[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bad Habits Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: 1419930987757.png (37 KB, 807x662) Image search: [Google]
1419930987757.png
37 KB, 807x662
>What are you doing to fuck up your progress /fit/?

For me its
>smoking cigarettes ~.25-.5 pack a day
>drinking anywhere from 2-6 energy drinks per day
>stay up really late and sleep in really late
>>
Been smoking for years and a pack lasts me a week or two. Don't know how people can go through a pack a day. And I drink a Monster energy drink once a day. And I stay up late/all the time too, but get 8-9 hours of naps throughout the day.
>>
>The year of our Lord two thousand and fifteen
>Smoking

Why don't you find a faster way of killing yourself?
>>
Used to smoke a lot, quit about a month ago.
Staying up really late.
Not eating enough protein.
Not counting calories enough.
>>
>>35073824

Like sugar, caffeine, or obesity?
>>
drinking 1-2 bottles of booze every weekend
not counting calories
>>
>>35073802
>stay up really late and sleep in really late
What's wrong with this?
>>
Switch to swedish snus, its cheaper, wont kill you, and most importantly wont make you chronically ill and praying for death once you hit middle age.
>>
>>35073831
l.o.l.

literally the only reason people smoke is to look cool and then they're too bitch to quit. Enjoy your painful death.

>smoking kills people so hard
>compares it to caffeine
>>
coffee
carb binge eating (at most once a week, though)
slacking off, I should be studying right now
>>
File: 1438122490886.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1438122490886.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>35073873
>literally the only reason people smoke is to look cool

This has gotta be b8 but are you fucking serious?!?!? people smoke because they like it. smoking is the best thing in the entire world. its like winning the lottery fifteen times a day. It also kills you but shit nigga, are you fucking serious?
>>
>>35073802
Right now it's cheat day, so I'm making sure to get it all out of my system. So far I've gotten high and eaten:

>one extra large brooklyn style pizza from domino's
>one deep dish 10 topping custom pizza from domino's
>one cheesy bread with marinara sauce from domino's
>entire pack of pita bread and truffle hummus
>gingerbread rudolph
>Canadian chinese food: pork fried rice, deep fried prawns, chicken chow mein, half order of spicy chicken
>Lindt chocolate bar with sea salt
>2L rootbeer
>8 beers and about a cup of bailey's straight
>half an additional slice of pizza from another place
>two fortune cookies
>baked pretzel
I think I may have gone overboard but I'm still fucking starving.
>>
>>35073903
>wew lad
>>
>>35073903
oh and
>one pack of noodles, dry
>small pack of pocky
>>
>>35073873

>ignores the mention of sugar

Sugar is the leading cause to obesity. Sugar is put in everything in America, from their soda to their peanut butter to their fucking yogurt. Smoking a pack of cigarettes a day takes 10 years off your life. I hardly know of anybody who smokes that much besides older people close to death anyways. Yet there's a huge agenda to make smoking look gross and not cool. Obesity can also trim 10 years off your life, yet fat acceptance is a thing. It's a shame senpai. Add Type 2 Diabetes and that's another 10 years. Type 1 and up to 20 years. People also attract high blood pressure and heart disease from being fat. Research found that high blood pressure at the age of 50 cut off about 5 years of men's and women's lives, and also caused them to endure 7 more years with cardiovascular disease compared with their peers who had normal blood pressure in middle-age.

So yeah lets put a tax on tobacco and charge higher medical insurance rates because it kills people, but completely ignore sugar and be fine with fat acceptance. My Uncle was a fit looking man that ran his own tree cutting company. He never smoked a day in his life, but drank a 12 pack of soda everyday and nothing but fast food. Died at 45 to a heart attack.
>>
>>35073903
You're either The Mountain or a fucking obese cunt.
>>
File: 1445819995376.jpg (636 KB, 1088x816) Image search: [Google]
1445819995376.jpg
636 KB, 1088x816
> Drink 30+ beers weekly
> Fast food usually once a week
> Drink soda
> Not counting protein intake
> Skip ab work

Only one I'm really troubled by is the soda, I just can't fucking quit drinking it. Like, I don't buy it for myself anymore and I don't freak out or get cravings no matter how many days I go without it, but I just can't say no if offered.
>>
>>35073941
I had to get it out of my system brah

I'm on a cut
>>
>>35073895
Yeah it's not that good. Cigarettes are trash tier, cigars and pipes are good. But tobacco isn't some magical shit.
>>
File: 1363300452736.jpg (40 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
1363300452736.jpg
40 KB, 600x402
>>35073802
>get heavily stoned irregular amounts through the weeks for years
>eat shit carb sources because I cant be fucked to cook rice (bagels, bread etc.)
>eat shit protein sources because cant be fucked cooking loads of meat (greek yoghurt, boiled eggs, cans of tuna etc.)

