[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strength routines are shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: P7160893.jpg (616 KB, 2355x3418) Image search: [Google]
P7160893.jpg
616 KB, 2355x3418
My body after 1 year of training, after a cut. 78kg 6'1

Stats
100kg squat
130kg didly
85kg bench
55kg ohp

Now my stats are terrible. However, after I stopped lifting for two months and went back I had to start from squating 60kg, and even that was hard. Bench 60kg as well, ohp 40kg. In two months of eating hard as fuck (reached 85kg) I fucked up all my lifts completely. IN 2 MONTHS. I had no muscle, all of it was neuromuscular. And they just fucking disappeared after not training for a little bit.

I tried a few times breathing squats 1x20, and you know what? That was when I got sore muscles. 100kg squats, which I was barely able to do (on a bad day I would fail even) and nothing hit my muscles as high reps.

Fuck low rep high intensity. Absolutely shit hypertrophy. Will finish gaining my shit gains back and jump on a proper push pull routine
>>
File: HdtIzE3DjuA.jpg (50 KB, 576x554) Image search: [Google]
HdtIzE3DjuA.jpg
50 KB, 576x554
Train for about 10 years more, and then tell me the same.
>>
>>35075117

> 6'1 78 kg after cut
> stop lifting for months

Your doing it wrong.
>>
>>35075117
You should have jumped on a PPL as soon as you hit those numbers if your goal was hypertrophy.
>>
>>35075117
I had those lifts after 3 months of SS so I think it's more an issue of you being a retarded gaylord rather than the routine you were doing.
>>
>>35075117
We can see that you lift. Can clearly see shoulder and bicep development and chest and core. Would almost expect bigger legs since you say you did a strength routine but whatever. What routine did you follow? And did you follow it closely?
>>
>>35075117
>your cut didn't affect your lifts
>being sore is the indicator of muscle growth
>your lifts won't skyrocket to your old numbers in no time with proper training
Please go away and never come back
>>
>squat 50lbs more than you
>been doing squats less than a month

Wew laddie
>>
>>35075117
>one year strength training
>less than a 3plate deadlift

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>35075117
>brahs i got sore squatting the empty bar 20 times, Thats how you get big!
>>
I can't comprehend what else I could have done. The ONLY things must have been becoming fat, but fuck becoming fat for some increase in numbers. I did a slow bulk and it did not work. It seems like a fucking meme. There are only a couple of powerlifters at the gym who lift heavy, fat guys. Others are dyels. Only fits benches 2pl after 3 months and didly 4plates on their first try. Fell for the troll, fuck me for being retarted
>>
>>35075117
>1 year
>Less than 3 pl8 squat
>Less than 4pl8 diddy
>Less than 2 pl8 bench
>Less than 1 pl8 ohp

Hahahahahah these are the people that tell you SS is a troll.
>>
>>35075117
i started ICF 5x5 last january, in 7 months my 5rms were
squat 117.5 x 5
deadlift 140 x 5
bench 85 x 5

I then ran a bunch of powerlifting programs, alot of canditos 6 week, now my 1rms are

squat 152.5
bench 115
deadlift 185

during this time i went from 67 to 77kg

Strength routines can work well, will post pics later maybe
>>
you're not suppose to get ripped or aesthetic from strength routines... theyre building blocks for your body.
you learn the foundation lifts and form while gaining strength.
Only one year of training gets you shit and if you cant stake it out and workout for a couple of years, you're not going to make it.
>>
>>35075612
I will break it down to you. Beginner routines are designed to make you strong. Not aesthetic, not proportional, not big - strong.

These routines work for about 4-5 and then you stall and either have to move to an advanced-beginner program like Candito or an early-intermediate one like Texas Method. If those are your working reps your 1RM are:

125 squat
162.5 DL
106.25 bench
68.75 OHP

Those are solid intermediate number for a guy who is 78kg. If those were your 1RM you should have done Candito for a couple of months.

>1x20 squats
Where did you get that idea from?
>>
>>35075612
ONLY FAT POWERLIFTERS SQUAT MORE THAN 100KG WOOOOOO YOU HEARD IT RIGHT GUYS
>>
>>35075117
you're gonna get a lot of shit on this board but you're right

too many people get sucked into powerlifting meme and all they get is disappointment
>>
I can't get past 60kg for my bench (3x5) even after 1 year of training. Help me bros.
>>
>>35075737
Weight, height, calorific intake, Routine.
>>
>>35075737
if you train without a spotter go find one, it's hugely important for progress
>>
>>35075758
This so fucking much, I was stuck at 65x3x5 when doing SS without spotter then when I got fed up and just started asking people to spot me in each set managed to go up to 90x3x5 and I was cutting whilst doing SS.

A spotter is a must especially for a beginner as your psyche is still underdeveloped.
>>
>>35075679
Those were my working weights. I read even books on weightlifting, programming, SS. I am not the guy who does not count and skips sessions. I was doing everything religiously. It just makes me wonder that I might have low test or some shit. My friend does not train and never did, but he went to the gym and benched 80kg no problem. He is not even fat and does no manual labour. I am just thinking I am some inferior genetic piece of shit and should become a trap, since my gains are dogshit after giving all I have.
>>
>>35075758
>>35075778
I hope you guys don't mean cheating reps by making your spotter do some upright rows
>>
those are my numbers after 3 mos SL. im also a 5'7 manlet at 155 lbs.

OP is just fucking retarded. Move along.
>>
>>35075793
No psychologically you will hold back as you are afraid you will drop the weight and kill yourself or worse if you're a 4chan neet you're terrified people will have to come to lift the weight off you.
>>
>>35075781
Take it easy bud. Different people start differently and progress differently. Your only mistake is not doing TM when you hit those numbers. You were well into the intermediate stage but you were doing a program, aimed at couch potatoes when you weren't anymore.
>>
>>35075820
>Recommending TM to a guy that is cutting
topkek.
>>
>>35075797
I guess lifting the bar 5 times is too hard for me to comprehend. Will probably leave academia since I am so stupid.
>>
>>35075827
Where did I say explicitly "Do TM on a cut?". I told him that he should have moved on from SS after getting those numbers.
>>
>>35075811
Never had this problem desu. Now I even prefer to lift without a spotter, because I can focus more, I'm not going to go full retard and add weight when I shouldn't and potentially cause a stall and I'm forced to give my best when the barbell is touching my chest.
>>
>>35075835
cant think of any other reason why you should have those numbers after a year of lifting even after having 2 mos off. you obviously arnt physically deformed, that leaves one other explanation: retardation
>>
>>35075745
69 kg
1,73m
~2500 cal
SS

I need to eat more, there's no way around it.
>>
>>35075846
You're already stalled at 65kgs for a year anon how can you cause even more of a stall?

Anyway answer this >>35075745
>>
>>35075873
>>35075862
Eat more, and add accessories for the upper body.
There is a reason why a normie gymrat shits on every Rippetoe bible thumper when it comes to upper body and that's the volume required for upper body.
>>
>>35075873
I'm not OP lol
>>
>>35075898
Aren't you >>35075737 ? Sorry I added 5 kgs to your lift.
>>
>>35075916
Nah
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.