[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>started lifting in 2012 >still never been lean >lifts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: 1448684773060.jpg (17 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
1448684773060.jpg
17 KB, 375x360
>started lifting in 2012
>still never been lean
>lifts are all shit
>still look like shit
>its nearly 2016

should i just give up?
>>
No you should eat right you mongoloid
>>
>>35074745
Stats. NOW!
>>
>>35074756
I tracked calories and protein for the first 2.5 years. Then I got sick of it because gains were basically not happening anyway. Now I just eye-ball protein and cals and hope for the best and results haven't been any different compared to when I was tracking religiously.

I think im just gona start a bro split and starve myself and just go skele-lean-bro-mode. Better than being a builtfat turbo nerd that I am now.
>>
>>35074745
What's your diet been like pham?
>>
>>35074745

height/weight/lifts?
>>
pics
>>
>>35074769
What do you mean the gains weren't happening? Did you adjust your diet when you noticed weren't gaining?
>>
File: skiplegs.jpg (83 KB, 717x960) Image search: [Google]
skiplegs.jpg
83 KB, 717x960
DId you follow strength routines? If yes I might consider doing a bro-split since my strength routines gave shit results after more than a year. Also shitty lifts. Also tracked calories and every little thing religiously. Never missed a lifting day, fuck.

After new years holiday will do a bro-split or a push pull fuck it.
>>
>>35074797
115 x 5 squat
100 x 5 bench
70 x 5 press
135 x 5 deadlift

im 5'7 90 i was like 65 when i started lifting.

(all kg's)

im so freaken pathetically weak for my weight/time lifting

as i said, im going on a bro split now, and im gona be starving myself, now more than 1200-1500 cals a day + cardio. dont give a fuck if i "lose muh gains" it's not like i have much to begin with, i literally just got fat.
>>
>>35074816
i was making gains for about a year or so

i kept on tracking like a autist for another 1-1.5 years after that period...and i realized i had spent the last 1.5 years tracking shit like an autist and barely made any changes...so i said fuck it to tracking.

basically i got noob gains, then even with tracking every calorie, protein etc, and weighing everything out on kitchen scales like an autist i made dick all changes after the first year.

i started lifting at 24, i am 28 now, maybe my age has something to do with it I dont know but i feel like im actually getting weaker now (which is surprising because im already weak to begin with)
>>
>>35074826

>implying you aren't strong by normie standards
>Implying normies can rep 2 plates on binch
>Implying normies can't properly squat ATG IPF approved straigth back non good morning squats

You need to be more aggressive on chasing volume PR. Do more volume, do more reps.
>>
>>35074824
i doubt what i did training wise has much at all to do with my results.

the first year I did a strength routine and made lots of gains

then 2nd,3rd, and heading into my 4th year ive basically not made any changes besides get fatter trying to bulk

im actually going to start a bro split now and starve myself to get lean instead of trying to min-max a diet or strength routine. im over trying to "make it". im just going full bro-mode with starvation to get lean quickly instead of using /fit/youtube logic to slowly cut for 1 year to lose 0.02lbs a week. fuck hormones nigga
>>
>>35074826
Jesus Christ, who made you bulk like this? You are barely 170cm and you are 20kg overweight. If you are 70 kg those numbers would be GOAT but at your weight you are mediocre as hell.

Go on a keto diet and a PPL routine - you will de-train to some extent but going back to at least 70 kg should be your main priority.
>>
>>35074867
nobody made me do that.

since i started lifting my hunger levels skyrocketed like crazy. before lifting i maintained 60-65kg no problem, without any exercise....now I struggle to stay under 90kg with lifting AND cardio'ing, retarded isn't it?
>>
>>35074867
also bout keto. its pretty much just dont eat carbs and just eat fats/protein right? How exactly do i get fiber on that? considering i have 20kg to lose...

here's a video of me btw, its the only/lastest footage i have of my physique. i posted it back in october 2015 on /fit/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFUJiSXoe_c
>>
>>35074894
>this video is private
Keto allows you to eat leafy greens and non-starchy vegetables.

>>35074874
You probably a calorie-dense, high-carb diet if you have such cravings.
>>
>>35074906
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFUJiSXoe_c

just made it unlisted.
>>
>>35074894
Dam your body dysmorphia is bad. You look pretty good and not even that fat.
>>
>>35074845
Did you adjust your diet though? Like increase calories/protein until you started putting on weight. Or did you just eat the same amount?
>>
>>35074845
if you're telling the truth (which you're probably not) you might have sub-normal levels of testosterone

get that checked
>>
>>35074826
Dude those are very good stats by normie standards.

