[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does marijuana kill gains? I've been an insomniac for 13
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2645x1982) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2645x1982
Does marijuana kill gains?

I've been an insomniac for 13 years. I moved to California a few months ago and finally got my medical card. I discovered a few strains that have helped me get the best night's sleep i can ever remember.

Does it effect my gains? I imagine its not as harmful as not sleeping 3 or 4 nights a week.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>35077359
MEMES
>>
WEED
>>
>>35077357
It doesn't do anything to your body. Weak willed faggots have motivation issues though. So yes, if you let it, it will hurt your gains.
>>
Switch to GHB.
>>
No. If you're going to do it before you sleep and not in the middle of the day, then it's fine. Just don't get lazy and don't fuck up your diet.
>>
>>35077357
>Does it effect my gains?
Assuming you dont have motivation problems and are able to control your munchies, no it shouldnt hurt your gains.
There are also few things more satisfying than smoking a bowl after a good lift.
>>
>>35077475
>>35077505
Good to hear this. I'm no pothead, just looking for a natty solution to sleep gains. I've heard people say that it interrupts normal sleep cycles, but its either that or no sleep.

>evening lift
>bowl
>delicious proton shake
>hot shower

Glorious
>>
>>35077527
Weed like all drugs effects people in different ways.

I cant smoke before I go to bed because I cant sleep high, I wanna do stuff and then i end up staying awake to long.
>>
Once i stopped taking weed and switched to HGH I made all my gains.
>>
>>35077527
Weed does interrupt REM sleep.
You should go to a doctor and find out if there is anything else that can help you sleep.
HOWEVER if the only thing are some dumb ass drugs then they will likely hurt your gains WAY more than weed ever will.
Just keep it minimal, like 0.2g AT MOST! Anything over that and your over stimulating your dopamine receptors and that will have bad long term effects, such as becoming dependent on weed.

also sorry about the english, not native hehe
>>
>>35077963
don't smoke sativa then
>>
>>35079027
I'd say weed is less harmful overall than any controlled substance prescribed for sleep problems. I imagine you've already tried melatonin and benadryl, and those are the only two sleep-aid pills I would endorse by any means. Heavy shit like benzos and old antidepressants to sleep will have far more negative side effects than smoking weed. Oh, I guess trazadone isn't that bad, but it sucks ass.
>>
Eat it, don't smoke it. You'll get the sleep without the high and therefore less habit forming.

It impacts your short term memory, but much less than sleeplessness which carries a number of serious health problems with it.

If you are prone to mental health issues you should avoid it. Not because it causes any of the disorders that anit-pot crusaders claim, but because it confounds those problems and it makes them more difficult to detect/treat. It also allows more zealots to make outlandish causal claims that really have no basis in reality.
>>
>>35077359
>>35077368

Shut the fuck up straight edge faggots
>>
>>35079157
>melatonin
works perfectly; if you don't fall asleep within an hour you will start laughing at everything as if you were a 14 year old again who stayed up too late on a friday night
>benadryl
I take these pretty often for my allergies so one pill won't make me drowsy anymore, but two pills will knock anyone out pretty quickly. Be aware that you'll be very groggy when you wake up if you took more than you're used to
>>
>>35079167
Don't listen to this retard.
Hurr durr eat it then u won't get the high. Shut the fuck up you retarded cunt and fuck off with your Weed Holyier than thou attitude.
>>
There's a recent study that proved weed fucks with your hormones on short term basis, something like a 60% increase in estrogen production if I remember correctly. There was some toleration after but I don't want to speak out on the long term effects because there hasn't been any actual concluding evidence yet. For me it just doesn't seem like a great option when lifting for the moment, better safe than sorry.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>35077963
Same
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.