[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: QTDDTOT.jpg (135 KB, 999x624) Image search: [Google]
QTDDTOT.jpg
135 KB, 999x624
I am new to lifting and having some issues with squats, i cant do low bar squats no matter what because my wrists always feel like the are holding the bar and it hurts, when i can get my hands, arm and wrist lined up in a way like rippletits said(I am not very flexible so getting my arms back is difficult) in his bar positioning video my wrists feel a horrible sharp pain, like they are being crushed from within at the point where it connects to the hand
I can do 1pl8 high bar squats but i keep leaning forward and on the front of my feet, if i try to keep them flat i start falling backwards, and i have fallen on my ass once. My first rep is relatively stable but it gets worse and worse until my 5th rep(Luckily its at the end of my set) where i usually have to stand up immediately as i am falling forward and let it just fall into the rack
I am about 6'3 and have flat feet
>>
I've been lifting and hitting the gym since May. Should I be doing all my reps until failure, or stick to gradually increase once it gets too easy to do, say, a 12-10-8 set?
>>
Is candito's linear program any good?

Secondary to that, if I do candito's linear program and want to run three days a week, would I be best off going on the heavy upper day and on the two control days, or when?
>>
How do I choose between 2 /fit/ related hobbies? It's really hard to combine lifting and basketball and be good at both, so I kinda have to choose which to focus on. Both have their pros and cons.
>>
>>35073666
Training to failure is a tricky question with no clear answer. I'm not a medical professional myself but a physical therapist I've spoken to basically said the safest thing is to train as close to failure as possible while still maintaining good form.

>my own question
I want to start supplementing. Creatine, l-carnitine, green tea and vitamine D3. All aimed at improving my health, that's the primary concern. I get enough omega 3 fats already, so fish oil is not required. Anything else you'd recommend guys? I do cardio and weightlifting 3 times a week each, on alternating days.
>>
>>35073729
whichever you enjoy more
>>
>took a dump
>wiping
>notice some blood
I've noticed this before. Why does this happen? I am not homosex
>>
File: pain.png (76 KB, 316x284) Image search: [Google]
pain.png
76 KB, 316x284
I've posted about this injury before, but it's sharp pain in pic related area, which I made much worse by deadlifting on Friday. It's sharp pain which hurts when I walk.

When do you think I should get back to squatting and deadlifting? Because I thought the pain was over a few days ago and it just came back worse. I'm scared of thinking it's better but just hurting myself more.
>>
Guys, this is a bit of a weird question, but do you mind it when your otherwise lean gf gets a bit chubby from bulking? I'm just gaining about 5-10 lbs, it's mainly in my legs, but I need to do it to gain muscle. Obviously I'm gonna be thick, solid, tight for summer again.
>>
>>35073755
Unless you live in a shit hole 3rd world country, maybe visit a doctor?
>>
>>35073744
But I like both
>>
>>35073794
Yeah but you like one more than the other.
The thought of leaving one bums you out more than leaving the other.
>>
File: 14327297994810.png (179 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
14327297994810.png
179 KB, 900x900
>>35073646
Hey, /fit/, how you usually trains when you depressed?
Don't want to train, but I need some pain in muscles, not in soul.
>>
>>35073752

Did you have to really press to get it out? Could be a rift or colon cancer. If there's not blood in the stool then you're probably fine. Likewise if it rarely happens. If there's blood everytime you shit you're probably ded though.
>>
>>35073741
>Creatine, l-carnitine, green tea

Not needed and won't improve your health a lot. Green tea is arguably good, but we're talking small percentages here. Don't drink that shit foul tasting shit unless you enjoy it.

>vitamine D3

Good if you live in a part of the world where it's currently dark and cold as shit, otherwise not needed.
>>
>>35073840
Go for a brisk walk in the morning to get the endorphins going then realise that working out will make me feel better.
>>
>>35073646
if im 200lbs ~6ft and 20% bf should i keep bulking or go on calorie deficit? ideally i would like to get to under 15% bf and maintain there
>>
>>35073755
stretch and do light body weight squats if you can stand it until it heals, otherwise just wait it out until its healed, soft tissue injuries like that can take a couple months to heal
>>
>>35073823
Shit, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks bruv.

>>35073866
>I want to lose bodyfat%
>Should I cut?
Looks like you kinda answered your own question, doesn't it?
>>
>>35073883
thanks, i forgot to add some information:
i just started lifting again after not lifting for 2 years, so i was wondering if i should take advantage of beginner gains or if i will still experience beginner gains a couple months down the road after losing 10 pounds of fat
>>
>>35073921
If I were you, I would either cut and start lifting again (you'll just stall a little earlier), or lift until you stall, then cut. Depends on your goals and timeframe for the 15%bf.
>>
>>35073848
Nah didn't press or force anything.
It happens maybe twice a year or so. No blood in the stool itself. Probably fine then, eh?
Thanks anon.
>>
>>35073883
no problem, friend.
curious what you're leaning towards.
also, can you dunk?
>>
>>35073935
thanks man, i think you just swayed me to cut my pudge first then bulk after
>>
>>35073999
Not yet. I started playing 2 years ago, but got fucked by injuries a lot, so I haven't been playing for almost a year. I did lift a lot during that time and got to 4/3/2/1 in a couple of months.

I'm actually more reluctant to quit lifting because of size and strength loss (I still think I'm too small at 6'3, 220lbs), but I like basketball a lot more. Still have to decide.
>>
>>35073988

Had the same problem and went to the doctor. She more or less put a camera through all my intestines, no need to worry. Was recommended to eat more fiber. Just keep an eye out for it, and make sure that the blood isn't very dark or red. You probably just had a rift in ya' poo poo.
>>
>>35074029

Daniel?
>>
>>35074029
Why not both?Not like you can't do both.And be good at both.
>>
>>35074100
Nope, sorry bro.

