[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /fit/. Guy here with bulimia nervosa. I wondered if any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Hey, /fit/. Guy here with bulimia nervosa.

I wondered if any of you have ever known what it's like to have this too and if/how you were able to rid yourselves of it for good. I've been trying really bad to let go of the urges. I've tried diets like keto to regulate what I take in but 2 weeks after every restart it gives in again Running when I feel it, other exercises. I've been taking these psyllium husk things before meals to feel fuller and other tricks but the urge is incessantly underlying. It's okay if you use this as a springboard for mockery. That's why I asked fit instead of some people who will go easy on the reality of the situation. I really really need help because this habit is fucking with me so hard and I can't deal with much longer.
>>
Did it for about a month in high school. Pretty sure it doesn't help with losing weight. Anyway I realized I was being a bitch and a literal faggot so I stopped. Plus I like my teeth
>>
>>35086176
I guess I should start by asking if you've ever gotten professional help.
>>
Count calories. This will give you the confidence of knowing you are eating the scientifically proven correct amount of food, and you will learn what a healthy amount of food looks like.
>>
>>35086234
This.
>>
>>35086234
No. Like therapy or a retreat? I've always been skeptical because from what I've seen all they do there is feed you that sugary Ensure crap and weigh ins and occasionally you're expected to cry about unrelated personal bulletin that doesn't pinpoint the physical cause for the disorder in the first place.
>>
Stop trying to fight it - you're going against a wall.

Realize that it's a mental disorder and instead of trying to break through it by stopping suddenly, try getting past it.

Question everything - why you're doing it, why you feel pressure to stop, etc. Once you take the pressure away from stopping it becomes less of a burden and easier to stop but if you frame it in your mind like this giant issue that's taking over your life that's exactly what will happen.

Just relax and stop putting pressure on yourself to go one way or the other.
>>
Not all "help", to use as broad a term as possible, is created equal. Scope out some of the local options, see what there is in your area. Go online, make a few anonymous calls, maybe go in and get a consultation if you're comfortable with that. See what other people who have used the services have to say. More generally than that, read forum posts of people who have recovered and what they have to say about it (kinda like what you're doing now). There's no magic bullet, really. Just find something that works for you, swallow your pride as best you can and try to be diligent and prudent about it.
>>
>>35086315
good advice
>>
File: Diet not l_NewImage.png (331 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
Diet not l_NewImage.png
331 KB, 500x348
>>35086295
This retarded /fit logic
>I don't need a proper trainer, I can read it online
>I don't need a nutritionist, I can read it online
>I don't need a psychologist, I can read it online
>I don't need a surgeon, I can bypass my heart from what I've read in the sticky

You people deserve all the shit there is to come
>>
>>35086330
>>35086315
Thank you very much. This helped.

>>35086379
Thank you as well.
>>
>>35086337

Thanks m8

OP, you exist in a society that imposes social norms on you that are really destructive; anything that goes against them labels you as a degenerate and more importantly makes you feel 'wrong' on the inside. You're told to be a certain weight, you're told that you shouldn't vomit your food out, you're told that you shouldn't be having this much trouble not doing something thats destructive, and 100 other things. Just step back and realize that all of these constraints and norms you take for granted don't really exist - if you go against them nothing actually happens, you're not more or less a failure.

Stop being bound by these norms that put pressure on you, and once that pressure is taken off and you realize that acting in whatever way you want is acceptable, stopping will become much easier.

You could drop everything right now and spend the rest of your life sucking dick in an alleyway - nothing happens, the world isn't going to end. Once you accept that and stop existing in this life where you're forced to act a certain way everything becomes much easier.

I dont know how to phrase but you need to get to a place where you're doing or not doing something not because you feel pressure to act that way but because you want to do it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.