[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fit/, it's time. I'm tired of wallowing in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: fat.jpg (13 KB, 296x394) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
13 KB, 296x394
Alright /fit/, it's time. I'm tired of wallowing in self pity, I'm tired of looking at myself and knowing what can be vs what is, my biggest problems always been self motivation though, is there a way I can overcome myself and start my journey to /fit/ness?
>>
>>35074730
read the sticky

fuck off (to a gym)

dont come back
>>
>>35074802
Fuck off there's nothing in the sticky about self motivation asshole, I'm just here to see what motivates others to do the work they do, to follow that diet or their daily regime, I am going to take that first step by going to the gym but all this fucking holiday food is soo tempting
>>
>Asking for help to be self-motivated.
You... realise how fucking retarded that is, right?

Fuck motivation. What you need is discipline. Just fucking do it and don't anything stop you, especially yourself.

Read the sticky, eat right and fucking lift. Braindead meatheads have been doing it for centuries. If you think you can be better, prove it, or fuck off.
>>
>>35074873
/thread
>>
>>35074730
>Wanting other people to self-motivate you

Holy shit. You being a retarded faggot should be enough motivation
>>
>>35074873
>>35074940
Not that I'm asking for help being self motivated like >>35074940 said, I'm asking what motivates you, why do you do that squat? Why do you lift daily? Is it the ascetics? Is it for the gym bunnies? Or do you do it for yourself?
>>
>>35074828
Well just mentioning the sticky has shown a weakness. That's your attitude. Instead of complaining and being negative, put all that effort into being positive. That means that you need to stop taking critisism and being cynical, and just ignore it or treat it as a joke and just remain not negative about it.

Once your attitude changes from negative to positive, you will notice much more confidence and motivation.
>>
>>35074985
So it's just taking that initial step in changing, perspective
>>
I think I can help.

I've only been lifting for four months. Four months, bro. A nothing amount of time, but I already know that I'm never, ever stopping. You know why? Because this shit works.

When I picked up my first dumbbells and lay back on the bench and lifted them, I felt like an idiot. In my head, I had a little voice telling me that it couldn't be this easy. I had the mindset that it would take years to see ANY change and I was already preparing myself for a long commitment with few rewards. That is not what happened. I've lost a pound a week. I stand up straighter. You can see the beginning of an outline to my biceps, triceps, pecs, and abs. Noob gains are the best motivation. Your own body is going to start CRAVING more exercise. You evolved to do this, but your life has held you back by making things too easy on your body, so you've wasted away like I did, like almost everyone has. The whole modern world is in a comfortable prison that keeps them weak and fat. You're weak. Weak as hell. I know because I was there just this August. I'm still not strong at all, but comparatively? I could beat my old self up easily.

Just read the sticky, take notes, study. You're back in school now. Restrict calories, lift heavy, and keep increasing weight as you grow stronger. And you WILL grow stronger. Your motivation will happen at the end of your first month.

Or you can help yourself to more ice cream and sink back into the crowd.
>>
And oh yeah. I'm fucking 40 years old.
>>
>>35074984
I lift just because why the fuck not be lifting?

I would be playing shitty vidya or drinking some beers, or even worse fapping to shotacon.

I have no motovation, I just do it.
>>
>>35074730
I say it every time this thread is posted: you're already fucked

By making this thread you show your fatal flaw. You're an attention whore who needs constant praise to be motivated. As soon as the well of positivity dries up from your friends and family you will revert to old habits because you are a weak emotional vampire.

The people who are going to make it are the ones who got to work instead of trying to make other people fill them with fleeting 'motivation.'

You might as well give up now because you will regardless within a few days. Maybe a couple weeks if you're lucky
>>
maybe you should go to the gym

ah, nevermind haha do it next week
>>
File: WayOfMen.jpg (88 KB, 775x548) Image search: [Google]
WayOfMen.jpg
88 KB, 775x548
>>
I do it because it's fun.

The first month or so I thought fitness was a big deal then I kept on doing it every week and kinda forgot about it.

Unless you're serious enough to do it every day Id advise treating lifting like that, remember to do progressive overload though
>>
>>35075654
Preach breh

When you first start, it's a chore, and that's where discipline comes in because you're changing habits to do something that the pleasure centers of your brain aren't attached to.

When you start lifting and eating right and seeing progress, you'll start enjoying it and your body will start craving exercise.

As far as dieting goes, best advice I can give is to reduce your sugar and carb intakes for two weeks and eat more protein. You'll notice your energy level is much more even throughout the day and managing your diet becomes something you want to do. Hell, earlier this week, I cut off a bite-sized piece of a glazed donut and had to spit it out because the sugar was too much.

Also, learn how to cook meals you like, and if you hate cooking, get a slow cooker. You just throw shit in and then you have half a week's worth of healthy meals ready to go.
>>
>>35074730
SS+GOMAD
>>
If you need motivation, then you lack discipline

It's like saying prevention is better than cure. Rather than just using a temporary fix (motivation) which you'd have to apply each and every time, just work on a permanent fix, harder as it may supposedly be (discipline)

Don't try and convince yourself why you should go, just pick yourself up and go
>>
>>35074730
If you need motivation, you are NEVER going to get into fitness.

Discipline or kill yourself, fucking cunt faggot piece of shit fatass.
>>
>>35074984
holy fuck you can't be this stupid right?
You can't talk like that until you fucking lift you idiot.
>>
>>35074730

lmao you seem like such a pathetic excuse for a man

what you need is DISCIPLINE, you already have motivation
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.