>>35074136
progressing on lifts is annoying when you're still sore from all that cardio, but I think I'll try it out. Maybe I'll lift twice a week instead of 3 times.
>>
>>35074058
Will keep in mind.
Much appreciated, anon
>>
I'm 180lbs and 5'5 after 6 months of not exercising or doing any kind of sport I finally started exercising on a daily basis. The only problem is that I'm still eating alot so I'm not noticing any difference. So can someone give me some tips on how to stop eating alot. Thanks in advance
>>
How can I stop getting boners randomly for no reason? It might really fuck up my job if I get caught. I already went through this shit when I was teenager. Why is it suddenly returning when I'm 24?
>>
>>35074206
myfitnesspal
>>
about to start my first cut. looking to go from 15-16% to around 10-12% body fat. i'll probably gauge how much further i go once i reach 12%.

so i need to lose about 10-15 lb of hopefully pure fat. what is some good advice? i'm obviously going to be eating 500 calories below my TDEE, but what should i do about my routine?

i'm doing PPL and it's pretty heavy volume, it's 6 days a week and a 3x5 or 5x5 for alternating compounds and then 3x8-12 accessory sets. i've been bulking at 3000 calories a day and it's still been fairly exhausting.

i'm thinking of either keeping the 3x5's for compounds and just dropping the 3x8-12's to just 2 sets instead. or i was also thinking of just dropping the routine completely and going with a 3-4 day split.

any advice?
>>
>>35074206

Read the fucking sticky and put the fork down.
>>
>>35074233

Lessen the volume when you start failing. Increase your proton intake while on the cut. You'll lose strength either way.
>>
File: x7a[1].png (13 KB, 320x316) Image search: [Google]
x7a[1].png
13 KB, 320x316
how long/ often should i do this hip flexor stretch to unfuck my pelvic tilt?
>>
>>35074242

how much strength you think i'm gonna lose?

right now i'm sitting on a 120 ohp, 170 bench, 260 squat, and a 290 deadlift all for 1 rep @ 170 lb 5'7. planning on going down to 155-160. i know i already have a poverty bench and i'm pretty scared it'll drop even lower. how much strength do you think i'm gonna lose? it shouldn't matter that much since i can gain it back pretty fast when i bulk again though right?
>>
>>35074370
Not the guy you responded to, but with adequate diet and stimulus from training your body doesn't tend to drain muscle unless you do a massive defecit. I'm not going to throw numbers around, it would differ from person to person, but you should lose very little strength.
>>
>>35074401

alright well thanks for the advice man. but i'd also like to ask for your opinion, do you think those weights are pretty respectable? i feel like a pussy for not sticking it through and trying to get 1/2/3/4 for 1 rep for my first cut to make it more of a milestone, but i've been working out since last september and i haven't gotten my abs yet.

started out super skinny-fat, fucked around in the gym for 3 months and lost enough weight to be just skelly as fuck, and i've basically been bulking since then. can definitely see my abs at this weight, so i think 155 would be a good lean weight for some definition. i just feel small as fuck :(
>>
>>35074422
It's fine, worry more about progression than dick measuring. You're already better than brosplit normies for the most part anyway
>>
>>35073646
open up your hips more if youre taller

its nearly impossible for tall guys to high bar squat with femurs foward, especially without lifting shoes
>>
Question to /fit/izens in relationships

How do you balance your diet/training with your girlfriend? Especially if she doesn't lift or doesn't take it as seriously
>>
File: sadness rules my life.png (74 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
sadness rules my life.png
74 KB, 412x351
Any medfags about? I don't usually do this but I'm pretty deperate.

For a week I've been getting these awful pain attack due to what the doctors believe to be kidneystones. They must be relatively small though because a scan couldn't pick them up. Any advice on how to get rid of them? They're killing me.
>>
>>35074683
You can try to get her into lifting/sports as well. If she really doesn't want that, try explaining to her how important this is to you, and how you'd appreciate her support.
>>
I've got an injury. It's not too bad but it's stopping me from lifting. How can I optimize recovery in terms of macros, calories, rest, etc? I was bulking, should I stop bulking for my week off for just carry on?
>>
File: 1435176217594.jpg (193 KB, 690x720) Image search: [Google]
1435176217594.jpg
193 KB, 690x720
Is it common to get injuries when starting out or am I going to hard or something?

I've been lifting for about 3 months now, and I have a lot of the usual fuck ups from sitting at a computer all day - shoulders round forwards, posterior pelvic tilt, tight neck and so on. I stretch pretty religiously every day, but in the 3 months since lifting I've had to take almost 3 weeks off squats due to some sort of groin injury i had that made squatting unbearable, and since my last session 3 days ago I've had this pretty debilitating shoulder pain, that causes my shoulder to spasm almost if i move it the wrong way.

It's pretty depressing since i don't think i'll be doing any lifting for a week at least whilst this shoulder settles down. I can't even work out what caused it, and it feels like I'm taking all the steps I can to try and prevent injury. Any advice in this department?
>>
>>35074708
Drink more water
>>
Does a 4 day split for PPL exist?
If no, then what novice/almost intermediate programs would you recommend that are 4 days?
>>
>>35075309
Maybe check out a PHUL routine
>>
>>35073646
Thumbless grip might help you keeping the wrists flat. As for high bar I think you're using too much weight if you're not able to stabilise yourself.
>>35073763
I don't think anyone would mind you getting a bit chubby. Being fat is one of the last reasons you'll be dumped for unless you really let yourself go.
>>35074218
Flex quads abs and glutes to direct blood flow elsewhere
>>35074279
That's really personal. Take however long it takes.
>>35074923
No point in gaining weight without resistance training. Most of it will be fat. You can work around your injury depending on the severity.
>>35074967
Post form checks in /plg/ and lower the weight
>>
>>35073763
naw senpai, bulkan is important.
>>
File: aDmy7D7_700b.jpg (57 KB, 584x798) Image search: [Google]
aDmy7D7_700b.jpg
57 KB, 584x798
How do I measure BF% ??
>>
>>35075959
Callipers
>>
>>35075977
Ok callipers. How?
>>
>>35075993
Google
>>
File: ohp.png (95 KB, 689x571) Image search: [Google]
ohp.png
95 KB, 689x571
are u supposed to retract your scapulae while overhead pressing as you would when benching? should u flex your hips like in pic when doing seated ohp? or just keep ur back against the seat
>>
>>35073646
Have you tried putting babby plates under your heels, m8?
>>
Can someone rate my routine please? I'm getting out of the beginner stages and want to make sure I'm not being a retard.

5'11 165 lbs
OHP: 130
Bench: 210
Squat: 310
Deadlift: 390

Sunday:
Squat 5x5 (75% 1RM)
Deadlift 1x5 (New 5RM)

Tuesday:
Squat 2x5 (recovery, 80% of Sunday's workout)
Bench Press 3x6
Barbell Row 3x6
OHP 1x6
Weighted Chinup 1x6
Incline DB Bench 3x8-12
Face Pulls 3x8-12

Thursday:
Squat 1x5 (New 5RM)
Weighted Hyperextensions 3x8-12
Weighted Situps 3x8-12

Friday:
Spoto Press 6x4
Pause Barbell Rows 6x4
OHP 1x10
Weighted Chinups 1x10
Closegrip Bench 3x8-12
Curls 3x8-12
>>
So I'm in the middle of a cut right now and I'm struggling to meet the goal of 1g protein/lb bodyweight while still being under calories (1400). I'm still like 30% bf so would it be safe to assume that I can eat closer to 0.7g/lb bodyweight of protein and still prevent muscle loss? I can't afford to eat chicken breast for every meal.
>>
>>35076185
>1400 cals
Holy shit, dude. You must feel like shit with eating that little. I wouldn't drop below 1800-2000 cals unless you're a super manlet.
>>
>>35076232
I'm 5'4" and a grill.
>>
>>35076298
Oh, okay. Then yeah, if you have pretty high bf, just aim for as much protein as you can. 0.7g/lb bw would be fine. Muscle loss while cutting is a bit over-exaggerated. Usually until dropping below really low bf levels (8-10% for men, not sure for women) almost no muscle loss will occur.
>>
please help me with this one.

