[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Staying asleep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 81knW2+ygEL._SX522_.jpg (52 KB, 522x360) Image search: [Google]
81knW2+ygEL._SX522_.jpg
52 KB, 522x360
Most nights I wake up after 4-5 hours of sleep. On days when I can sleep in, it will take me 2-3 hours to fall back to sleep.

This is regardless of whether or not I watch TV, look at my phone, drink, or most any other sleep killers. Sometimes I have to pee, sometimes I don't.

My bedroom is totally dark and quiet. I fall asleep very easily at first.

I bought some of this stuff to try out. Has anyone here used it?

Any other suggestions are welcome.
>>
>>35080361
Bump I guess.
>>
>>35080361
You.

I got melatonin pills from the doc. Worked nice. Need to resupply.
Doesn't knock you out like sleeping pills - sedatives - but makes you feel all relaxed and comfy. Like when you wake up and just lie there a minute.
>>
File: baldrian.jpg (131 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
baldrian.jpg
131 KB, 1000x1000
this stuff worked wonders for me, then again, I just had trouble falling asleep. Still, it's an over the counter, plant thing, so might as well try it, if you can find it, right?
>>
opiates.
>>
Go see doctor and get Trazadone. Shits cash for sleep.
>>
>>35080361
Usually i fall asleep for the entire night pretty easily, but ever since I moved, I've been getting shit sleep. Waking up several times, can't fall asleep, shifting constantly. I just smoke weed now, before bed. It lets me sleep the whole night, and I never wake up feeling groggy.
>>
File: Sugar and sleep.jpg (85 KB, 960x976) Image search: [Google]
Sugar and sleep.jpg
85 KB, 960x976
Eat something sugary an hour or two before going to bed.

Your brain consumes a lot of energy and when you haven't consumed anything for a long period(I.e. when you're sleeping) it will try to wake you up to get more. Consuming something with glucose in it before going to bed will satisfy the brain's energy needs until the morning and allow you to have longer and better quality sleep.

Pic related
>>
>>35082714

I'll look for that, thanks.

>>35082779

Not really into weed. Even low grade sativa makes me feel wonky the next day.

>>35082801

That's interesting. I usually eat something before bed but nothing sugary.
>>
Phenibut
>>
>>35083184
I use that stuff. It works but you have to try to go to bed too, it's not magic. Try to relax and focus on breathing. Have a calm mind and it will put you out easy
>>
>>35080361
I find binural beats to do the trick
>>
>>35080361
Zzzzziiinnnnnnccccc before bedtime.
> you're welcome
>>
>>35084556
I take zinc every day.
>>
I've been having the same problem. But I usually have to pee about 2-3 throughout the night, which affects my rem sleep and has been making me feel bleh lately. I normally take a zinc and magnesium supplement before bed. But that doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?
>>
File: 1448827057918.jpg (51 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
1448827057918.jpg
51 KB, 600x656
>>35084666
Take it before bed dingus
> satanic trips nice
>>
Don't use alcohol, pills, weed etc to sleep. This will interfere with your brain, making it hard to sleep sober and sleeping while influenced by drugs isn't as good as normal sleep.

1) Always go to bed and get out of bed at a certain time. E.g. 10pm and 7 am. Every single day, including weekends. NO NAPS EVER
2) Only sleep or try to in your bed. Or have sex, fapping doesn't count. If possible, your bed should be in a room reserved for sleeping.
3) No exercise or big meals 3 hours before sleep. Light work and meals no later than 2 hours before sleep.
4) If you have worries keeping you awake, deal with them whatever it takes. Preferably during the day.
5) Drink a lot of fluids late in the afternoon and not so much in the evening, because you'll need to get up to piss at night

If you do this, there is a 99% chance of sleeping well after a while
>>
>>35080361
Try earplugs and reading a book. Works for me and I never used to be abel to sleep 7 hours straight.
>>
>>35084556
Magnesium > zinc for sleep
>>
>>35085990
Earplugs are very distracting. I read before bed and then come in here to sleep.
>>
>>35084823
Should I snort it with some creatine?
>>
Look into doxylamine.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.