[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you can't work out when you have eaten What are the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5
File: arnoldcalves.jpg (506 KB, 800x1145) Image search: [Google]
arnoldcalves.jpg
506 KB, 800x1145
>you can't work out when you have eaten
What are the other myths normies mindlessly say
>>
>You have to eat 800 meals spaced through the day to keep your metabolism running
>>
>You only need 500 calories above your TDEE and you'll get fat if you eat any more
>>
>You can't cut more than 500 below TDEE you'll lose all your gains
>>
>>35076554
>Women care about how much you bench
>>
>You can maintain 4% bodyfat
>>
>You'll get fat if you skip breakfast.

>You have to eat every 2-3 hours or your metabolism will slow and you'll get fat.
>>
>>35076554
>Processed meat is a good source of protein
>>
Your a big guy
>>
>Caffeine pills are unhealthy

*sips large, 2 cream 3 sugar coffee*
>>
>If you eat that cupcake, you'll go catabolic and die
>>
what's the nu definition of normie, or rather what counts are non-normie now?
>>
>>35076554
>you need more calories from protein than from carbs
Christ, this shit.
>>
>>35076643
That is, uh, true. Caffeine is not healthy, even alcohol is better.
>>
>>35076554
>You have to eat 1000 less calories than your maintenance to lose fat
>>
>if you eat less than usual your body will go into starvation mode
>>
File: co12.jpg (118 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
co12.jpg
118 KB, 1200x720
>I do the military shoulder press every two weeks in order to get my bench up
>>
>It's impossible to get below 15% body fat

Chemistry teacher from high school said this. Ended up in a discussion between him and our overcompensating manlet. Apparently he also thought the average Scandinavian had 50-60% body fat.
>>
>I should work on a heavier weight for my weaker arm to balance my strength
>>
>Whey protein is worth the money
>>
File: soraya-post_2922781b[1].jpg (65 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
soraya-post_2922781b[1].jpg
65 KB, 620x387
>>35076702
>he also thought the average Scandinavian had 50-60% body fat.
He might have been on point with this one, actually.
>>
>>35076676

Autism and missing the point, news at 11.
>>
>Squatting below parallel will hurt your knees
>>
>>35076757
What, I thought you had something to say
>>
>two eggs a day are not healthy for you
*eats white bread with nutella while sipping on sugar water*

>kneeing with a rounded back is better for you than squatting with perfect form
>>
File: hdjshw232.png (129 KB, 354x348) Image search: [Google]
hdjshw232.png
129 KB, 354x348
>>35076778

Do I really need to explain?

>Person Drinking a Cream and Sugar filled coffee, telling another person they are unhealthy for taking caffeine pills.

Your Face When.
>>
tbqh squatting 100 kg right after lunch would make me puke like a geyser
>>
>calories in calories out is bullshit
>>
>fat makes you fat
>>
>Carbs are bad for you
>>
>>35076662
In 2012, the Journal of the American Medical Association published the results of a clinical trial performed by a group of researchers that investigated whether dietary composition affected weight loss.[14] The study tracked 21 individuals. The individuals first lost at least 12.5% of their body weight, and were then placed on one of three different dietary regimens:

A diet high in protein and fat, but with fewer carbohydrates
A diet low in fat, emphasizing whole grains, fruit and vegetables
A diet with a low glycemic index, focusing on the type of carbohydrates consumed

The results showed that the first group burned the most calories, but also displayed increased markers of stress and inflammation in the body, which can lead to cardiovascular disease, among other health problems. The second group burned fewer calories than the other two groups, and also displayed certain metabolic indicators that typically precede weight gain. The third group burned a reasonable number of calories, but notably did not display increased markers of disease-causing stress. The researchers concluded that the type of calories consumed does affect the number of calories burned by an individual. This conclusion is in direct contrast to what the commonly held belief implies.[1][5][6]
>>
>>35076554
>carbs make you carbs
>>
>>35076835
And how exactly is that a 'myth'?
>>
>>35076911
Kek'd slightly, thanks for the study bromine
>>
>>35076911
>pasting a Summary of a story without linking it
>study supposedly tracked 21 individuals

please be b8
>>
>>35076554

Well this is true for me at least for the simple reason of puking if I train too hard with a full stomach
>>
>>35076911
>low glycemic carbs are good
everyone knows this
>>
>Form is important
>>
>>35076835

the irony is apparent but does that make what he says any less true?
no you faggot
>>
>>35076676
Nigga you trollin hard. G style.
>>
After 6 years of lifting you make no gains.
>>
>>35076554
>What are the other myths normies mindlessly say

>Women don't want muscles
>Women aren't attracted to wealthy men
>Protein shakes are steroids
>I don't want to lift weights incase I get muscly
>Don't get too big.
>>
>>35076641
UUUU
>>
>>35076554
>you can't work out when you have eaten

Well I can't. It sucks working out just after an 1000kcal meal. Makes me tired and can give me acid.

>>35076599

500kcal surplus is bullshit. You're just gonna gain extra fat and it will give you more work in you next cut.

Thats at least 200kcal of fatgain a day - 36500kcal in 6 months - 4kg of useless fat.