Due to my busy lifestyle i am hardly home to eat a proper meal. What can i cook at home and take with me which also tastes good cold?

chicken + broccoli tastes like death cold
>>
When I do barbell rows should I keep my scapulae retracted like in the bench press or extend my shoulders down for maximum ROM?
>>
>>35076466
Chicken salad
>>
where do I put my hands on the bar during The Press.

Currently I put them shoulderwidth apart, but sometimes its uncomfortable on my collarbone.
>>
>>35076595
Watch the alan thrall video on ohp, really informative.
Its basically more about your elbows then your hands
>>
>>35076595
>sticky
>>
>>35076466
Chicken/tuna/egg salads, wraps/tacos, pasta if that's your thing. I personally like cold fried rice and cold pizza, but that's my personal preference.
>>
>>35076072
?? plz
>>
Not really fitness related, but someone posted a painting of a emperor-like guy on a white horse, whilst being admired by a good dozen of girls some months ago. Can't find it on my harddrive anymore, i want that thing on my wall.
>>
can some please post the start meditating infographic made from /fit/?

i can't seem to find it
>>
Ever since I changed up my arms routine I've felt this sort of dull pain in both of my forearms. After I set the bar down after curls my arm kind of locks up and it takes a second or two before I can actually rotate it without any pain. Went to the doctor and they said they had no clue and it could just be my "muscles growing". Anyone got a better idea what it could be?
>>
My left delt is a bit weaker than my right which tends to fuck up my OHP progression. Is there any harm in just performing the same exercise with dumbbells to try and correct it, or do you really need to be sitting to do db shoulder presses?
>>
File: 1448726989703.jpg (147 KB, 629x573) Image search: [Google]
1448726989703.jpg
147 KB, 629x573
Should I get tattoos when I make it?
>>
My work capacity is shit. My muscle resistance is shit and need several minutes rests everytime for everything.

How do I increase my work capacity and muscle resistance so I need shorter rests and can do more volume?
>>
>>35077067
no
>>
What is a good Upper/Lower 4 day split for someone who has been fucking around at the gym for about 4 months?
>>
Any recommendation for back exercises where the spine is moving? Like flexing, extending and twisting? As opposed to being stable as something else moves like pull ups, or rows, etc.
>>
>>35076072
>>35076666

No I don't think so, personally i try and have the bar somewhat infront of me. You want your OHP to go up in a straight line FOR SURE but just reference 2-3 videos online, if you find good Youtube channels then you should get a better reference for what it looks like.

When you're lifting straight up using your shoulders you're going to have to lean back a bit to give the bar room to move, but not so much as to feel it in your spine or back IMO.
>>
>>35073666
Depends a lot on your muscle group and routine.

If you go until failure for a lot of exercises on all muscle groups then you'll be staunting your growth because your sacrificing intensity for volume.

Generally I think that arms, calves and traps benefit most from increased reps (20+ range) so that you get a hell of a pump. The small the muscle the better it is to do more reps with less intensity.

the key is that IF you do more sets you SHOULD take time to have GREAT contractions and control. Your body-momentum curls of a 60 lbs barbell aren't impressive, but if you use only your biceps with slow and continuous motion then it's good.

Linear progression is important as well. The reason Strong Lifts and shit is so well respected is because you're doing only a few lifts as heavy as possible, if all you do is rep till failure over and over then you don't get as clear of an idea of the weight you put on. Stick to a routine and follow it.
>>
Will traditional English Sunday roasts kill my gains?

My family loves having one every weekend and I don't want to be rude and cook up my own lean meats and stuff
>>
I'm deadlifting for the first time tomorrow, anything that I should keep in mind?
>>
My right knee clicks audibly when I squat. Its happened since some drunk bitch donkey kicked my knee when I was in the club.

Should I be worried?
>>
>>35073646

At what do arms graduate to big-boy status? Currently sitting at a pretty puny 13 1/2 inch unflexed and 15 1/2 flexed.

16 unflexed the standard? Or being able to curl 40lbs dumbells?
>>
>>35077667
Drive with your hips, keep your arms fully extended, wear shoes with no cushioning if you can, keep your spine in place from start to finish.

Good luck!
>>
>>35077670
No pain though? I'd give it a break.
I would still squat but with lighter weight. Think of getting the area working and moving but not straining.
>>
>>35077692
What does drive with hips mean? What position should I keep my shoulder/upper back in?
>>
>>35077707
Yeah no pain, thanks for the suggestion man
>>
>>35076836
Quite common issue. You don't have the prerequisite wrist mobility to be doing straight bar (possible even EZ-bar) curls. Your wrists don't like to be locked into that position.
Maybe you are flexible enough but simply "twisting" your arms without thinking about it when the set gets tough i.e. you unknowingly try to turn a supinated curl into a hammer curl, because that's a stronger position bio-mechanically speaking.

Either way, don't just ignore it as it can turn into a nasty injury.

>>35076921
Standing shoulder press with DBs is fine.

>>35077263
Simple. Do more work and take less rest. You have to force it.
Steady state cardio also helps.

>>35077547
>Any recommendation for back exercises where the spine is moving?
Yeah, don't. It's not recommended for a reason.

>>35077649
>Will traditional English Sunday roasts kill my gains?
No.

>>35077667
#1 Don't lift by picking the bar "up". Instead lift by using tension in your hamstrings to thrust your hips forward, which will automatically straighten you out. Think back-and-forth, not up-and-down.
#2 Keep the bar CLOSE to your legs during the lift. Don't let it drift away.
#3 Tense your lats to keep back straight. Think about "putting your shoulderblades into your pockets".
>>
>>35074967

I had groin issues for a short while because my knees were going outward too far. Consult videos for form, get someone who's decent to watch you, lower weight and do very slow controlled reps. Also make sure your knees don't go too far forward either.

>>35076138
>almost 4pl8 diddy at 165 lbs
>beginner

You seem to have little volume aside from friday, but given that you seem to be focusing on strength and that its working I think its fine. Your muscle groups seem to be worked pretty evenly.

All I'd add is perhaps to have some type of ab exercise one a week, maybe dumbel lunges for obliques/grip strength while working legs and then maybe something directly for traps rather than just OHP.