Seriously, lot of untrained guys can't even bench 50kg, much less 100.
If you feel fat, just cut and you'll feel better. You should look very good. Stop comparing yourself to professional or semi-pro lifters.
>>
>>35074952
I know girls that deadlift and squat more than him.Considering lower body muscles are so much less influenced by testosterone than upper body If your lower body is weak relative to your upper body testosterone isn't the problem.
I'd wager he never pushes himself considering he squats barely more than bodyweight after 3 years
>>
>>35074925
Cut and PPL
>>
>in new gym location
>don't realize that rack is embedded into elevated ground
>set safeties too high
>squat laughably high

Saw on the recording that the two guys squatting next to me had a good laugh about it :(
>>
>>35074745
Give up and then what?

Maybe you should change your approach.
>>
>>35075006
Who are you quoting
>>
>>35074826
Are you me mate? Did the exact same shit but I can only bench 100 kg for like 2 maybe 3 reps tops
>>
>>35075017
I'm quoting no one, it was a green texted story anon
>>
>>35075045
>green texted story
>>>/b/
>>
>>35075006
Pretty sure literally no one gives a fuck how deep you squat. Hells bells, just how insecure are you?
>>
>never did any strength routine
>started out with a brosplit, cheast&arms, schoulders&back, legs
>hit 2/3/4 pl8 3x5 last month after a year of lifting

kek at strength routines
>>
>>35075054
>implying
>>
>>35075063
I had a good laugh when I saw the recording and they had it while watching.

It's quite comical when someone loads up weight and then half squats it, don't you think?
>>
>>35075081
Yea well, 6 months on SS and then any intermediate strength routine leaves you as 3/4/5 after a year.
>>
>>35074845
Your age?

Guys max out at strength in their mid to late 30's. Some do it in their 40's. The fuck. That rhetoric that young kids get strong as fuck are DYEL's looking at their personal history wishing they were like the only time they were ever made to physically exert themselves over time.

That and confusing noob gains with actual strength.

That and having hormone problems later in life because of lifestyles.
That and seeing the neighborhood kid that is stronger than you ever were yet transposing yourself into him thinking you were like that back in the day.
>>
>>35075113
What the fuck are you trying to say??
>>
>>35075185
Do you have reading comprehension problems? I was quite clear about what I was saying.

TLDR and dumbed down a bit:

28 yrs old IS NOT TOO OLD TO LIFT IT IS NOT EVEN NEAR BEING TOO OLD TO LIFT AND GET GAINS
>>
>>35074845
You should answer this guy
>>35074947

It sounds like you never properly bulked or cut you say you "counted" but it seems like you never increased caloric intake once you saw no progress. Get your shit together faggot. You need to have a surplus to gain muscle.
>>
>>35075207
Try reading through what you have written and realize that your sentence see full of structural mistakes.

I don't know if you for fucked over by your phone or what happened.

But thanks for clarifying your point.
>>
>>35075232
Just like here, "sentences are" got changed to "sentence see".

Fucking phones.
>>
>>35075232
No I read it over. All the words are correct. You're just having difficulty reading it.
>>
File: 1447466063317.png (339 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1447466063317.png
339 KB, 500x750
>>35075263
Retard
>>
>>35074826

thats pretty normal for a natty lifter that lives a normal everyday life too.
you just have too much fat, your stats are alright. deads and squats could be a bit more tho.
>>
>>35075263
>That rhetoric that young kids get strong as fuck are DYEL's looking at their personal history wishing they were like the only time they were ever made to physically exert themselves over time.

Legit sentence yea?
>>
File: P7160893.jpg (616 KB, 2355x3418) Image search: [Google]
P7160893.jpg
616 KB, 2355x3418
1 year strength routine physique incoming. Not strong and not aesthetic. Don't do strength routines, they are troll. Did exactly everything as op, religious calorie tracking etc. Will start doing a PPL or PHAT
>>
>>35075375
No, you are just extremely retarded.
>>
>>35075375
A whole year of lifting weights three tomes a week? Wow. Why aren't you a pro bodybuilder? It must have been your routine, right?
>>
>>35075407
*times
>>
>>35075109
Also known as trex mode?
>>
>>35075363
He's saying >30y/os that aren't athletes think they were at their strongest in their teens because it is the only time they ever had to or chose to be physically active (if only slightly).
>>
>>35075363
Rephrased:

Guys that think kids in their twenties are stronger than middle aged men are DYEL's reflecting on their own past of the only time they've ever been athletic in their lives.
>>
>>35075437
One could guess that this is what you were tying to say, but you would have to agree that your original sentence was fucked up.

