[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
raw eggs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
What's the risk? I want to include this as part of my shake

>I love the taste
>I love the convenience

Salmonella?
>>
not a problem.
been throwing a raw egg in my shakes for 10 years now. Gives a nice creamy texture to the whole shake
>>
>>35082929
It's the same thing as the "wash your hands constantly argument"

Your hands are just as dirty again the second you touch a doorknob or anything.

Increased exposure to germs does not make you sick, germs are all around you constantly.

Only when your immune system is compromised in some way, do those bacteria have a chance to make you sick. (none of this applies to virus's, but those are usually airborn, or fluid transfered(std), so not much you can do about that.)

Your eggs are only as much of a risk as your immune systems current functioning at the time of consumption.,
>>
>>35082929
Inhibits vitamin D adsorption or some shit and the proteins are only half bio available also it has the texture of dino semen

just scramble them
>>
Raw eggs are perfectly safe if you get the organic/cage free ones. Regular ones are most likely safe but there's a small possibility of infection.
>>
>>35083535
Why the fuck would this make a difference
>>
>>35082929
Get pasteurized eggs, you can drink them as is. Use them all the time for them gains.
>>
>>35082929
The odds of getting salmonella from raw eggs are so amazingly low. Eating the shittiest factory farmed eggs increases that probability tho
>>
>>35083635
Egg farms have stacks of chickens shitting all over each other. Cage free, free roaming chickens don't do this.
>>
>>35082929
Any salmonella is on the shell, as long as the eggs are in date. Wash shell, wash hands, break shell, wash hands, eat egg, keep eggs in fridge as any salmonella on the shells will reproduce more slowly at low temperatures. I have one in every shake, I have a few each week.
>>
>>35082929

1.2 eggs per 10,000.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2010/8/24/why-eggs-became-a-salmonella-hazard/egg-quality-assurance-programs

Salmonella can infect the inside of eggs. Washing them does not remove the risk. Only cooking does. If you contract it, you will probably be very sick for 4-7 days, but not at any risk of death, unless your immune system is very poor (elderly, etc).
>>
Safe, yes. Is the protein as bioavailable as when cooked, no.
>>
>>35085334

Just to add, your odds of actually becoming sick are much lower than this given the infection has to 'take'. The 1.2 per 10k is just the odds that a given egg has a possibility to transmit to you.

Restaurants are cautious because they often prepare large batches that might be out in the open for long periods of time. While legal it's riskier than normal, and they don't want to be sued for poor handling.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.