But you're stronger than me so who knows.
>>
File: sketch-1448820401561.jpg (49 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1448820401561.jpg
49 KB, 540x960
>>35073646
Can I have a rate of my posture drugys? Is my spine too rounded inwards/my neck protruding too much forward? Pls halp, I need to fix my shit while I'm still at nooby lifts.
>>
>>35077667
Don't round your back. And be sure to use you abs so you don't bend your back the other way.
>>
>>35077743
>Quite common issue. You don't have the prerequisite wrist mobility to be doing straight bar (possible even EZ-bar) curls. Your wrists don't like to be locked into that position.
>Maybe you are flexible enough but simply "twisting" your arms without thinking about it when the set gets tough i.e. you unknowingly try to turn a supinated curl into a hammer curl, because that's a stronger position bio-mechanically speaking.
>Either way, don't just ignore it as it can turn into a nasty injury.

Should I move to dumb bells then? I'm home gym right now and I've only got a barbell to work with for the next two months.
>>
>>35073646
Wanna start boxing soon.
But before that I'd like to get more /fit/.
Besides cardio, how should I workout?
Heard conflicting ideas on how I should prepare for this w/ lifting, would it be best to start with a full-body workout with high reps low vol, or push hard with low weight and stick with cardio?
Any routines out there anyone here has tried here, who've been in the same situation? Would SS/SL with more focus on back and abs be a good idea?
>>
>>35077743
>>35077764
Should I wear a belt the first time?
>>
>>35077834
+ curls ofc
>>
>>35077835
No.

Belts are a crutch to be able to circumvent the asymmetric growth of different muscles. When you're lifting heavy enough that your core, lower or upperback can't safely maintain the weight then you can use a belt.

But until then you should try and do all your diddy's raw double-overhand so that you work your entire body.
>>
>>35077835
I vote no.
Learn the proper form, get used to the lift and progress with the weight. After a while, a belt might be useful. But maybe not.
>>
>>35077834
IMO boxing should set you up better for boxing.

Depending on your routine you'll end up limiting your flexibility/range of motion through heavy lifts.

If you want to get strong for boxing then find whoever you want to learn from and ask THEM what you should work out using. Chances are its all explosive, chances are a lot of cardio and balance stuff.
>>
>>35077758
B-bump
>>
>>35077804
>Should I move to dumb bells then?
Would be best. At least keep the curls light. Make them harder by contracting harder, doing more reps, taking shorter rest periods etc. Just avoid using too much weight.
You can also simply curl with weight plates. E.g. a 10 kg plate in each hand. When you train at home you've gotta be creative.

>>35077835
No. Belt won't help with form.
>>
>>35077743
Any recommendations for a wrestler looking to prehab his back?
>>
>>35077901
Retard alert
>>
>>35077758
imagine someone pulling your sternum slightly forward and up. That will set your shoulders back and bring your neck/head into better alignment. My two cents.
>>
>>35077964
>name calling
>baseless assertion
>no contrary argument

Wow. Anyway, I'm not >>35077901
, but he said that very accurately and concisely. Couldn't have said it better myself.
>>
I ended up getting a pain in my elbow from doing one armed tricep extensions. I.... i..ignored it.. and well I feel it when I do bench, but it doesn't appear to affect my strength nor does it really affect my reps in dips. It just hurts and I can't really do tricep exercised like I want.

I ask here because I'm afraid to Google shit cause it makes me freak out and get all scared.

Anyway, what could it be, am I going to die? How can I recover without losing my upper body strength? I've been lifting with the problem for at least 3 months now and it doesn't seem to get worse.
>>
Can I replace Bent-over row with DB row in my program?
Is there a difference?
>>
What are /fit/ approved movies?
I'm bored and want to watch one
>>
>>35078155
Bump for a more experienced answer than mine.

I feel better doing BB rows, but maybe it's my form with DB's. But I generally do both as a superset, using the DB's after the BB. I just have a vague notion that DB's help with symmetry and BB's help with strength.
>>
>>35078208

Pain & Gain
>>
File: IMG_20151129_125606.jpg (38 KB, 520x282) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151129_125606.jpg
38 KB, 520x282
>doing db pulls
>supporting elbow locked out
>feel sharp pain
>hurts to even out weight on it when straight now
See red spot. How serious could this be?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-29-19-42-06.png (496 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-29-19-42-06.png
496 KB, 540x960
>>35077972
Thanks for that cue, it definitely helped, still not sure if my back is normally curved Tbh.
>>
>>35078290
qt
>>
can anyone recommend a beginner hiit routine that can be done at home?
>>
>>35078327
Run 2 mi. mon, wed, fri, and do situps, pushups, and calisthenics tue, thurs, sat. Rest on Sunday, repeat for 6 months, then get back with me.
>>
>>35078298
T-thanks, y-you too
>>
I have shit arm genetics and my upper body lifts are lagging. I want to become better at chinups and OHP, which I think are my worst lifts. Will adding bicep/tricep accessories at the end of every workout help? I think those are my weak points as everytime I fail I do so in the second half of the movement both in chinups and ohp.
>>
>>35078419
You should start with the routine that exposes your weaknesses, not end with it. Do a compound life that emphasizes it, and then follow up with isolation lifts for it.

So in your case, start with the bench or dips, isolate your tricep with push downs, skull crushers, or one armed extensions; then do BB curls, and a superset of seated DB curls and isolation curls.

Do your other shit after that, but that should get your arms pretty big.
>>
glutes seriously holding me back from adding any more weight to my squat. What are some good exercises I can do to target my ass without my legs/back overcompensating for them?
>>
>>35078378
i am already lifting weights. i just want something for my off days to assist my cut.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 448x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 448x750
I need someone to tell me once and for all if it is absolutely truly necessary to do a program like starting strength or strong lifts and get to an intermediate level before lifting for aesthetics.

I have two herniated discs and the risk of reinjuring them during a lift like dead lift or squat is too great. I've already hurt myself a couple times despite increasing my flexibility and mobility. And I find that I can complete upper/lower or PPL splits without hurting myself.

Can I get aesthetic and strong Like this?
>>
>>35078568
weighted glute bridges
>>
>>35077952
Don't know much about wrestling, but generally things that strengthen your low back would be great, I guess. So deadlift variations in particular.
Lots of varied ab work would probably be good too.

>>35078127
Very common problem. If you've been ignoring the pain for a long time then it will probably take equally long time to go away again, providing you stop irritating it.
If you want to avoid getting this kind of elbow pain again in the future, the solution is quite simply to warm up better (and also not doing triceps extension with super heavy weights i.e. fewer than 8 reps). If you can't be bothered to do a general warm-up, then at least doing a few high-reps sets (25+) of curls before you train your triceps work well. Doing that forces a ton of fluid into your elbow joint.

