[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FIT WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME? Been bulking for three months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: NktXCTE.jpg (182 KB, 994x658) Image search: [Google]
NktXCTE.jpg
182 KB, 994x658
FIT WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME? Been bulking for three months at 2700 calories, clean bulk consisting of a lot of rice, chicken, and protein shakes. I'm 5'10". I have made decent gains but my lifts just aren't progressing anymore, I cant even fucking bench one plate and can barely squat a plate. And I've just gotten fucking fat, i look like absolute shit, i went from skinny 138 to skinnyfat 154 with love handles and a stomach. I hit my diet goals eevry day and lift 5 days a week. What the fuck is the deal? I want to be able to lift as much as even an average guy but I haven't even gotten there, but I cant keep bulking if it means I'm just going to be a fat fuck. I went to the doctors and my T levels are fine. My motivation is completely gone, like 100% all i want to do is lose this weight now. Fuck this.
>>
Do some cardio you fat retard
>>
2700 calories is a bulk...?

Hello skeleton.
>>
>>35081759
What did your lifts start at?

Maybe try dropping down to 2200 or 2400 calories. Seems like you're eating well above TDEE if you put on that much weight that fast.
>>
I'm 5'9 and bulk on 3,400 calories just to gain 2lbs a month. You don't seem very active, OP.
Sounds like you are eating too much, aim to gain a kilo a month. Also don't neglect cardio. You don't need cardio for weight loss necessarily but you DO need it for fat loss (look up Lyle mcdonald)
>>
>>35081759
wtf athletes

Getting wrecked by Clinton, Bush, and even Sotomayor
>>
>>35082141
Lifts started at 45/60/95 (ohp/bench/squat) been stalled at 70/105/130 for weeks and I'm just looking like shit. Always hit protein and cal goal. Feel like giving up
>>
>>35082135

Guess so but I'm 154 and look like a skinny fat pos
>>
So what the fuck do I do? Add cardio and eat less? Who the fuck bulks at 2200/2300? Is my metabolism that retarded?
>>
>>35082174
Michael Jordan is a lanky ass motherfucker.
>>
>>35081759
Routine?
>>
>>35082488
Essentially PPL with focus on compounds ABCxxABC
>>
>>35082141
Eat more
>>
>>35082575
I'm just getting fat that's the last thing I want to do
>>
>>35081759
2700cal isnt much, thats what I started my bulk at too and I stalled quick. Im now on 3200cal/day making steady strength & mass gains
>>
>>35082632
But the issue is how shitty I look, I've put so much weight on my hips/stomach
>>
>>35082573
I'd try a full body three times a week routine if I were you.
>>
>>35082646
Well I thought the same, that I was getting fat already on 2700 so id get american hueg with +500, but it aint be what it is. no stalling => fast progress as a beginner => quickly get to heavy ass weights => taxing workouts that use the calories = biggaines and not that much of it is fat
>>
>>35082751
Ahy specific reason
>>
>>35082788
Sometimes simpler is easier and you've already tried high frequency specific movement focused, so why not try something else? Full body three times a week with linear progression has done wonders for many beginners.
>>
>>35082804
Sometimes simpler is better I mean.
>>
Progressive overloooad

Just add 5 pounds to every set that you do when you workout.
Next week start off with 5 pounds heavier than normal

Ex.
Week 1: 135 for a warm up.
Set 2: 140, set 3: 145

Week 2: 140 for a warmup
Set 2: 145, set 3: 150
>>
>>35082141
It happens to me sometimes where I can progress each lift individually, but if I try to progress all of them I shit out at the end of each set. Maybe try deloading everything by 10lbs and trying to break plateaus one at a time over a few weeks.

Also, be honest with yourself. Higher numbers don't mean anything if your form sucks or you're not hitting goals. Moving up too fast can mess you up.
>>
Do this op, while paying very strict attention to form and giving max effort each time.

Monday
Bench/OHP 5x5
Squat 3x5
Chins/rows 3xf/5x5

Wednesday
Bench/OHP 5x5
Squat 3x5
Pullups/deadlift 3xf/1x5

Friday
Squat 3x5
Bench/OHP 5x5
Chins/rows 3xf/5x5

Add 1 single kg each time to your bench and ohp sessions if you completed the previous one, which you will if you actually eat. Make sure youre having plenty of carbs and dont have retarded macros. Replace rows with another (good) back exercise if your prefer. Keep eating, maybe even eat more if you aren't a supermanlet. Do only this strictly for two or 3 weeks and then add accesories that don't impact your recovery. Your lifts will shoot up, I promise.
>>
>>35083163
thabks anon
>>
>>35083250
No problem. Remember to alternate the bench and ohp. So, bxoxbxx oxbxoxx. Buy microplates to make the 1kg increase if you have to. Once completing the 5x5 becomes obnoxiously difficult, switch to 3x5 and ride that hopefully a little further. You'll know what to do next by then. Remember perfect form (as good as you realistically make it, some breakdown is expected) + slow but relentless increase in weight (volume) + food = gains, both muscular and strength wise.
>>
>>35082785
>>35082632

b R e H S

Will I ever get a high test blackbird gf?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.