[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Protein Powder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10
File: best-protein-shake.jpg (10 KB, 168x250) Image search: [Google]
best-protein-shake.jpg
10 KB, 168x250
I'm trying to find some protein powder that isn't just shit tier body fortress stuff.
What do you guys buy that's actually a good value?
>>
File: jew.gif (3 MB, 359x329) Image search: [Google]
jew.gif
3 MB, 359x329
Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard truly is the gold standard for protein! For maximum results, be sure to purchase our patented creatine monohydrate power. You'll have the rockin beach body that all the ladies love in no time!
>>
Myprotein budday. Great taste too
>>
>>35072583
https://www.nzprotein.co.nz/product/protein-powder-bulk-deals
Find a place like this in you country. Bulk cheap high quality just whey and flavour no bull shit
>>
>>35072617
>>35072657
11lb bag for 60ish dollars on Myprotein (free shipping at $70 for black friday, and free beef jerky) DO IT
>>
>>35072682
Why point that shit site out to me? I have my OP source sorted. I can also get bulk pure whey protein no flavour or anything straight from Fonterra
>>
Any decent bulk powder place online should have both a unflavored whey & casein powder
>>
>>35072583

i like nitrotech because of taste.

its expensive. idgaf. peasants go cry.
>>
>>35072583
https://www.trueprotein.com.au/protein-powders/whey-protein-concentrate-aus
if you're in australia, I use the natural flavour and have it plain or add sustagen for minerals and flavour
>>
>>35072715
Ok australia light. No one respects you senpai
>>
>>35072734
I kekd

Hopefully our flag change goes through so we look a bit different to our Aussy mates
>>
myprotein is pretty good but fuck knows where they're sourcing it nowadays, can easily be cheap Chinese polluted crap, right ?

I'm getting off powders altogether because they're too processed and really unnecessary. I plan on getting no more than 10% of my protein from powder.
>>
>>35072892
i ono, a few labs have verified it's pretty good quality, with no heavy metals or anything THAT bad
>>
>>35072773
That is such a stupid argument in my opinion. What about Poland, Indonesia and Monaco? Belgium and Germany? Ireland and the Ivory Coast?

The flag designs that made it through are all wank anyway and Red Peak is just a joke. If some design that wasn't even fifth can be allowed in because some dickhead had a whinge on twitter it's nearly impossible to take this referendum seriously. Good thing I have Aussie citizenship.
>>
File: wealthy_organ.jpg (14 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
wealthy_organ.jpg
14 KB, 360x240
>>35072583
Jarrow unflavored. Four scoops C'MON.
>>
>>35072942
I know they at least used to source it from a Dutch factory which is much better than hormone and antibiotic treated Optimum Nutrition crap from American milk

but again, myprotein is very successful now, who knows what they have to do to satisfy demand and increase profit
>>
File: 4SCOOP.jpg (301 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
4SCOOP.jpg
301 KB, 1284x980
Yes, he eats MANY times. See, thats the explanation to his overhuman amount of musclemass, that and his special technique to SQUEEZE at the top of every rep!

All you have to do is eat and do this very special snowflake brand of technique in your lifts and you will be 350 lbs of muscle in no time, WITHOUT gaining fat!

Visit 999dollarmuscleplan.org for more info, and don't forget to subscribe, upvote and lick my anus on every social network until I'm financially set for life by roiding and covering it up!

