[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, I'm a newfag in this board, frequent on /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
Hey /fit/,
I'm a newfag in this board, frequent on /pol/ and /his/. Ever since I got mugged I am afraid of walking the streets at night. I've never been in a proper fight. I go to the gym on and off, but I'm not highly muscular. I'm tall and thin. The point is, I stand no chance in a fight and considered starting to learn a self defense style or martial art. I've heard krav maga is pretty good, what do you recommend?
>>
File: rippletoe.jpg (63 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
rippletoe.jpg
63 KB, 620x372
>>35080202
Do muay thai along with SS+GOMAD

also: >/pol/
That's why you got mugged lmao
>>
>>35080227
>also: >/pol/
>That's why you got mugged lmao
The opposite actually, I got mugged by non-whites so I became a /pol/ack
>>
File: KANCHO2.gif (55 KB, 300x249) Image search: [Google]
KANCHO2.gif
55 KB, 300x249
>>35080202
Bare knuckle full contact karate ex. Kyokushin
>>
>>35080202
I recommend carrying a knife if you're that paranoid, you retard. You think our muscles can overpower blades and guns?
>>
>>35080339
Don't know how to use a knife either
>>
>>35080339
Don't use knives its been shown that it does more harm than good
>>
>>35080357
...How the fuck do you not know how to use a kinfe? You point the pointy end at the fucker and thrust forward.
>>35080395
Knife. Mace. Whatever.
>>
>>35080202
Move to a safer place desu
>>
>>35080202
krav maga is pretty good (if the instructor is good). things that will help you in a (brawl like) fight (if your opponent pulls a weapon, just run or do what he wants): the list is sorted by importance:
1) a general idea what to do/ how to throw a punch (from boxing, kickboxing, mma, krav maga)
2) being used to sparring situations/ getting punched
3) strength/ mass/size (being heavy is a huge advantage, even if its fat, as long as it is not too much fat)
4) "finer" techniques/knowledge: such as how to do ground fighting, kicks that are more elaborate then frontkicks, being good with your fists...)

how to aquire the above skills:
join a decent martial art (ie krav maga)
do sparring (either with the krav maga guys or kickboxing or boxing)
profit
>>
>>35080914
This guy got shot right.
It is firstly up to your physique. You will want to play up to your strenghts and avoid your weeknesses so: more grappling if you are short, more striking if you are tall, more wrestling if you are heavy.
Refardles of what martial art you do, as long as there are sparings and drills it will boost your confidence to have a few ready moves in case of confrontation. Often the confidence alone is enough to deter the attacker. Like really. Once I got 3 guys trying to pick up a fight who just walked away at me being calm.
So yeah dont be too stressed about picking the right one as your first. Give it a go and then build on it to your experiance.
>>
>>35080202
>Krav maga
>Practicing the martial jew

Hitler would be disappointed.
>>
>>35080914
>krav maga is pretty good
nobody uses it competitively because it's super shitty.

play to your body, grappling art (aikido, etc.) if you're short, striking art (boxing, etc.) if you're tall and/or massive.
>>
they did a 'study' where they went to a prison and showed videos to inmates and asked who was most likely to get mugged, and by walking confidently, it makes you significantly less likely to be mugged.
cant post sauce cause i dont know it and dont care to look it up, was told about it by a reputable source though so feel free not to believe me, idrc.
tl;dr dont walk like a fag is the best defense for mugging
>>
>>35081769
i second anon, I've seen it as well. more specifically, you can
>look confident
>walk at a steady, good pace (they were more likely to victimize people who looked confused or didn't know where they were going)
>take long strides
>don't look super rich
>>
>>35080202
Krab magoo is a meme that lets the jews fleece goyim with a victim complex.

The answer is boxing/muay thai + bjj/judo/wrestling
>>
>>35081741
>nobody uses it competitively because it's super shitty.
are you retarded?

