop drinking milk
No fuck off, I'll never stop drinking milk.

I've already lost 60lbs. At the rate I'm going even without working out I'll reach about 250lbs, then I just need to cut more calories.

I went from drinking booze every other day to drinking booze once or twice a week, then once a week, now I'm working on once every two weeks. Being an alcohol is suffering, I can't just cut it out completely or I'll relapse.

My parents are dead and I have no interest in relationships so it's OK if I die early. I'm only trying to get healthy so I can enjoy my hobbies longer.
>>
>>35087424
So kill yourself today, desu. The slow suicide of obesity is a torturous way to die compared to a 12ga in your mouth.
>>
>>35087449
But I'm losing weight.
>>
File: 1442901686646.jpg (14 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
1442901686646.jpg
14 KB, 251x201
>>35087248
swim for your cardio until you are a healthy weight.
sort that diet out.

also switch to hiit.
do circuit training instead of slogging those knees into next year already.
pick any normiee celeb workout
like "captain america's body in eight weeks"
or whatever the fuck.
do the workout, no rest between exercises, rest only at completing a round.

to progress
up the weight you use, up the reps, reduce the rest you take each round, add another round

go hard. lowest impact exercise possible. go harder. hydrate. go even harder.

enjoy that lactic pleasure!!!
>>
File: 1369640764340.gif (30 KB, 528x409) Image search: [Google]
1369640764340.gif
30 KB, 528x409
>>35087373
sauce now!
>>35087410
fag
>>
>>35087456
Your legs are getting used to your load so just keep going and dint injure yourself, try just standing up more in the day and moving faster in general daily chores, hve you tried drinking more green tea and doing lazy form calisthenics? Cos I know some fat cunts who lost weight just doing that
>>
>>35087489
I'll swim when it gets warmer out.

I'll have to find something I can just use a mat and dumbbells with because I don't want to pay for a gym.

>>35087494
I'm not a huge fan of green tea. I need to look in to calisthenics though.
>>
Lift weights
Eat less.

Stop doing steady state cardio.
>>
>>35088088
But that requires a gym membership and being around other people.
>>
>>35087489
>I'll swim when it gets warmer out.
nice excuse you fat piece of shit.
Go swim 30 minutes 3 days a week,save up 200 dollars to buy a neoprene suit for january to march,since the water will be colder.
>>
>>35088162
>lifting weights requires a gym membership
the excuses people make..
>>
>>35088162
what are push ups?

also walk fast for as long as you can.. i wouldn't job/run till you are down to 250 or so.. you are putting a lot of strain on your knees etc especially if you are heel striking.
>>
>>35088237
>what are push ups?
he is too fat to do pushups
he can use dumbbells and a resistance band.
a dumbbell costs 10 dollars and some weights for it will cost 40.thats 50 dollars.
A resistance band will cost 10.
with 60 dollars he can work all his muscle groups.
>>
>>35088192
>>35088203
I don't want to spend money on this shit till I'm in better shape. So in a few months at least.

I have a pool but fuck that it's literally freezing out.

>>35088237
>Push ups
>Lifting weights
Alright I'll stick to walking/fast walking.

>>35088254
I can do pushups.
Just not a lot.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.