P.S. shout out to all natty rich piana follow his insta ebin mutant
>>
>>35072973
maybe it's just me but I've never had good experience with any Jewrrow supplements, I even think they might be selling fake stuff
>>
File: giphy.gif (542 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
542 KB, 500x378
>daily reminder that everyone that first started lifting had already bought whey before their very 1st time at the gym
>daily reminder that most people have never been ''off'' whey even though they've been working out for years
>daily reminder that whey is not something essential to lifting and making gains, it's only a supplement for the rare occasions you need to get some proteins and don't have any food left at home
>daily reminder that whey is pretty much powder milk, which is a subpar source of proteins

activating flame shield in 3...2...1

>ask yourself though; have you ever even tried to stop taking whey on daily basis my friends ?
>>
>>35073005
I'm no protein afficionado but Scoobert recommended it and it doesn't have a bunch of weird ingredients. I haven't checked out any of their other stuff though.
>>
>>35073019
For people who have no appetite in the morning, it's nice.
>>
>>35073019
cooking chicken is hard
>>
>>35073035
Scooby is a gullible dumbass.
>>
>>35073019
stopped using whey altogether desu
>>
>>35073019
>daily reminder that whey is not something essential to lifting and making gains, it's only a supplement for the rare occasions you need to get some proteins and don't have any food left at home

Needs neither preparation nor refrigeration. Long shelve life. Portable. Relatively cheap in $/g protein.
>>
>>35072955
That's not my main argument for changing the flag at all but it is a nice bonus that everyone can see and relate to.
>>
>>35073019
I didn't buy whey untill I started counting calories and realised I needed to eat more for breakfast.
>milk + scoop of whey + oats + banana
Easy fulling quick meal for breakfast on the go
>>
>>35072583
Not a Blahahaha fan at all but his video on Whey vs BCAA is worth watching.

If you're buying whey protein, you're basically overpaying since BCAAs are so much cheaper and that's the part of whey most people need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R20EVSwn88
>>
>>35072605
Is ON suddenly so hated on /fit/ because everyone liked it?

>>35072657
How does this NZ stuff taste? Pretty good price especially with free shipping.
>>
>>35073241

thx for sharing the blaha video.

Rich Piana also says whey is garbage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnI64N7Uhoc
>>
>>35073241
That doesn't make any sense. If you get BCAAs and not whey, you're getting incomplete protein. If you're getting incomplete protein, you'll have to combine it with another protein soruce with an amino acid profile that complements whatever BCAAs you consume. You might as well get whey with BCAAs which is complete protein.
>>
>>35072998
4 scoops yeah did it whatever

fuck you
>>
>>35073241
most experts claim BCAA is a scam and most people don't need it

is this why he looks like shit?
>>
>>35072583
what is wrong with body fortress?
140 kcal and 30g protein

pretty GOAT tbqh

just add some cocoa powder for better flavor.
>>
>>35073241
Can't argue with Blaha's results.
>>
>>35073413
>most experts claim BCAA is a scam and most people don't need it
elaborate
BCAA exist in almost all protein sources, including meat and regular whey protein..
>>
>>35072583
Isopure
>>
>>35073449
to be clear, i am not agreeing with blahaha, i just want to know why bcaas are bunk
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aNvs78AcK0
>>
>>35073241
when he talks about protein becoming glucose....

that only happens when you are eating way (whey) more protein than necessary for protein anabolism
>>
>>35073389
"The more BCAAs you have in your muscles, the slower your muscle cells break down muscle fibre. The anabolic stimulus from your training remains the same, but you experience less muscle breakdown, so you build up more muscle mass."

" ... BCAAs have other effects too. Leucine is an anabolic stimulant for muscle cells, leucine and isoleucine stimulate fat burning in muscle cells, and isoleucine boosts the muscle cells' glucose uptake. [J Nutr. 2005 Sep;135(9):2103-8.]"

" ... BCAA has an anabolic effect on human skeletal muscle, an effect which appears to be similar in resting and exercising human muscle", the Swedes conclude."

