[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Try being objective. I'm not trying to push any sort of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: food8.png (301 KB, 940x1619) Image search: [Google]
food8.png
301 KB, 940x1619
Try being objective. I'm not trying to push any sort of agenda.

Do I need to eat meat whatsoever, and why if so?

My primary protein sources are whey and egg whites. I take well-reviewed multis that contain B12 in addition to Almond Milk with B12.
>>
>egg whites
>>
>>35081205
>egg whites
>multivitamins
you'll never make it
>>
Why not drink real milk?
>>
>>35081355
>>35081380
How'd I know people wouldn't even try being objective?

>>35081404
Irrelevant. Do you have an answer as to why I need meat?
>>
Synthetic b12 is inferior, but it's not like you'll die.
>>
>>35081205
there're some things you should take supplements for if you don't eat meat. protein's the obvious one, but something like creatine, which one study showed vegetarians have lower stores of than non-veggies.
>>
>>35081205
>My primary protein sources are whey and egg whites.

Check the amino profiles
>>
>>35081404
Because its liquid estrogen
>>
>>35081506
Yeah, I accept a whole food source would be better than synthetic, but I'm guessing the difference in the impact on my overall health is negligible.

>>35081545
I've checked. I only buy quality products. I always run it by labdoor.com, consumerlabs, etc. so it all checks out.

>>35081528
Doesn't strike me as necessary. Maybe on the basis of how I feel/if I want to optimize, but yeah.
>>
>>35081472
Do yourself a favor and look at the multi vitamin studies. A 10 year long study found them a complete waste of money as there was zero difference in health risks for the placebo group, the control group, and the testing group.
>>
>>35081205
Obviously you don't NEED meat. There are millions of vegetarians out there not dying at this very moment.
>>
>>35081596
Be that as it may, if I'm getting non-meat sources of B12, it's safe to say I don't need meat, right? My blood tests always come back superbly. It wasn't even close to deficient.

>>35081614
I mean, I could rephrase it to "Is meat needed in order to avoid health complications at any stage of one's life?" or something like that. Context.

The answer to that appears to be no. I'm just inviting any criticism of a primarily vegetarian diet with a few supplements from a strictly health standpoint.
>>
>>35081689
I developed a disease a year or so ago, and to help me cure myself of it I looked up what I could eat which might help.
>first nutrient which is correlated with recovery
>only found in high quantities in meat
>second nutrient which is correlated with recovery
>only found in high quantities in meat
so I assume I wouldn't even have this condition now if I'd eaten meat in the first place (I went without it entirely for years).
>>
>>35081205
The only time you should be eating meats is if there is no organic form of the vitamin/mineral in a vegetarian/vegan diet.
Or
If the abundance of the vegan diets food would be considered sickening to eat to obtain adequate nutrition of said vitamin/mineral.

I have multiple vegan friends, had this argument hundreds of times.
A lot of them have heart conditions or high blood pressure, synthetic sources of vitamins are not absorbed as easily.
>certain b vitamins for instance.
You can eat tofu all fucking day long, if it has synthetic b vitamins in it... you are wasting your time.
A single portion of lean beef covers most b vitamins, will not take you over your calorie count or omega 6-9 fat intake for the day.
You are more likely to absorb 40-50% of the lean beef b vitamins, while less than 10% of the synthetic tofu vitamins they put in there.

I'm a strong supporter of a Mediterranean diet, which generally does not eat a lot of beef/pork/chicken unless you are doing a heavy lifting day where you would need an excess of b vitamins.
>>
>>35081739

Wow, thanks for that extremely unspecific anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>35081739
Okay, so a lack of meat didn't cause the disease/complication. You used it to aid yourself after you developed a disease.

>>35081905
You've explained your POV very well. I have to zoom in on the synthetic and absorption part, though. Someone else touched on it too. If my tests are showing no deficiencies and my sources for something like B12 are deemed inferior, am I supposed to fix something that isn't broken or what? My blood tests can't be wrong. If those aren't wrong, doesn't it mean that my sources are sufficient? Or am I missing something here?
>>
>>35081205
try not eating meat for a month, see how fast your gains stop and how long it takes you to recover faggot
>>
>>35082066
You're not being objective.
>>
>>35082015
The honest truth
We don't know Anon, just like we won't know the long term outcome of the millions of other drugs tested on entire generations until they are old or until their children start showing defects.
Synthetic vitamins could be adequately gained and used efficiently throughout the body, much like a multivitamin does have some merit on nutrition.
However we don't know the long term effects of doing so, is it altering how your body digest foods?
Is it something that will cause you to suddenly seize up one day and all the malnutrition responds at once?
No clue friend.
I just know for a fact certain vegan diets do require incredible amounts of supplementing or there are consequences.
That much is fact.
>>
>>35081559
0/10
>>
>>35082015
I assume the cure would have prevented it but I don't know for sure.
>>
>>35081205
Nah you're probably fine if you're getting >100g per day. Don't understand why people don't eat egg yolks though, that's where all the vitamins and fats are.
>>
>>35081205
>Do I need to eat meat whatsoever, and why if so?

No

>My primary protein sources are whey and egg whites. I take well-reviewed multis that contain B12 in addition to Almond Milk with B12.

That's fine

I'm correct in thinking your diet isn't solely egg whites, whey and a multi?
>>
Where is tren in this graphic?
>>
>>35082088
Fair.

>>35082324
Thanks.

>>35082378
Correct.

---
Alright, thanks folks for being reasonable enough on the whole. That should cover it.
>>
>>35081205
>I'm not trying to push any sort of agenda
Yes you are, vegan fag.
>>
You don't need to lift either. Or have running water. Or own a vehicle.
>>
>>35082442
>Correct.
Your fine, now go lift faggot.
>>
>>35081205
>probiotics
>strong evidence
Into the trash it goes.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.