[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/bros do these altitude training masks actually work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: images (17).jpg (22 KB, 533x276) Image search: [Google]
images (17).jpg
22 KB, 533x276
Hey /fit/bros do these altitude training masks actually work? Considering buying one but getting mixed reviews on the innanet so fuck it, I come to you guys
>>
No. They're a great pussy repellent though.
>>
>>35075680
>do they work?
4U
>>
>>35075680
>do these altitude training masks actually work?
For bane impersonations? Yes.
For training? No, it's just a retarded fad.
>>
Alright cool thanks /fit/Bros I'll just spend $100 somewhere else
>>
>>35075680
Well, depends on what you are trying to do with it.
If you are just looking to lift and build then this really isn't the right equipment.

But, if you do something like marathon or any exhausting activities that constantly need leash on the breathing, then I guess the mask can help your body to create conditions to improve the oxygen delivery efficiency in the body.

They do the same thing for mountain climbing because of high alt has lower oxygen rate.
>>
What happens if you remove the mask?
>>
Probably one of the worst gimmicks I've seen. I have asked countless crossfitters and fighters and not one of them could support its effectiveness. There is no hard evidence out there that supports endurance increase. In fact, judging what other studies have been made concerning the gas mask IN GENERAL, where it is mostly used in battle, supports only its effectiveness to airborn substances. Here is the thing with the gas mask and maybe, you will understand and fucking stop wearing, it. And I can reference every statement I make here. The mask FATIGUES the diaphragm. There is Increased accessory muscle activity and it limits exercise performance.

There is ZERO increase in erythropoitin (the hormone responsible for increasing red blood cells) because there's relative hypoxia (decreased oxygen in tissues) to speak of. If you wear the mask you just increase accessory muscle activity and sacrifice proper diaphragmatic activity. Which means you will use more of neck, lower back and other trunk muscles to breath for a a given endurance activity, while your diaphragm wont be working properly. Aside for that, the mask supposedly provides resistance on INHALATION. What about EXHALATION? There isn't any.. So that means increased neck and lower back tension. Also, carbon dioxide is trapped in the mask after every exhalation, so now you breathing more CO2 than O2. Guys, I dont need to go further than this. It's real no brainer but do your self a favor, drop the ego, stop walking around the gym with a mask on your face looking like Shredder from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and throw it in the trash. You build your endurance through HIIT in my book. Not with dangerous masks that make you look like your going to war. There is NO hard evidence out there.
>>
>>35075839
I've heard it's extremely painful
>>
File: banekek.jpg (155 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
banekek.jpg
155 KB, 800x1066
>>35076151

FOR YOU
>>
>>35075680
>Considering paying money for an altitude training mask
May as well pick up a couple fedoras while you're at it.
>>
>>35075680
No, they do not work.

They're supposed to simulate high altitude training yeah? Well they don't, they just make it harder to breathe, it's not the same thing as HA training.
>>
>>35075761
but thats wrong. If you want adaptations to altitude training, train at altitude. This mask does not alter the oxygen content of the air you're breathing so it does not stimulate altitude changes.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.