>israeli special forces instructor enters ufc
>ends first fight by kicking the other guy in the balls full force
>gets disqualified
>next fight
>after a short stand up, the fight goes to the ground and his opponent gets the full mount on him
>krav maga guy punches him in the balls, and while the other guy is crippled by pain, he puts his fingernail in the other guys eyeball and forces him to surrender
>miraculously disqualified again
>3rd fight
>other guy slips and falls to the ground
>krav maga guy stomps on the head 28 times
>disqualified again

do you see that a system developed for the army might not work in a fighting ring?
>>
>>35081888
wait they dont use a cup but a ball kick is illegal?
>>
Learn judo and get pepper spray. If you dont have any self defense weapons training get some training spray cannisters so you can get confident using it on a threat. Have your buddies play the muggers/attackers and also have one of them test your pepper spray on you. You need to know it works and also what to expect in case the wind blows some back at you when you defend yourself with it.
>>
>>35081888
I think i saw a very similar post in a martial arts post this morning. It seems pretty fucking stupid. Do you think really believe an mma fighter wouldnt be able to do all the things the krav maga fighter does? The mma fighter is probably very skilled in kickboxing, why couldnt he kick the jew in the balls or "stomp on his head 28 times"? The mma fighter is probably a very skilled grappler as well, why couldnt he poke the jews eye or punch him in the balls while grappling?
>>
>>35080202
if you live in murica get a gun

if you dont live in murica get a gun illegally
>>
>>35082084
Because they'd get disqualified shit for brains.
He's saying they're trained to fucking seriously injure or kill you, but other "sports" they train you to play by a set of rules which could fuck you over in an actual street fight.
>>
>>35082084
all of the listed actions are not allowed in ufc/mma or any other sport (yes, even kicking someone when hes down and you are not is not allowed).

thats why you dont see krav maga in the ufc.
>>
>>35082113
This
>>
>>35081741

>nobody uses it competitively because it's super shitty

No uses it competitively because it's not a fucking glorified dance routine, it's about permanently crippling your opponent in the fastest way possible. It's the literal definition of "fighting dirty" – of course it's not going to be used in competition. How dumb are you?
>>
>>35082130
A soldier is far more likely to use whatever martial he was taught to nonlethally incapacitate or capture someone, we carry guns and work in groups for a reason you spazz.

I dont doubt there are some dangerous moves in the krav maga taught to israeli "special forces" (name?) but im sure quite a bit of it is a variation on the striking+grappling theme and can safely be used in the ring. If it were all nut shots, eye pokes, and stomping on heads it would be really incomplete and impossible to realistically train.

You know judo, bjj, sambo, and catch wrestling all have really dangerous moves too right? Some have even been banned from their respective sports since the risk of maiming and killing someone was too great.
>>
>>35082113
this
almost a decade of martial arts experience here, getting a gun is how you defend yourself

absolutely no martial art prepares you for a handful of negroids looking to culturally enrich you with a variety of weapons, a gun is your only realistic chance of defending yourself from all possible threats
>>
>>35082407
Pipebomb is more effective, tactically draw it from your black leather duster, light, and run at them.
>>
Oh boy, let me guess: you were raised by progressive parents and taught that all people are equal, but had almost no contact with black people. Now that you've been mugged, you're one of those clowns that hang out on /pol/ and talk about how you were never racist until you experienced (first hand!) what minorities are "really" like. Am I right?
>>
File: 1430868042715.gif (146 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
1430868042715.gif
146 KB, 300x167
>>35082576

mfw this comment entirely ends discussion, because it's the verbatim excuse that /pol/ uses to get out in front of racism accusations ("b-but I was raised right...")
>>
File: Teh_juggernaut.jpg (38 KB, 364x375) Image search: [Google]
Teh_juggernaut.jpg
38 KB, 364x375
>>35080202

>be me, move to sketchy neighborhood with street hookers and shit because low rent and broke
>work evenings and live 15mins away from gym, so walk to gym and train between midnight and 2am
>what used to happen sometimes is when getting back home, dude(s) in the streets would yell from a distance:
-Hey yo!
>me: stop walking, look at dude and start walking toward him, looking him in the eyes as I'm approaching and never breaking eye contact. 6'2 with my boots, 225lbs, really large shoulders + oversized hoodie = look even bigger
-Yes? Can I help you?
-hmm... hey do you know what time it is bro?
>take out phone from my pocket with no care at all
-yeah, it's 2:30 am
-oh! ok. Hey man got a cigarette?
>take out cigs and give him a cigarette
-t-thanks man!

Funny thing is weirdos don't approach me at night anymore. Funnier thing is people often try to avoid me or start walking faster when they see me. If I ever get mugged, I'll simply start carrying a knife
>>
>>35081888
Military combatives are worthless anon. Sorry to burst your bubble
>>
>>35085299

>smoking the cancer jew
>giving other people your overpriced arsenic sticks
>not just saying "i don't smoke" and walking on

beta
>>
>>35082407

Saigamarine pls, you've already gotten /k/ in trouble
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.