>>35078155
>Is there a difference?
Depends. If you mimic the same movement then the exercises are essentially the same.
But there are many ways to row, regardless of whether you use a dumbbell or barbell.

>>35078419
You will always fail both chins and OHP in the second half of the movement. That's just the way the strength curve is. That said, extra arm work might still help.
>>
>>35078598
>absolutely truly necessary to do a program like starting strength or strong lifts and get to an intermediate level before lifting for aesthetics.
It's not. It's a fallacy.
Yes, it is easier to get bigger when you're stronger. However, it's also easier to get stronger when you bigger. It works both ways and there is no reason you have to "built a strength base".

On a different note, best thing I ever did for my herniated disc was beginning to deadlift and squat properly. If you have a fucked up back, you will want to strengthen it, not treat it like a bitch.
>>
>>35078598
>Can I get aesthetic and strong Like this?

Theoretically yes, but you will most likely take forever and give up. Even thoush SS is a stupid meme workout for retards the idea is sound. You do big lifts to work lots of stuff at once. If all your shit is snapped up you can only do small isolation lifts. It still works but it takes a lot longer when you're a beginner. Just do like a push/pull/legs split and use machines instead of stuff like squats.

Chances are you won't get all that strong but getting big shouldn't be an issue- most people that just want to look big do isolation stuff after a while anyway.
>>
>>35073646
anyone ever had laser surgery for eyes?

>tfw want to get on the special forces
>getting phisically prepared this next two years
>use contact lenses

feels bad, I want to ask if it's safe, if it worked and all those questions fom someone that had it
>>
I have forearm pronation from computer usage, and I'm noticing it affects how well I can activate certain muscles on my lifts.
Is there a way to correct this, aside from surgery?
>>
>>35078676
Is there a way to get stronger? Say for instance once you are able to do 3 sets of 12 for a weight, moving up 5lbs and then lifting that until you can achieve 12 reps, and so on? I saw someone say this in another thread and it sounded reasonable so I wondered if there was any validity to it
>>
>>35073646
anyone knows the program for the 100push ups? I dont remember the name and theres a load of them

did it once and worked well, and after over a year without doing them I can still pull my max when I was doing it, 30 with good form.
>>
>>35073646
want to be able to run 8km in under 60 minutes with a heavy backpack

doing the couch to 5k program this week, will this interfere in my lifting? I'm not sure if I should run on my rest days or when I lift
>>
>>35078774
One of the most common and best ways of progression your just described. Can be done in any rep range of course and with any number of sets. Add reps up until a point, then add weight and drop the number of reps and work back up. Rinse repeat.
It's very effective.

>>35078745
>forearm pronation
That doesn't make any sense, pal. That's not a diagnosis.
>>
>>35078598
>meh face, might just be a bad facial photo though
>average ass
>would still fuck it like there's no tomorrow

what is it guys? I've fapped yesterday and had sex the day before that too
god bless being 19 I guess
>>
What type of injury is it if it is sharp pain that gets better when you put pressure on it and only hurts if you move? It's my lower back on the right and it does not hurt if I put a pillow under it or lay on my right side so it's compressed.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 448x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 448x750
>>35078850
You are absolutely right about this girl, however something about her drives me absolutely crazy
>>
>>35078850
>Would have sex with a female
Wew m8 it's almost like you're a human male. We all like to post pictures of the best of the best, but c'mon, guys will fuck anything around or slightly above average if given the chance.
>>
>>35078802
I've been doing SS for the past month and a half or so, and about to start my 4th week of Couch to 5k tomorrow. I just run after I lift on the same day, and I'm fine. I'm kind of a fatty, too so you'll be okay Anon. Be careful with your soleus tightening up, though.
>>
Can I get a form check on my lowbar squat (babby weight)? Tried using some advice from last time and looking up during ascent seems to help, it's a bit hard to micro manage everything though.

https://my.mixtape.moe/bhxugp.webm
>>
is PPL twice a week best routine for size?
>>
>>35074422
>>35074029

>4/3/2/1
>1/2/3/4

Can someone explain what these mean?
>>
have any of you developed insomnia once you became fit?

rewind 3 years ago I was fit as fuck very active, sleeping became harder and harder as the months go on.

I stoped going to the gym after a while and kinda gave up on lifting.
now I'm back where I left off after a 6 hard months of dieting and exercise and it's started again , the insomnia is back.

last night I slept for 2 fucking hours even tho earlier in the day I ran 10 fucking miles and worked out side in the sun all day fitting ceramic tiles for the front entrance to my house, any normie would have fell asleep no problem but not me.

help me fit how do I maximize my sleep.
>>
>>35079038
1. There is no "best routine". Only good and bad, suitable and non-suitable routines.

2. "PPL" says nothing about how you intend to train, just like "fullbody" or "4-split" says nothing. A PPL can be set up in literally - LITERALLY - endless different ways.

That said, yeah it can work well.
>>
>>35079046
not sure but i believe it's

deadlift/squat/bench/ohp

and the numbers equal the pl8s so 4plate deadlift, 3plate squat and so on
>>
>>35079081
>help me fit how do I maximize my sleep.
go to bed and get up same time every day, no exceptions
cool and dark sleeping area
supplement ZMA
>>
>>35079094
ok what are some good ones?
>>
>>35079099

It's more the ratios.

To be in good symmetric shape, you have to have 1/2/3/4 for OHP/Bench/Squat/DL

So yeah, if you can do a 1pl8 OHP, you should be able to do a 4pl8 DL.
>>
>>35078276
Pls help
>>
Are either of the workouts on this page good?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw94.htm

If you have anything better or any changes pls share
>>
>>35079099
>>35079259
Thanks fellas
>>
Any recommendations for wrist mobility exercises?
I'm having trouble holding the bar on shoulders for squats/cleans.
>>
>>35079408
Maybe wrist curls and shoulder dislocations?
I don't do cleans but I use suicide grip for squats and it feels infinitely better
>>
So I have these gym shorts, right? And they're all well and good but they don't have pockets, and I wanted to bring some water with me and my phone and wallet to work out. Because I have to walk there. So I was wondering if it was ok to bring a backpack to the gym or if that was weird or against gym etiquette.
>>
When you do sets of shrugs, do you roll forward one set, and then roll backwards on another set, or do you always roll in the same direction?
>>
>>35076560
Retracted

>>35079699
Don't roll
>>
>>35073646
How can I train myself to do intensive exercise all day and only use one flask of water?
I want to get into the special forces but I dont plan dying before any mission
>>
can I do greyskull LP 4 times a week or my lifts will suffer?
something like ABxAxB
>>
How long does it take your body to switch from a canabolic to a catabolic state? For instance, could I switch between cutting during the weekdays and bulking on the weekends (social eatting), and expect to lose fat during the week and gain muscle on the weekends, or will I just end up staying where I am w/ no progress one way or the other?
>>
>>35078064
>tfw go back to thread to check your question and find out someone really kindly supported your opinion

T-t-thanks senpai
>>
My squat form is shit and I've got a bit of leg pain from yesterday's workouts, should I leave squats out and focus on form with bodyweight ones? I'm homegym using dumbbells here.
>>
>>35079473
I sometimes see a few people with bags at my gym. No harm in it, in my opinion. Just make sure your bag is not in the way.
Not all gyms allow bags in the training area, though.