Clean bulk at max 300kcal surplus masterrace. 200 - 250 is perfect for yearround leanness.
>>
>>35078061
you sound weak and small

post your lifts, and how long it took you to get them
>>
>>35077877

>I need protein shakes to get /fit/
>it's impossible to eat enough protein in a normal, well balanced diet
>I will get too big (bodybuilder mode) if I lift and that's ugly

These man. I hear them so fucking often.
>>
>>35076676
False. Source or go away.
>>
>>35079066
>I will get too big (bodybuilder mode) if I lift and that's ugly
hey man, it happened to me, I accidentally did a curl in the squat rack and next thing you know I was built like ronnie coleman
>>
>>35076625
Starting eating more and my lifts went up and maintain same body
>>
>>35076688
I do ohp once a week and dumbells other day is this OK
>>
>you can eat as many calories as you want as long as it's low fat/low carb/low whatever
>lifting as a woman will make you big and manly!! steady state cardio only
>running is the only cardio exercise worth doing
>STARVATION MODE
I get so fucking buttmad about starvation mode. It's the biggest untrue fatty myth perpetuated by fatties to the point that doctors think it's true. I have anecdotally proven starvation mode to be a myth in my life so I hate hearing about it like it's true.
>>
>>35079597
"ohp"? No. You should never do it.

The Press? Yes. Do it once a week minimum.
>>
>>35077884
nice
>>
>>35076641
For you
>>
>you know it's not even about Calories, it's about sodium, fat, and carbs, right?
I was appalled to hear such random nonsense
>>
>>35076641
>your
My a big guy what?
>>
>protein powder is a waste of money
>says all of my friends who don't lift
>>
>>35080207
wat
>>
>lifting stunts your growth
>drinking diet sodas increases your chances of cancer and such (I don't actually have any evidence to back this up though)
>instead of eating big and working out you should just eat big, wait until you are fat then work out
>>
>>35076554
>500 cal surplus makes you fat
>>
>>35076554

But OP, that's not a myth.

If you eat a large meal, the blood goes to your intestines to digest the meal, which means there's less blood available to your muscles, which means your workout will be less effective - you won't be able to lift as much and will require longer recovery times.
>>
>>35076591
This is counter-productive. Meals release insulin, which slows down fat-burning.

BTFO normies.
>>
>>35080485
>instead of eating big and working out you should just eat big, wait until you are fat then work out
WHAT??? what is the logic of that??
>>
>>35080766
where did this come from anyway. it seems like it's just parroted on forums full of DYELs and mentally ill amateur bodybuilders afraid of getting fat

has any serious olylifter/powerlifter/strongman or coach in one of those sports ever said "DONT GO ABOVE A 200/300/500 SURPLUS EVER ITS ALL FAT GAIN BEYOND THAT POINT". in fact a lot have said big 1000-3000 calorie surpluses are the way to quick strength gains depending on your strength level

no one can even accurately calculate their daily expenditure anyway. those calculators are based on jack shit
>>
>>35081104
I have no idea but one of my friends said that's what I should be doing
>>
>>35081147
That's because those serious lifters just care about absolute strength. They don't give a fuck about how they look.

Now for normal people like you and me, we lift and care about how we look. Going 500 surplus will definitely get you strength but it also comes with unwanted fat. Bulking at 200-300 will have slightly lower strength gains but you get to look good the whole time you're bulking.
>>
>>35081248
>They don't give a fuck about how they look.
90% of them don't have any use for unecessary fat gain because they have to meet a weight class, and they could have to do this several times a year.

again i'm asking where did the 200/300/500 surplus shit came from in the first place. i ate much more than that when i was doing linear progression and never ended up fat. i don't see any serious strength coach recommending it, and lifters don't benefit from getting ridiculously fat except in a certain lift in powerlifting's superheavyweight class (and the benefit isn't very good). i don't know what the advice is based on but it's very common
>>
>>35079654
There is an entire industry built around convincing people that they should stay fat and they need to CONSUME lol.
Don't stop eating too fast and your metabolism will tank. I have even read articles that state it is impossible to lose weight and keep it off.
>>
>you need to lose mass to lose weight
>>
>>35081935
>>35079654
I genuinely think the starvation mode myth is made by fatties who try to diet too hard and then find it almost impossible to adjust to the much lower cals and don't have the mental strength to get through the lethargic and miserable first few weeks that comes with a drastic calorie cut. It's true that it's easier to slowly lower cals but it's just a mentality thing. Cut too may too quickly and you'll feel like shit for a fair while and I reckon fatties just say their bodies are starving to cover the fact that they can't mentally push through the first few weeks.
>>
>>35081231
>>35081104
maybe the friend heard of bulking and misunderstood what it is.
>>
>>35076554
>cut right down, eat at a heavy deficit, and then the muscle will grow
>lifting heavy is bad for you, just do 10000 reps with these half kg dumbbells and you'll get strong
>you can't go to the gym late at night
>you can't eat more than two eggs a week or your cholesterol will clog you up and you'll die
>Just eat pasta and you'll get fit
Don't listen to mums /fit/. They mean well but they're retarded.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.