[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just blew all my money on a power cage, plates and a bar.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 200x200
I just blew all my money on a power cage, plates and a bar.

What should I get for a bench and where? I'd like to keep it under $150 if possible. Can you use an adjustable bench to bench press on without it breaking?
>>
i would be careful with benches. my brother has a bench that's all wobbly and shit and it's just plain uncomfortable to bench on. don't cheap out.
>>
>>35085489
Noted. Thank you.
>>
Benches are the worst man. Youre gonna need to drop like 400-500 for a really good one.
>>
>>35085460
If you've got a power cage buy a flat bench like your picture shows.
Adjustable is a waste of time and money

Incline bench does jack shit
>>
>>35085460
I've heard good things about the adidas bench, and if I remember correctly it costs right around $150
But check craigslist first in any case.
>>
>>35085460
buy shit second hand m8

also if you're that strapped for cash you couldn't just bought a rack instead of a cage
>>
>>35085460
top companies like Rogue and Elitefts are out of the question (their adjustable benches cost around ~500)
but if you're willing to go flat-only, you can find their "utility" benches for ~170 (ppl usually say they're heavy duty as fuck, but there is no incline/decline option)

companies like bowflex are shitty by default (i'd avoid anything they make)

midrange-tier companies like Bodysolid, Powertec price their adjustable benches at 300-350
(you can wait for one to pop up on CL and get if for ~150-200)

last option is to find a good welder (this is a hassle, but if you know someone who is really good, it will cost you 2x cheaper than buying new)

here is thread from bb.com equipment forums
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166541051
read it

and for the love of god don't buy things that your life could depend on fom walmart
>>
File: columbo chest.jpg (36 KB, 336x343) Image search: [Google]
columbo chest.jpg
36 KB, 336x343
>>35085779
>Incline bench does jack shit
post chest.

literally 100% of people i have met irl with aesthetic chest say incline is the most important chest exercise you can do.

also greg o gallagher says this, and he looks pretty j00cy.

i mean i can understand not wanting a chest looking like pic related... but as long as you do some dips from time to time that doesn't seem to be a concern...
>>
>>35085460
Get a fixed bench OP
Quality adjustable benches that won't break and kill you start at ~400
>>
Thanks to everyone for the insight. I just might weld my own.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.