[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I abandon my lower body?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1447868434982.jpg (98 KB, 469x700) Image search: [Google]
1447868434982.jpg
98 KB, 469x700
So I was fat and I went to the gym, did cardio and a bit of weightlifting, mostly lower body because it was easy and I was a little bitch. Now that I lost weight, I've noticed that my pelvis is wide and my lower body is disproportionately bigger than my upper body.

So my main goal is to bulk up my upper body, but that got me thinking: should I skip "leg day" and never do any squats? I don't want my lower body to become even wider, I hate my feminine shape.
>>
>>35075548
>my lower body is disproportionately bigger than my upper body.

That's normal
>>
File: 1448804925834.jpg (291 KB, 1132x2504) Image search: [Google]
1448804925834.jpg
291 KB, 1132x2504
>>35075602

Not me but it's pretty close
>>
>>35075642
That guy has no legs or upper body
>>
>>35075650

True, however, I'd still want to know if it's okay to not do leg exercises
>>
I guess it's logical that your lower half got pretty big, it had to support all your weight + you led a sedentary life. Upper body wise the only trained muscle you have had must probably been your right index finger muscle
>>
>>35075660

Random anon here.
I doubt your upperbody is much smaller than your lower body.

My bench is 70kg
My squat is 150kg
That's a big difference yet my legs aren't disproportionate.
>>
You could try twice a week training your upper body and once a week your legs, so you lower increase rate on legs and don't lose gains, while make sure your upper body advance faster so you'll eventually stop looking disporportionate.
>>
>>35075789

I know this is a logical approach, but I'm curious, what would happen if I didn't train my legs AT ALL (except for cardio). My friend said that training legs is the source of testosterone but I think that's BS. I want to know what you guys think
>>
>>35075548
never stop training a body part
train it less and in non hypertrophy rep scheme butnever stop
>>
>>35075866
But what happens when you stop?
>>
>>35075831
you will probably lose a little bit of strength/mass in your legs after some time. but whatever, JUST DO IT
>>
>>35075642
You are just a weak faggot with wide hips

you need squats to gain considerable amount of muscle
you need squat to lose considerate amount of weight
>>
>>35077419

This. The fuck you thinking skipping leg day.
>>
>>35077432

I guess the thing I want do do is make my hips as indistinct as possible. I don't really care about anything else (I may have BDD)
>>
If training lower body feels easy for you, why would you stop doing it?
>>
>>35075961
It will hurt.
>>
>>35077811

Because I look like a female
>>
>>35075831
>but I think that's BS

you're a special kind of stupid
>>
how does a polar bear know what apples is?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.