>My questions:

I've heard people talk about a person being strong when they can do 1/2/3/4 plates of ohp/bench/squat/deadlift, but I never hear anything about reps. Is it just one lift or a certain amount of sets of a certain amount of reps?

Is there a difference between "touch n go" deadlifts and bouncing the bar? I kinda feel like there is, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>35078276
>>35079326

If your arm is hurting simply from supporting yourself when doing dumbell rows than something is definitely off.

Personally I like to use the rack since its less flat. Second of all I think your form is probably off. A lot of people just go straight up when they do dumbbell rows but this actually works your arm a lot instead of isolating your back/lat more.

You want a slight arc/pendulum sort of motion (but without momentum) when you do your dumbbell rows IMO. If you reduce the weight and then try doing rows with this new form then maybe it'll be less pressure.

>>35079081
Brush your teeth and shit long before bed. Make sure you don't do vidya, movies, tv, youtube, or ANYTHING with a screen for an hour before sleep.

Read for about a half hour or 45 minutes before you plan to go to sleep. You should set up your entire day so that you are the least stimulated by the time you want to sleep, AND anticipate it taking 20-30 minutes to fall into it anyways.

Also regular sleeping times help as well. But the biggest thing is to eliminate all stimulus including caffine and sugar an hour before bed, that way your brain isn't active.

>>35079259
>>35079357
This anon has it right IMO. I think your skwats could suffer being 2.5 instead of 3, but for the ratio it's good.
>>
I've always been ultra skelly mode and since coming to fit ive made some gains but I cant help but think my diet is holding me back. What's weird is when I first looked through guides on what foods to eat for bulking or just to be healthy in general, I found I was already eating mostly thosw foods on my own, my issue is I dont eat enough. I have this ridiculously small apetite and I find that if Im off from Uni I end up missing meals because I just dont feel hungry enough to notice the time. Is there any /fit/-approved way for me to increase my appetite so I can eat more without using any kinds of supplements or hormones?
>>
>>35079259
For how many set and/or reps?
>>
File: DSC_0077.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0077.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>35073646
Could I substitute foam rolling with an electric massager like pic related? It vibrates and has a heating/vibrating option as well.
>>
>>35079899
they're probably referring to their 1RM, but those stats are mostly used to indicate your symmetry like >>35079259 said

you would be better at measuring strength with stats relative to your bodyweight
>>
Hi, my grandad is a richfag and building my family a home gym. What should i get him to buy? Mostly used for basic excersises to get some gains
>>
File: pai_mai.jpg (7 KB, 213x163) Image search: [Google]
pai_mai.jpg
7 KB, 213x163
When people on here post their stats, do they include the weight of the bar?
>>
>>35080145
yes

>inb4 >counting the bar
>>
>>35080033
A power cage, a bench, a bar, a set of plates (6*20kg + 2*10 + 2*5 + 2*2.5 + 2*1.25 + 2x0.5) and some dumbells (ranging from 10kg to 40kg). A treadmill for cardio. Dip bars. Chinup bar if not included in the power cage. And if you want to train with oly lifts make sure to get bumper plates instead of normal ones and get a platform and a pro barbell.
>>
>>35080163
thanke
>>
What's the deal with the dinosaur?
>>
how do I stop yawning? It's very annoying to yawn mid workout or just throughout the day
>>
File: 1421131716145.jpg (16 KB, 294x424) Image search: [Google]
1421131716145.jpg
16 KB, 294x424
>>35080249
I think is SS meme
>>
Hey fit.

I fractured the 5th knuckle on my right hand and The doctor reckon it's gonna take about 4 weeks to heal or so. When can I weight train? How do I stop myself losing my precious gains? What amendments to my diet should I make? What exercise can i do?

I'm feeling really low about this, going to the gym is my favourite thing to do at the moment and I'm going to go stir crazy not being able to lift heavy things an put them down.
>>
Been lifting for 2 years, shit I have to leave it for a while, now a skellie

what programs should I begin again with? SS, PPL?
>>
File: GfRdrXn.jpg (96 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
GfRdrXn.jpg
96 KB, 682x1024
Would iy be ok to do the PHAT routine but substitute both leg days for a PPL legs routine such as
4x5 Squat
3x8 SLDL
3x12 Standing calf raises
And do abs after?

Halp pls
>>
>Lost 10 pounds
>Didn't seem to lose much if any body fat

What gives? Is this a problem with diet or am I not training hard enough?
>>
If I do deadlifts monday then upper day on tuesday, will barbell rows be too much for my lower back? Are t-bar rows better?
>>
Where can I find /fit/ recipes with the calories calculated and stuff, Im retarded when cooking and would like it.
>>
My right shoulder joint kills when I let gravity pull my arm down like in this video @ 4:20 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiMeDj1jj5I

Anyone know what muscle I can work on to improve this? I'm guessing it's rotator cuff but I've been working on that so I'm kind of confused. Maybe I'm missing a specific part of it?
>>
I can see my ribs. What do I need to work more on my next bulk?
>>
I know this question has been asked a million times but I've started training and need to make a 7 day program.
How long does it take to regenerate, ie. how often can I train the same muscle?
>>
How do I stop eating junk food?

I got under 170lbs just today despite eating an additional ~950 calories of chocolate a day and I can feel myself falling back into my old habits.
>>
>>35078598
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>35079028
What the fuck are you wearing to the gym you weirdo?
>>
>>35080595
Decrease caffeine intake
>>
When I squat, should it feel like I'm about to fall backwards while I'm going down? I instinctively bend forward to avoid that feeling and end up using my lower back way too much.
>>
How much do you spend on a years gym membership? just curious as I plan to switch to a new gym soon and might as well do it when they have the new years deals...
>>
>>35073646
how does change of sleep time affect lifts? ive been sleeping 5am-1pm past few days and my lifts are dropping a bit, used to sleep 1am-9am
>>
Is it ok to take more than 1 tablet of 1000IU Vitamin D or is it hard for the stomach to digest or something? I want to take at least 3
>>
>>35073646
What are some good forearm calisthenics? I only have a bad pull up bar, a couple old wooden chairs, and the floor.
>>
What is /fit/'s opinion on bodybuilding.com workouts? Got pretty good results on Jim Stoppanis 12 week shortcut to size program but grew tired of it. Any opinions?
>>
>>35073646
Hey /fit/

what's the primary differences between different splits? Is there actually much of a difference?

