[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/ need some help. I'm a dyel who benchs 135 lbs,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: bench.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bench.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Sup /fit/ need some help.

I'm a dyel who benchs 135 lbs, lately I started notice my shoulders make a crack noise everytime I bench all the way down to my chest.

I read on the Internet that some people believe benching all the way down can fuck your shoulder so you should bench at 90 degrees only, so I started benching like this and realize my shoulders dont crack.

It's ok if I bench like this? or im going to get a visit from the gains goblin?
>>
>>35077421
Bump, i bench a lot heavier than you but my shoulders have started doing the same shit
>>
>>35077421
lrn2Retract the fucking scapula

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ5iCcKzg2Q
>>
A bench press should go all the way down to your chest. Try lowering the weight and angling your elbows a little closer to your sides than flaring outwards
>>
>>35077421
You're probably benching wrong. Post a vid. In general, popping/cracking isn't bad unless there's pain associated with it.
>>
>>35077421
Had the same problem. Shortening rom fixed it, but i realized i have tendency to do half reps. You need to have some point of reference to not to shorten it too much. 5cm pad laying on your chest should do the trick.
>>
take one of those rubber resistance bands, and, while holding it, put your arms over your head and behind you, and then back up and over. start with a wider grip, and work your way narrower. it's a great stretch/warmup that I do before any lift involving a push/pull movement
>>
>>35077421
Look up 'shoulder dislocations', OP, they work.
You can also do them with a broomstick >>35077581

Also retract your scapula >>35077492

And don't flare out your elbows (your upper arm should make closer to 45° with your body rather than 90°) >>35077502
>>
>>35077581
in addition to that, fix bench form. arch your back, engage your last/keep your shoulders back
>>
>>35077623
yeah, but I'm not really flexible enough to do them with a broomstick yet haha
>>
>>35077819
Just grab it with a wider grip, or longer broomstick
>>
>>35077421
Try to keep your upper back straight by arching your back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVBUgvsMNtk
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.