[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would Keto + PPL be the best thing a 25% bodyfat natural lifter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (346 KB, 599x593) Image search: [Google]
image.png
346 KB, 599x593
Would Keto + PPL be the best thing a 25% bodyfat natural lifter who has been lifting for 3+ years? My body doesn't seem to react well to the IIFYM style of dieting even when I'm tracking every gram of protein carbs and fats. I know flexible dieting seems to work for a lot of you guys but I don't think my body likes it when I consume any junk regardless of if it fits my macros and I've got all my protein in.

I've given it enough time. I've been doing flexible dieting the entire time I've been lifting and it just hasn't worked for me in terms of getting lean.

I understand the whole calories in vs calories out and I've thought that way for my entire life but now I'm starting to think the guru fags claiming Keto to be god mode just might be right (at least for someone like me whose body doesn't respond well to even small amounts of refined sugars even when in small dosages being fit into overall macronutrient goals)

>inb4 50 replies of I don't know what I'm talking about its cals In vs cals out end of story nothing else is possible
>>
>>35082366
What happened to her face? She looks so ugly here.
>>
>>35082857
What the fuck are you on about? That is by far the best picture of Taylor I've ever seen in my life. Her face is so fucking cute it's killing my inside and breaking my heart that I'll never have a partner like that to experience life with.
>>
>>35082366
>My body doesn't seem to react well to the IIFYM style of dieting even when I'm tracking every gram of protein carbs and fats.

What do you mean by this, friend?
>>
Learn the fundamentals of Keto, then learn the fundamentals of carb cycling.

Then read about carb back-loading
>>
>>35082876
His macro ratios are probably off, resulting in

http://www.elitefts.com/education/nutrition/logic-does-not-apply-iii-a-calorie-is-a-calorie/
>>
>>35082875
Her jaw is weird and her face looks so puffy. And her hair looks like a wig, like it's taped on her head or something.
>>
>>35082889
You're autistic bro. Shes literally incredibly attractive in that photo. I think you have a serious mental disorder.
>>
>>35082909
Any therapies you recommend? Maybe after being healed I will stop seeing her face as so fucking fat.
>>
>>35082920
Wot the fok did ye just say 2 me m8? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked ova 300 chocolate globbernaughts frum tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin' & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil bellend w/ a fit mum & fakebling. ill waste u and smash a fokin bottle oer yer head bruv, i swer 2 christ. ya think u can fokin run ya gabber at me whilst sittin on yer arse behind a lil screen? think again wanka. im callin me homeboys rite now preparin for a proper scrap. A roomble thatll make ur nan sore jus hearin about it. yer a waste bruv. me crew be all over tha place & ill beat ya to a proper fokin pulp with me fists wanka. if i aint satisfied w/ that ill borrow me m8s cricket paddle & see if that gets u the fok out o' newcastle ya daft kunt. if ye had seen this bloody fokin mess commin ye might a' kept ya gabber from runnin. but it seems yea stupid lil twat, innit? ima shite fury & ull drown in it m8. ur ina proper mess knob
>>
>>35082941
I can't even understand half the shit you're saying. Calm down Westie, it's ok. Let it go.
>>
>>35082886
>The idea that a calorie is a calorie actually violates the laws of physics

kek, stop posting fatlogic shit here
>>
Keto doesn't offer any metabolic advantage over your standard caloric deficit.

It's just nice due to increased satiety, at the expense of being far less flexible when it comes to food.
>>
>>35082366
Have you tried different ratios of carb/Fat/protein? My friend looks best when he's cutting on high protein, medium fat, medium carb carb. I look best when cutting on high protein, high carb, low fat
>>
>>35082366
Follow this formula:

Are you losing weight?

Yes: great!

No: reduce 200 calories and go back to beginning

Repeat until results

Dumb faggot
>>
>>35082886

People trying to argue this perspective gives me literal pain.

Yes, calories will be absorbed at different rates & at different costs in metabolism.

No, these miniscule variations are not worth the time and effort to calculate.

No, even if we wanted to we couldn't come close to accurately measuring the tiny itty bitty variations between individual digestive systems.

No, this is not going to impact your weight loss realistically at all.

Stick to the basics, don't put yourself in over your head by trying to absorb this shit.

This is why information needs to be controlled.

You someone clued in about the inefficiency of de novo lipogenesis & how a few case studies have shown overconsumption of carbs -- when dietary fat is controlled -- shows no fat gain even with net calories approach a 1k surplus.

An obese idiot will take to mean: hurr durr dat means i can eat da cookies and bagels and .. well maybe some ice cream .. that's not much fat right? hehehehe :D

STICK - TO - BASICS.
>>
>>35083045
All it's saying is that different macro ratios will indeed affect the body differently.

>No, even if we wanted to we couldn't come close to accurately measuring the tiny itty bitty variations between individual digestive systems.

You mean figuring out how 3 different types of food are metabolized in the body, yes we have figured that out.
>>
File: unsheathes.gif (408 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
unsheathes.gif
408 KB, 500x373
>>35082857
Insult Taylor Swift again... I fucking dare you...
>>
>>35082966
I'm gonna listen to the quantum physicist turned nutritionist, over some random anon on 4chan. Sorry man.
>>
>>35083068

Digestion of different macros @ different times w/ different people w/ dynamic intestinal flora.

Yeah, good luck with that sweety.
>>
>>35083087
She is...ugly?
>>
>>35082992
this is false, many studies showing weight loss difference in 0 carb diets.