Source: http://www.ergo-log.com/bcaasareanticatabolic.html
>>
>>35073474
they forget to tell you that your muscles get saturated with it just from a normal protein rich diet (not even lifting diet)
>>
>>35073521
so you can only possibly benefit from it if you work out fasted
>>
>>35073389
"BCAA's act as nitrogen carriers which assist the muscles in synthesizing other aminos needed for anabolic muscle action. In simpler terms, it is a combining of simpler aminos to form a complex whole muscle tissue[1.]. Therefore, BCAA's stimulate production of insulin, the main function of which is to allow circulating blood sugar to be taken up by the muscle cells and used as a source of energy. This insulin production promotes amino acid uptake by the muscle. BCAA's are both anabolic and anti-catabolic because of their ability to significantly increase protein synthesis, facilitate the release of hormones such as growth hormone (GH), IGF-1, and insulin, and help maintain a favorable testosterone to cortisol ratio[1]."

"BCAA's are also excellent anti-catabolic because they can help prevent protein breakdown and muscle loss, which is significantly important to those who are pre-contest diets. During these times of low caloric intake, the use of BCAA is strongly recommended because there is a greater risk of muscle loss due to a decrease in the rate of protein synthesis and an increase of proteolysis, which is the hydrolytic breakdown of proteins into simpler, soluble substances such as peptides and amino acids, as occurs during digestion[4.]."

Source: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bcaa2.htm
>>
>leave protein shaker dirty for a few days
>smells like someone literally shit inside of it
>cant get the smell out

what the hell is going on, im not exaggerating it literally smells exactly like shit

and its chocolate flavored protein too

i paid $95 for this shaker at gmc FUCK
>>
>>35073702
pics of the shaker?
>>
>be me
>train 1 year with daily bcaa supplement
>train the next year without bcaa supplement
>notice no difference whatsoever...
>>
>>35073271
I like the NZ stuff. But I also mix it with bananas and shit in the blender
>>
>>35073702
>it literally smells exactly like shit
i know there isn't much for indole in protein powder, but is there some other compound that could oxidize (or similarly degrade, maybe pyrolysis or photodegradation) into skatole?

not this guy, just a curious wannabechemistfag
>>
>>35073702
soak it in some bleach soap water, with 99% isopropyl added..

if you REALLY wanna do some damage, you can saturate that solution with lye.
>>
>>35073719
How about just with water?
>>
>>35073723
>skatole
waitaminute, tryptophan is almost an amine, right?
could that be responsible for the funk?
can tryptophan > skatole outside of digestion?
>>
>>35073702
vinegar overnight>>35073702
>>
>>35073732
>not wanting them potassium and carb gains
doing it wrong, desu

a banana, some psyllium husk, and some ground flaxseed is the correct way to do it.

get them fats (mostly EFAs), carbs, and fibers
>>
>>35073706
>>35073728
>>35073749

I've tried it all and including baking soda and vinegar

btw congrats on not taking the $95 shaker bair
>>
>>35073748
ok a cursory google seems to indicate KOH + egg white = skatole, and this is credited to the tryptophan content of egg white..

could a similar reaction occur with slightly alkaline water and tryptophan-rich protein powder over a greater period of time?
>>
>>35073723

If you're honestly interested it wasn't regular whey but a plant based protein, can't remember the brand but its the one posted everywhere now

I think its called vega
>>
>>35073757
you tried iso mixed with saturated lye water?

because a base bath should be able to remove that, let alone if you add dish soap on top of it.

also if you added vinegar at the same time you added baking soda/lye i think i figured out your problem lmfao.
>>
>>35073775
>honestly interested
you underestimated my autism

it boasts high levels of tryptophan, due to the addition of "SaviSeed" protein..

maybe get a strong reduction agent to see if you can reverse the process and turn skatole into something less funky.
>>
>>35073778

>you tried iso mixed with saturated lye water?

