[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>NYR is just over a month away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 10
File: 1444759515189.png (509 KB, 200x600) Image search: [Google]
1444759515189.png
509 KB, 200x600
>NYR is just over a month away
>>
>>35076733
>>
File: 1425836973108.jpg (60 KB, 693x663) Image search: [Google]
1425836973108.jpg
60 KB, 693x663
>finals are less than a month away
>>
File: file.jpg (1 MB, 1152x1728) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
1 MB, 1152x1728
Fr bruh
>>
File: ex44.jpg (11 KB, 301x226) Image search: [Google]
ex44.jpg
11 KB, 301x226
>a month away is like a month away
>>
File: Ngeagbp.jpg (36 KB, 244x662) Image search: [Google]
Ngeagbp.jpg
36 KB, 244x662
>>35076932

>the year is almost over and you haven't done anything with it
>>
File: 1396389966831.png (2 MB, 870x4138) Image search: [Google]
1396389966831.png
2 MB, 870x4138
>>
File: image.png (730 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
image.png
730 KB, 497x732
I enjoy January at the gym desu

Seeing all the fatties and the undisciplined motivates me. People who are doing it for any reason other than that they love it aren't going to make it.

I love going in there day after day I'm giving it my all. Catching people mirin and thinking i'm what they want to be like. I hope I can inspire these people to meet their resolutions. I want to be the person that either makes them realize they're not ready or makes them realize that they will be like I am. New Years is a time to separate the weak from the strong.
>>
Home gym master race so I don't have to deal with nyr shit.
Feels good man.
>>
>>35076994
You're a fatty yourself so of course you don't mind it
>>
File: fit.jpg (713 KB, 1755x3285) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
713 KB, 1755x3285
>>35076733

> tfw homegym masterrace
>>
>>35077030
Ebin meme :^)

Being edgy and negative is so 4chan desu senpai!
>>
>>35077065
>squatting 225 in sandals

That was a good thread
>>
I wonder if sir is going to do it again this year. Last year he already wasn't lifting, and we haven't seen a new sir comic in a while.
>>
File: 20151129_084827.jpg (716 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151129_084827.jpg
716 KB, 1080x1080
>>35076733

>horrible break up with psychologically abusive ex-gf
>she fucking ruined me
>spent 4 mo post break up eating like shit and playing video games
>wake up and realize what I have become
>jan 1
>make NY resolution
>be at gym 5am for cardio
>return to the gym at 1030pm for lifting
>continue going to gym during non-peak hours
>partially because I was embarassed at how fat I let myself get
>partially because I did not want to be that NYR cocksucker who everyone saw wasting their time using their equipment
>be 11 months later
>lost a fuck ton of weight
>do cardio whenever I want now
>still make a point of lifting during non-peak hours
>the relative solitude gives me focus

Im still so far from where I want to be. My diet isnt micro managed with meal prep and shit. I eat tacos a fucking lot too so that cant help. Still, I stuck with it and I'll continue to stick with it. My life is so much better with lifting and now I have an amazing - beautiful, supportive girlfriend. My life is back on track and the world is a brighter fucking place.

There are some NYRfag success stories. I got what I wanted out of my NYR and I kept out of the way of gym regulars all along.

Dont let anyone tell you not to make fitness goals your NYR. Just be considerate to the obvious gym regulars and stay the fuck out of their regular routine. Dont do fucking bosu ball dumbell presses in the goddamn power rack.
>>
>>35077187

how did she psychologically abuse you?

how long did you stay together? when tdid the abusing begin?

why didn't u bail out immediately?
>>
>>35077209

Would guilt me into going out of my way to do things for her, which more and more took away from my work, school, hobbies. We were together for 6 months. I didn't realize what she was doing to me until a few months in. I figured she had some problems and just needed a little help getting through a tough patch.

She gave me the "you love the gym more than me" bullshit 2 months in and I stopped going.

4 months in, she's put on 40 fucking pounds. This is someone who told me that she was interested in hiking and shit when we had met. Disgusted me. It felt like it had been forever since I had been to the gym, so I bought a membership at her local gym to help her along as well.

We go to the gym together day 1. She is lazy as all fuck. Complains the whole goddamn time. Makes it a living fucking hell.

Day 2. She doesn't get out of her car. She wants to do anything but go into the gym. I'm annoyed as fuck. I bought a gym membership and I intend to go into the fucking gym. I leave her in the parking lot and tell her she can go home if she wants I'm going to work out. I go inside. She sits in her car pouting watching me on the treadmill through the window. She leaves. We have a huge fight. I "abandoned" her. From this day on I am disgusted with everything she represents as a human being, but I stay with her another 2 months because I'm afraid she'll fucking off herself if I leave. Her favorite line to hit me with was "you never really cared, you're just like all the other guys who came and left." I'm too nice and for a time I genuinely cared.

Finally reach a breaking point 2 months later. I hated every little last thing about her. I called it off.

I was an idiot and I was being naïve the whole way about it. Admittedly I learned a great deal about myself in that relationship. I also learned a lot about what I need in a partner for a relationship to work.

Granted, I still struggled with the guilt after breaking up with her. Put on 50 pounds.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.