Insulin affects weight loss.
>>
>>35083109
more specifically insulin affects FAT loss.
>>
>>35083109
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/ketogenic-low-carbohydrate-diets-have-no-metabolic-advantage-over-nonketogenic-low-carbohydrate-diets-research-review.html/
>>
>>35082886
Been posting that article forever, great info.
>>35082966
huur thats fat logic, he says about justin harris, the guy who does nutrition(and quantum physics) for some of the most elite strength athletes in the world
>>
>>35083045
I have so many mixed feelings about this post.
You are right, that's why I tell people calories in cals out is "in general" true, and as you said, for the average person, it is all that matters. But saying that these differences is "minuscule" is a bit of an over statement, it could range up to a couple hundred cals, which is pretty significant, plus understanding that metabolism is malleable is very useful for things like purposeful adaptation, reverse dieting etc.
>>
>>35084040
>20 people
>6 weeks

How many articles will I need to post till you realize that study is shit.

http://www.jpeds.com/article/S0022-3476(02)40206-5/abstract?cc=y=

this one used 30 people and 12 weeks. Bring your next article to the table that has better sample size/time.

I promise you will run out of controlled studies before me.
>>
>>35083068
Nah, we really havnt man.
We use the Atwater system which simply tells us the amount of total energy, that isnt the same thing as energy metabolized in the body.
>>
>>35084095
You havn't even read the study you mong.
I'm gonna laugh when you read it and actually look at the different diet protocols.
Classic /fit/ posting an abstract as if that proves anything. An abstract is just an authors opinion on data.
>>
>>35084099
He even has references in the article pertaining to studies that answer what you just said we don't know.

It's 2015 man, don't know the last time you looked into this stuff. We know exactly how much energy is metabolized from fat/carb/prot. He even talks about how Fat can actually be up to 11 calories per gram depending on how the body deals with it, and there is a site to the source in the statement.
>>
>>35083045
>No, these miniscule variations
Fat going from 9 calories to 11 calories a gram is not a minuscule variation.

They have been calculated.
>>
>>35084113
No he doesn't. I have read the studies, they actually prove my point.
They show variation in rates, which obviously makes sense when you think about how many processes inform metabolism and the role things like genetics or gene expression play.
We have figured out that we don't exactly know person to person, that's what all those references say.

You also have to understand that even the way that they are measuring calories in all his references(it's the standard in nutrition lit now) is indirect either through gibbs free energy but most likely using a respiratory calorimeter, again that's actually an indirect means of measuring it. We know that there is a range, within situations and within people, but that's it.
>>
>>35084187
>We have figured out that we don't exactly know person to person,
We are not talking about individual people. The entire discussion is.

Fats varying degrees of caloric value
Carbs varying degrees of caloric value
Proteins varying degrees of caloric value.

This applies to everyone, regardless of their genes.
>>
>>35084112
>They show variation in rates, which obviously makes sense when you think about how many processes inform metabolism a

You realize the whole reason KETO exists is BECAUSE of studies proving it's effectiveness right?
>>
>>35082992
https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/wfl1p/list_of_studies_supporting_lowcarb_for_the/

Hate to link reddit, don't want to spend time on this nonsense though, but there's a ton of articles for you. You can't pretend like low-carb diet's haven't been proven more effective brah
>>
>>35084248
What are you talking about? if you arent talking about individual people, then it isn't useful, it has no application.
You cannot say that you know how many calories my body will get out of carbs/fats/protein, that is a fact.
We do not know that information. All that you have posted, an article which i've known about since it was posted and clearly understand better than you with references i have actually read, shows precisely what I am saying, that we have evidence of variation of actual absorption and utilization, and not just pure atwater calculations.
Harris and all of those authors would agree with me, you are misunderstanding what he is saying.
>>
>>35084258
No it doesn't.
It works, sure whatever, do it i dont give a fuck, but it isnt more effective than a normal sports diet.
Sure, all the pro keto studies that compare keto to regular low protein diets and then say huuur look how good keto is(which is what you would have found if you actually read that fucking study you posted), all those studies say it's great but you wont find a single study that actually compares keto to a high carb diets with isogenic protein levels and calories.
>>
File: katana.jpg (3 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
katana.jpg
3 KB, 300x168
>>35083095
You asked for it...
>*unsheathes katana*
>Hmph, you're almost not worth it...
>*teleports behind you, cutting you in half*
>heh...nothing personnel...kid...
>>
>>35084281
This is what I want you to do OK, because I'm looking at this link and I can see tons of studies I recognize.
I want you to randomly go through that link, and actually read the studies.
When you read them, I want you to go the methodology section, I want you to take out a calculator and start calculating the macros, youll most prob have to convert from kilojoules to cals, you can do that online.
Do that and come back to me, you will notice a theme in every pro low CH study.
>>
File: m4a1.jpg (28 KB, 800x264) Image search: [Google]
m4a1.jpg
28 KB, 800x264
>>35084340
GL
>>
>>35084360
What part of *teleports behind you* do you not understand?
>>
>>35084095
>failing to normalize either protein intake or activity level
>results have absolutely nothing to do with Keto
>>
>>35084314
>>35084281
>>35084343
Honestly this guy didnt even choose the good pro keto studies, theres this hilarious one https://www.academia.edu/1826754/Ketogenic_diet_does_not_affect_strength_performance_in_elite_artistic_gymnasts that some idiot like you would think is amazing because you dont actually read studies.
All the studies that reddit idiot posted are studies which dont even compare keto or atkins to a control, and most of them are in overweight or non training populations and arent isocaloric.
No shit, high fat increases satiety, if you take a fat fuck and put them on keto, they will lose more weight then a fat fuck who tries to diet stupidly without tracking.
You need to actaully read the shit, don't just skim an abstract.
Don't be a zealout, keto is fine, whatever I could give a fuck if you do it, it could totally work for you. I have a body who looks fucking awesome on keto, he handles it really well, but when you say huur keto has been proven to work you are talking shit.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.