Yup, I even had my roommate shit in it to compare the scents and he confirmed that they definitely smelled alike; starting to think my roommate just shit in my shaker but that's impossible, steve "the deucer" would never do something like that
>>
>>35073791
base baths are used in the lab to remove organic contaminants...
idk what to tell you mang.

also i have never had protein residue so stink, so i think your suspicions may be correct.

the good news is, cups with sealable lids that AREN'T marketed to the fitness demographic are incredibly cheap.

why you payed $95 for a shaker is beyond me.

things cost $4 for the cheap ones, and $8 for the brand-name blender bottles (which just have that blender ball that does precisely nothing)

buy another cup, imo
>>
>>35073805

well it was originally $110 before tax but I bought the gmc membership card for $50 so that knocked it down to $95, otherwise def would not have been worth it
>>
>>35073827
you're really not making it any better.
>>
>>35073732
Its not the worst tasting I have ever had. I like it my flatmate doesn't. If you are worried about taste buy the tester sachets they sell?
>>
>>35073019
>being poor
>protein from milk is subpar source of protein
kill yourself asap
>>
I was told by my trainer that i should drink 80 % whey protein after each workout, since i do cardio and lift 5 days a week or i will be tired. My goal is primarily to lose fat.

Is he full of shit or should i listen?
>>
>>35073827
Pic or link to shaker please
>>
>>35072715
>straight from Fonterra

mate why bother with that shit, just save up a bit, buy a cow, drink straight from the fuckin teat, and when bessie runs dry then buy a freezer and have your steaks sorted for a year.
>>
>>35072657
I grab it straight from Fonterra. None of this middleman bullshit
>>
>>35074141
While going through my stats units in college they used a study between different protein supplements and it showed whey was the most optimal. I can't remember the study but I was surprised that whey was significantly better. Just a note that the participant were professional body builders so I'm not sure how effective it could be on the layman.
>>
File: BSN Isoburn.png (86 KB, 376x281) Image search: [Google]
BSN Isoburn.png
86 KB, 376x281
Anyone use 2 in 1 powders? Are they more effective than pure whey?
>>
>>35074202

it was worth it, literally the best shaker i've ever had

even if it was the only one i've ever owned srs it was dope

miss you Sir-Shake-A-Lot <3333
>>
>>35074260
Whey is an unwanted byproduct from Fonterra. Literally cheaper and easier to buy from them than milk my own cow. And dont worry about meat I have plenty of that from my family (hill country sheep and beef farmer)
>>
>>35074340
Wait how much did you pay for it? That's like a $8 shaker
>>
>>35074349
http://www.amazon.com/BlenderBottle-Classic-Shaker-Bottle-28-ounce/dp/B001KADGMI
Link if you don't believe me. Only difference is that it has your gyms brand on it
>>
>>35073702
>i paid $95 for this shaker at gmc

>>35074340
>gNc receipt shows $9.82 paid for with $10 cash

yeah either you put no effort into your trolling, or you're genuinely retarded
>>
Quick question. Does it really matter between using milk or water in my protein shake? Or what's your preference to anyone that happens to reply
>>
Blackstone Labs
>>
>>35073019

i stopped taking supps 2 years ago. once you're out of dyel mode you should notice that supps only cost money and do jack shit.
>>
>>35073019
please explain why milk is a 'subpar' protein source
>>
>>35073363

pretty based
>>
File: dd0fe1_5715943.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dd0fe1_5715943.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
After 3 years of lifting, yesterday I bought one of this product for the first time, It's both carbs and protein, it's called AMINO-GAINER.

I started working recently at full time and I sometime eat shit and get really hungry, I hope this could help me improve my mass and lift more.

I would report results in future threads, but anyway what do you guys think? buying this could really help in my situation or not?
>>
File: image.jpg (303 KB, 1600x1982) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
303 KB, 1600x1982
Im by no means an expert, this is the only brand I've used and I have no qualms with it.

The only thing I'd say is a con, is it's price. It costs more than GS Whey, but it is more concentrated. 80% protein plus shit like beta alanine.
>>
>>35072583
>myprotein
>bulk powders
>thread
>>
I take the Vegan Blend of Myproton, love it, also i donĀ“t fart like a madman like when i drink whey>>35072583
>>
>>35072973
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.