You have your three day whole body AxBxAxx, BxAxBxx

You have upper/lower ABxABxx etc

You have PPL, either 5 day or 6 day depending on how much you care about legs.

And you have your brosplits, five day a week hit everything once type routine.

Is there actually much of a difference between these splits? How do you determine which one is better for your goals if they do actually produce different results?
>>
>>35077547
Jefferson Curls are commonly used by gymnasts and a few other athletes to help develop strength here. Go bloody slow and bloody light when you start.
>>
>>35083210
Deadhangs, pullups, support holds to some extent, lever progressions (dont try these unless you actually know what you're getting into) rope climbs, etc.
>>
>>35081775
General consensus is to rest a muscle/group for 24-48 hours for passable recovery, and then deload every 6 or so weeks depending on your program.

>>35079849
Yes if you feel that it would help. Also do stretches and mobility work for your squats, so hips/ankles/knees etc to help you get the correct form. Goblet squats could be quite helpful in this regard. Also, video yourself and get a form check for more tailored advice.

>>35079408
Sure it's just your wrists? if you've got tight pecs and poor thoracic mobility you might need to work on that too, could be stopping you from getting the wrist back in the first place. Medicating just the immediate issue is usually a poor choice with physiology because things are so interconnected.
>>
How are punches exercise, I get if you are doing a speed bag or punching a punching bag. I am talking about the ones where people punch the air at a gingerly pace.
>>
File: 1436909725871.jpg (164 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1436909725871.jpg
164 KB, 640x640
I have two questions. One, what kind of routine should a girl do to get this lower body? Which type of squat is best for this?

Second, for my own routine, I have been on SS for a year and a month now.

DL - 350x2
Bench - 155 5x5
OHP - 125 5x3 (triples)
Squat - 245 5x3 (triples)

OHP day is squats, OHP, dips, facepulls and dumbell press for hypertrophy.

Bench day is squats, bench, deadlifts, chest dips, pec deck. Gonna start doing dumbbell press for chest also.

I do at least 15 pullups on off days at home. Slowly adding more volume to these.

I alternate these 3 days a week.

Is there anything I'm missing? I love this program and these compound lifts. I want to be strong and I want to have a well rounded physique. I'm mostly worried about proportions or missing a muscle group but I'm not very experienced outside of SS.
>>
>>35084062
For booty gains add SLDL and glute bridges.
>>
>>35084062
Oh my lord. I-is that real or shopped?
>>
How long is it okay to pause between reps when deadlifting? I feel like I might be doing 5x1 rather than 1x5
>>
Is there a calculator that I can use to give me a weight increment program? For instance, I want to hit Xlbs in 4 weeks, it'll plot out the weight and reps to reach that?
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
>>35076708
here
>>
>>35073646

As a gay man, what body type do you think guys would go for?
>>
Why is my resting metabolism so low? I have been busting my ass with cardio (1hr a day avg heart rate 165). I have been eating a 1600 calorie diet (food is accurately measured, trust me, I'm a chemical engineer). My results are shit. 2lbs lost in a month, but 2 extra pounds of water according to the sensors. So of the 4lbs lost, about 3 was fat and 1 was muscle. Either way, 1lb a week is shit at my weight (275lbs). Is my body trying to conserve because it thinks it is starving? Would a bit less cardio or a bit more calories actually be beneficial?
>>
ive been doing SL for 2 months now, and ive been getting slight pain/soreness in the back of my knees whenever i bend them all the way. after i warmup the pain dissapears . Is it an issue with my squat form?
>>
>>35084542
That's supposed to be Perú, not the tibet you muscle head.
>>
>>35084588

>not sweden.jpg
>>
>>35084588
chef kef
>>
>>35083648

It's light cardio at best. Better than sitting on the couch and some like to shadow box between sets to keep their intensity going.
>>
>>35084619
My bad.
>>
>>35084612
What's your TDEE compared to your diet?
At the weight you're at I doubt starvation mode is kicking in, that's really over-hyped by most people in the weight-loss industry, though if you're eating wayyy too low past your TDEE it might be an issue. Are you doing LISS cardio? Maybe try some HIIT for the next month or so as well, but weight training to build muscle will also help burn calories. 1lb a week isn't actually that bad, trust me, and it'll help you avoid loose skin.
>>
When I do squats, I feel it more of it in my lower back. What am I doing wrong? I don't feel it that much in my legs, I thought I would be dead after leg day but not so much so. I feel my lower back get tight and after a little while the tightness goes away.

Help?
>>
>>35084681

TDEE is ~2730 according to online calcs (Scooby's). I do HIIT Monday/Wednesday/Friday and LISS on other days. You're right in the long run that 1lb per week isn't bad. I just get discouraged when I see people my weight claiming 3lbs+ with more calories. Kind of makes me want to jump on some shit, but I know better.
>>
Hey the other day I remember seeing a thread were someone was saying that essentially cardio doesn't do anything for weight loss and he supplied a link to a study, was that accurate?
>>
File: 1432187488206.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1432187488206.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
How fast do you start to lose muscle mass once you stop working out? I was somewhat forced to take a two month break and I'm getting back into it now.

I'm a total noob to /fit/ stuff so I'm naturally curious.
>>
>>35084751
A lot of people either e-stat or take some sort of other substance to claim those numbers. Or their losing water weight more than anything, you've calculated your fat loss too.

You are eating considerably under your TDEE, considering the recommended amount is usually 500 below, but if that works for you, keep going. If you feel too tired/irritable maybe put it up a little or experiment with only dropping it to 2200 rather than 1600.

Good luck with your goals mate, you're on the right path.
>>
File: skelly.png (159 KB, 206x346) Image search: [Google]
skelly.png
159 KB, 206x346
>>35073646
I'm a skeleton, 5'11 129lbs. I've been saying i'd start lifting for years. First I said I was too busy with high school, then when I finished high school I got really sick and told myself i'd start lifting when I get healthy again. Then I got healthy and said I don't have enough money to afford food anyways, so I'd wait until I have a job. Now I have a job and money and no excuse.

Only problem is that there is only 1 gym accessible, and it closes before I get off work. Also i'm too intimidated to go to the gym alone.