I agree with your statement however, i feel like guys that are around 10 years older than me have insane strength despite never having lifted.

It's always quite amazing.
>>
>>35075399
Yeah fine. I follow my calories perfectly, no cheats, no alcohol, absolute cocoon mode. Never missed a lifting day in a year. Pushed ny self as much as possible, deloaded only when I failed my reps a couple of times in a row. But whatever, I am a retard.
>>
File: 1448802201397.png (324 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1448802201397.png
324 KB, 500x750
>>35075306
got any more?
>>
>>35075207

most people on /fit/ are 16 and too stupid to realize this though.

>hurr my peak is 18
>>
File: 1448802201397.jpg (102 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1448802201397.jpg
102 KB, 500x750
>>35075490
with color
>>
>>35075491
Is that what it is? Cause I thought most guys that start finally getting super serious about lifting that go on a forum cause they're outside of the college lifting circle would be in their late twenties to late thirties.

I always forget that anonymous could be 16. I just assume the guy is that retarded before assuming he's that young.
>>
>>35075490
No but you just made me realise there is a wide open market for connect the dot memes
>>
File: 1444087399978.png (2 MB, 897x975) Image search: [Google]
1444087399978.png
2 MB, 897x975
OP, you're probably like me, a Mr. Skeltal who's a victim of neglect in his childhood, socially inept, and plays vidya when he should be doing more important things.

Here's the truf: It's a long, consistent, arduous, and not immediately gratifying process. Don't go into the gym and destroy yourself every session. I know you're in there self-conscious with a foundation of anger and frustration. That's your undoing.

#1 What you need to do (Here's the depressing part) is stop playing vidya and GO. TO. SLEEP. EARLY. an entire sleep session should be 8-9 hours. The right lifestyle WILL make you feel dull and boring. But it's what the body needs and you only get what you put in.

#2, EAT. BIG. even when you're not hungry. And don't cheat either, don't eat sugars or lighter fair. You may not realize it but your G.I. (basically another brain) is subconsciously affecting your food choices. You gotta do the uncomfortable thing and EAT EAT EAT.

#3 LIFT BIG! Don't ever compromise healthy form. If you get stuck at one weight for a few weeks you gotta educate yourself and find away to conquer the plateau. Working the secondary muscle groups, changing modality, putting that exercise at the beginning of the routine, asking other gymbros to criticize your form, etc... Getting swole actually takes a large quantity of education through bookreadin' AND reflection. You gotta gain the new perspective from the lifting literature and become swole of mind before becoming swole of body.
>>
File: 1445667740218.jpg (54 KB, 598x354) Image search: [Google]
1445667740218.jpg
54 KB, 598x354
>>35075638
Continued.

I'm telling you, when you get into the right routine and start making all the right moves, lifting turns into a depressing uphill journey with no end in sight and what you gain from it is not even recognizable as a satisfying achievement. This is because you're all fucked up in the head and depressed and shit. I've been there. I put on 20 pounds of muscle with 18% body fat over the course of a year. When I went out I turned heads, got glances and smiles and attention and shit and it weirded me the fuck out (so used to being repulsive). I went into the gym and wasn't satisfied with my progress b/c I plateaued. I got super frustrated and fell off the wagon. Within a month it was all gone.

This whole thing is a trial-and-error process. You're not going to realize what you had until it's gone, and then you'll come back in like a sullen dog and start it all over again with a new more humble perspective.

It's about the journey son. It's a learning experience.
>>
>>35075651
Ahhh... to remember fondly the days when I actually noticed people looking at me different.. catching womens' eyes..

I'm too long into it now. It's nothing new and it's a way of life. I forget that I'm hot even though I'm reminded constantly.
>>
>>35075651

Oh wise one, you think doing PPL or some split is better than SS?
>>
>>35075375
Height and weight?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.