>Still eat lots of veg and macro timing correct.
Out of interest how much does fit think it'll improve my gains if I did chicken / fish / steak, rice + veg meals 4 - 5 times a day (aiming to build lean mass)
>>
>>35073938

> Fat acceptance is a thing

Yea, but only fatties have it, most people think it's a joke.

Also, while smoking cuts 10 years off your life in general the quality of your life declines sharply for a much longer period of time.

Yea, you die at 74 instead of 84, but you wake up coughing your lungs out every day from 40 and won't be able to get up a flight of stairs without losing your breath from 35
>>
>>35073938

I HAVE A THYROID CONDITION, YOU DON'T GENETICALLY SMOKE SHITLORD
>>
>What are you doing to fuck up your progress /fit/?

>Started smoking again after abstaining for 2 years. Now smoking more than I ever did (1-2 packs a day)
>Extreme procrastinator when it comes to anything other than working out
>Have massive sweet tooth and end up eating sweets more often then I'd like
>Easily pressured into going out for fast food and shit with friends
>>
>>35073903

you know most of that shit is gonna come back up, right?

i'm a fatass and i can't eat anywhere near that much in a day.
>>
>>35074057
It's been 2 hours since I finished the last of it off, which was the pita bread.

I'm starving again. I don't know what to do. This weed is so strong and I can't stop smoking it. I almost ordered another pizza but I realize that would be stupid.
>>
>>35073802
>2-6 energy drinks
>Smoking daily
wow.
>>
>>35074068
>Already consumed the yearly calorie intake of half of Africa
>Still want more food.
>>
>>35073938
There's also the fact that if you don't eat you will die. If you don't smoke, you'll surely live longer.

Smoking is fucking gross. I literally laugh at people smoking cigarettes and call them retarded every day. Nicotine is rad tho. I smoked for a long fucking time and switched to snus because breathing smoke is a shitty fucking route of administration and vaping is fedora. Nobody even knows I use nicotine wherever I want. You need everyone to know. It's posturing you beta faggot. Why don't you smoke a pipe? That's cool too right? Oh no that's for fedoras, cigarettes are for me cause I'm a cool guy.
>>
>>35074090
I'm so fucking hungry
>>
>math grad
>gets most of my work done around 12 to 2am
>drink coffee
>stay up late
>eat ice cream
>destroy my sleep pattern
Hurr durr convert coffee to theorems my ass. Literally made no progress both in the gym and in my office since last month.
>>
>>35073802
posting in your gay ass thread
>>
>Drinking beer

That's about it, I've quitted smoking 4 months ago and stopped recently with drinking coke and eating doritos
>>
>>35073802
Drinking every weekend
>>
kinda spontaneous about my meals; I mean my calories are dialled in so the cut is going good but I'm so fucking lazy I just can't be bothered to cook real food most days so I just buy some quick and easy shit to throw in the microwave, or pizza or bagels or some shit. Pretty shit-tier food in general. Oh well, still making gains and still losing fat so w/e.

Oh and chocolate. Can't quit that shit. Some days I'll just not eat dinner and eat 1000 kcal of chocolate instead.
>>
>>35073895
It's the dopamine-rush equivalent of winning the lottery fifteen times a day but nothing of value is actually gained

>trying to defend your physical addiction and mental weakness
>>
>>35073895
Of course there's also the more physical addiction that make it seem to you like there's more to it. But most people I know started because they thought it makes them look like cool people. Actually, many of them (not all) taught themselves all these little mannerisms to look more casual while doing it.
>Doing little tricks with zippo
>Running through the building with cigarette in his mouth
>Have an angry/thoughtful facial expression while smoking
>etc

Most of the stuff can't even be put into words, but I always thought that it looks tryhard af.
>>
>lots of coffee
>lots of cardio
>carb binges every month or so, sometimes more frequent
>>
Fapping to traps
>>
>>35073802
I honestly can't think of anything. I always am on point with nutrition and my macros, go to sleep at the same time every night and wake up at the same time every morning, have never smoked, did drugs, or had a sip of alcohol in my entire life, don't consume caffeine or sugar.

Fuck I must be Autism.
>>
>>35073871
>wont make you chronically ill and praying for death once you hit middle age.
Tobacco is tobacco you idiot. You'll get different cancers that's all, throat and stomach rather than lung. Enjoy that.
>>
>>35075728
>>35073889
>>35073831
What's wrong with Coffee / Caffeine or Cardio?

Y'all talking in excess right?
>>
>Smoke tobacco a lot
>Drink coffe a lot
>Stay up late
>Dont take care of what i eat

Still look really good though
>>
>>35073802
>What are you doing to fuck up your progress /fit/

Doing SS for 6 months
>>
I smoke 0.5g of weed everyday I don't add tobacco. how fucked does my lungs get?
>>
>>35073903
Bulimia?
>>
Sunday now, probably drank around 3000 calories worth of shit this weekend. Plus all the crap I ate.

So much for gains and dreams of being lean.
>>
>>35073982
>tuna
>eggs
>shit protein sources
>>
>>35075908
how that ain't even enough for one J
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.