Anyone here have advice on escaping skeleton mode at home? How much would it cost to set something up at my house? Picture related, its me.
>>
I have plantar fascia in both my feet. Should I be working out legs at all?
>>
File: XDDD.png (146 KB, 483x339) Image search: [Google]
XDDD.png
146 KB, 483x339
I just did DB curl for the first time and it hit my forearms WAY more than my biceps. Form error?
I usually do BB curls and those wreck my biceps and forearms but I feel like such a sissy with 10lbs on the bar.
>>
Let's say that your TDEE is 2500
If you eat 2500Kcal of fat everyday you wouldn't gain weight right? since you need to have a surplus.
So it's possible to eat junk food for the rest of your life while just counting the calories to stay under your TDEE of 2500 right?
>>
>>35085207
>cant afford food
Consider suicide you fucking failure
>>
>>35085207
what you need:
Power rack
barbell
weights
bench

this is the minimum for SS or whatever basic beginner barbell program. you can have more stuff like dumbells or you can have more luxury and buy bumper plates which are more expensive but not needed per se
buy everything secondhand and it will be a lot cheaper. Just check craigslist or whatever site you know of
>>
>>35083228
not much of a difference between the splits since they don't "produce" the same results. training is a fucking slow process and there is no straight answer for the best split.
>>
>>35083222
if your a beginner that shit sucks
but i'm a follower of rippetoe. If your more advanced you wouldn't have to ask this question
>>
>>35086028
If you were*
>>
>>35080009
Not at all
>>
>>35085965
Weight is energy in and out, sure, but your health and ability to put on muscle would be terrible
>>
>>35085983
I was literally eating 28 cent ramen for breakfast lunch and dinner. I had abut $60 dollars and no income, and I was still recovering. I was sleeping on the floor in a house with 5 other permanent residents, and about 3-4 other "temporary" residents, and constantly up to 10+ more people coming to hang out. I wasn't really in any situation to gain weight, realistically.

Having a hard time in life doesnt mean i'm permanently a failure.
>>
>>35073646
HI EVERY ONE

I NEED TO RUN 3 TIMES A WEEK FOR MY RUNNING SCHEDULE BUT IT TAKES ME AT LEAST 4 DAYS FOR MY LEGS TO RECOVER

im not even pushing myself too hard or anything im on a really easy beginner timetable. should I just run with tired legs or what?
>>
>>35073646
I squatted 77.5 kg today for three sets and my back immediately gave up. Its hurting like crazy and I can't move , its the kind of pain that isn't going away. It has subsided after ibuprofen gel but more to the point , I wanted to ask.
>is my back hurting because of form or weight?
>is this a good sign to change workouts?( I'm on SL 5x5 , today was the last day of my second month)
>is the injury serious and what should I do about it?
I'm 73 kg, 5'8 rn
>>
File: side lunges.png (12 KB, 819x460) Image search: [Google]
side lunges.png
12 KB, 819x460
Doing side lunges is not really working.
after doing three reps with both legs, my legs are trembling.
Not only that, but my right leg's muscles seems to be short or tight.
I can't fully go down to the right side without my left leg being bent.
Pic related.
>>
File: IMG_20151124_175734.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151124_175734.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Is a month away from working out actually good for you? I've heard it from various people but I'm in Japan for a month now; it's only the tenth day now and I feel like I'm wasting away.
>>
Does anybody have experience with taking melanotan?
>>
>>35086512
Definitely improper form, unless you've been doing something else with your back beforehand. And no it's not a sign you should change workouts.

Can't really tell how serious your injury is but if it doesn't go away you should go see a doctor.

>>35086526
No that's bullshit
>>
>>35085207
Literally no one in the gym will judge you for being whatever kind of body shape you are. As long as you're there and actually working hard no one's gonna take a second look at you.
>>
>>35086541
im in my second month , is it too late to start over with correct form or should I lift with babby weights for a while?
>>
>>35086574
Not sure what you're getting at here. I would worry about your back first.

To fix your form you should practice with babby weights but you shouldn't have trouble getting back to where you were once you've got the form right- in fact you should be able to lift heavier.
>>
>>35086741
I mean I'm in my second month of SL , if i've been doing squats with incorrect form for the entirety of the two months, am I better off starting over , or just continuing with correct form. Also my gym doesn't have a squat rack so I do my squats on a smith machine which I think is the problem. What is a good substitution for a lack of a squat machine?
>>
Anyone have any thoughts/experiences/advice on L-carnitine particularly in terms of an agent to help cut?
Is it worth it?
>>
>>35083298
deload means no lifting?
>>
File: fullbody.png (17 KB, 684x340) Image search: [Google]
fullbody.png
17 KB, 684x340
R8 my beginner full-body routine.
3x a week. 10' warmup cardio.

Too much volume? Exercises not in logical order? Let me know.
>>
Is it normal to start at a low weight front squat? I can't even do 1pl8
>>
Probably a dumb question but can I still make gains if I'm at a caloric deficit?
>>
>>35087026
>Too much volume?
for a beginner yes, but this seems intelligently written, so i am guessing you have lifted for at least a month or so.

if you can handle the volume its better (The more the better, as far as hypertrophy is concerned)

but i might consider starting off by dialing the sets down from 4 to 3, and the rep range down by 2.

you can slowly add in more volume over time, if you feel it isn't affecting your recuperation.
>>
>>35087026
>>35087076
(sry for samefag)
>Exercises not in logical order?
great order. if anything just alternate dead/squat every other workout or whatever.

i would also recommend adding in pull ups alternately as a replacement for rows
>>
>>35087029
it's normal and good practice to start low on every lift

>>35087047
yes if you are new to lifting and the deficit isn't too much
>>
>>35087090
ok thanks, would it be worth having a small caloric deficit and lifting instead of doing a huge cut?

stats:
>6'3"
>210lb
>18 y/o
>>
>>35087090
>yes if you are new to lifting and the deficit isn't too much
i made gains on crash diet when i went from type 2 obese to 185lb

all that fat my body was eating though, probably wasn't even in a deficit lol
/intermittentfasting/ masterrace
>>
>>35087026
scrap the front raises, and do some dumbbell overhead press.. this is compound, so you can throw more weight on there, so you get better growth, and it hits the other heads of your delt better)
just make sure your form is good, and go for a 4x8 range
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJCe4wITrXc
>>
>>35087166
>tfw you can't ohp more than your bodyweight for reps
mirintbh
>>
what is the belt most bodybuilders wear for?
>>
>>35087120
absolutely, eat at a -500kcal deficit and lift. Up your protein intake. Keep your workouts short and simple, add weight each workout, any beginner routine is fine as long as you focus on compounds with low reps. When you hit your desired weight or bf% start a lean bulk (about +300kcal daily surplus) increase the volume on your workouts while adding accessories and isolation exercises.
>>
>>35087166
Trains few times a week, is nattyyy. Nope.
>>
>>35087194
>implying you need to induce hypertrophy in your muscles more than every 48-72 hours
..wut?
are you a brosplitter or someshit?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.