[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iromaster or Powerblock, thinking of buying one or the other.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: U-90-no-stand.jpg (105 KB, 400x270) Image search: [Google]
U-90-no-stand.jpg
105 KB, 400x270
Iromaster or Powerblock, thinking of buying one or the other.
>>
Also debating, I'm going to go ironmaster I think.
>>
>>35080412
the lazier part of me says that I will use powerblocks more because they are far lazier to use
>>
>>35080449
From what I've read, it's not that bad for iron masters. And because they feel like conventional dumbbells they're better to use. They're also much more durable apparently.
>>
File: For_what_purpose.jpg (25 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
For_what_purpose.jpg
25 KB, 323x454
Why not just use dumbells?
>>
>>35080518
I fucking hate going to the gym, i've had a home gym at my parents and used that all the time.
>>
What is that? A new instrument for Guitar Hero or something?
>>
>>35080523
Don't spend money on this bullshit. All you need is a barbell, power cage, and a bench.
>>
>>35080542
the majority of exercises I like to do involve dumbbells. Besides like squats and deadlifts.
>>
>>35080542
True. Except OHP makes my shoulder click. Might be form, but I've tried everything, dumbbells it doesn't happen.
>>
File: Dumbbell-Handle.jpg (114 KB, 786x814) Image search: [Google]
Dumbbell-Handle.jpg
114 KB, 786x814
>>35080578
>>35080625
Get one of these. They're dirt cheap and take 50mm/olympic barbell plates. I have a set with 25mm plates.
>>
>>35080695
It's probably better for me (unsure about other guy) since the only exercise I'd probably do with it would be shoulder press. I wouldn't be changing weights very often, and only having to do it once if I did.
>>
>>35080404

For a home gym, they could make a lot of sense.

My school gym has a Powerblock (as well as a bunch of full dumbell sets) & while they're neat, they don't make any god damned sense as only one person can use them at a time. But on a normal set of dumbells multiple people can work at once if they want different weights.

Still, $1,200 could get you a lot of other weights.
>>
>>35080751
I was thinking the ironmaster, goes from 5-75 pounds on each. Comes with a stand for 500
>>
>>35080711
It'll be a lot more expensive though.
>>
I have a pair of Powerblocks at home and love them. It makes switching weight for different exercises effortless. If you have the money to spare, get them. They can be a little pricey though, especially if you have already exceeded the 1st level of 50 lbs.
>>
People are so fucking silly.

You can do nearly everything with these, and a tricep+Olympic barbell.

Also I have fractional increment plates. Such as .75lb .5lb .25lb. You can't make those useful small increments with those.

They are simply the inferior choice.
>>
>>35080792
Honestly, since I'm building a home gym, I'm willing to put a good chunk of change into it as as long as I use it keeps paying for itself.
>>
File: olymypci dumbells.jpg (19 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
olymypci dumbells.jpg
19 KB, 450x450
>>35080796
Forgot pic
>>
>$600 for 90lbs dumbbell set
Could build a fucking homegym with dumbbells, power rack, barbell, bench and some weights
>>
this makes sense for me. i need a home gym but have a tiny pen...i mean apartment
>>
Found this for a complete dumbbell workout, any good?

http://www.mensfitness.com/training/build-muscle/dumbbell-workout
>>
>>35080983
It looks like shit.

Get a barbell and do Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strenght.
>>
>>35080404

How the hell do you do triceps extensions with that shit?
>>
>>35080807
>the bar cross
Is this for fighting muscle sucking gain vampires?
I-Is this a meme?
>>
>>35080404

wtf is this
how does it work
>>
>>35081118
http://www.powerblock.com/workouts/dumbbellexercizes.pdf?workout=1

The Powerblocks have two black padded bars on the bottom side that I find are great for holding to do extensions.
>>
>>35081555
put the clip on the weight you want and pull outwards.
>>
>>35080404
Got ironmaster with the extra weight addons. They are pretty fucking robust and feel like normal dumbbells. Changing weight is pretty quick.

Don't listen to these poorfags hating on expensive equipment. If you want a decent set of adjustable dumbbells and have the money for it just buy them and dont let a bunch of autismo neet faggots talk you out of it.
>>
>>35082645
how long does it take to change them usually?
>>
>>35082675
Maybe 20-30 seconds for all four sides
>>
>>35082719
oh not bad at all
>>
>>35082727
Yeah its alright. It can go faster if you're pulling off plates and can go slower if you're are adding alot of plates or adding plates and changing the screw.
>>
>>35081520
It's two Olympic dumbbells lying across each other, you fuckwit.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.