[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mcdouble >At 390 calories, 23 grams of protein, 7-percent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11
File: hero_mcdouble.png (209 KB, 448x415) Image search: [Google]
hero_mcdouble.png
209 KB, 448x415
>Mcdouble

>At 390 calories, 23 grams of protein, 7-percent of the daily value of fiber, 20-percent of daily calcium and 19 grams of fat - with a typical price tag of about a buck - the McDouble, its advocates argue, is the most price-efficient food 'that has ever existed in human history.'

>a Mcdouble actually has nutritional values very similar to workout supplements. When your goal is to eat a lot of protein, electrolyte (table salt is an electrolyte) and calories, a McDouble is good for that.

So why don't people just bulk on mcdoubles?
>>
>>35071965
I do, they aren't a buck in canuckistan but I probably eat 2 a day or so
>>
because mcdonalds in australia stopped selling them for some reason
>>
I eat McDonalds 2-3 times a week. Perfect bulking food
>>
They aren't that cheap compared to bulk-buying regular food and the micronutrient profile is dogshit.
>>
what? most of america managed to get bulkier thanks to mcdoubles
>>
>>35071965

>white bread
>ketchup
>cheese
>high sodium
>patties only have between 2% and 14% meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvlLwzydc_A

I think I'll pass m8, thank you
>>
>>35071997
This. That meat is hardly meat
>>
you cannot be serious are we really doing these threads again?
>>
>>35071997
I don't care.
>>
>>35071965
Shoo Shoo shills
>>
>>35071997
Its easy calories, who fucking cares
>>
Why does /fit/ love McDoubles so much

Like every day there is a new thread dedicated to a shitty fast food hamburger kek.
>>
File: Chicken.jpg (21 KB, 300x385) Image search: [Google]
Chicken.jpg
21 KB, 300x385
>>35071965
chicken breast

1 oz serving
124 calories
26.1g of protein

yeah think i'll stick with real meat you fat piece of shit
>>
>>35072801
MOMMA HAD A CHICKEN
>>
I ate two mcdoubles and a small fry for lunch every day when I was bulking and didn't know how to cook.
2 years later and i still dont want to eat those fucking things.

also aren't wendy's burgers a better deal now that mcdoubles are no longer just a dollar?
>>
>>35071997
>>35072054

Suck 100% of my dick.
http://www.snopes.com/business/market/allbeef.asp
"Those who continue to harbor doubts about the 100% beef claim should examine the ingredient lists on McDonald's web site. All of the chain's hamburgers are made from "100% beef patties"; furthermore, they define "beef patty" as being "100% pure USDA inspected beef; no additives, no fillers, no extenders." "
>>
>>35071965
high sat fat content
high sodium content
7% of fiber is basically fucking nothing.

>table salt is an electrolyte
no shit, but you only want so many sodium ions.
the rest you want as potassium and calcium ions
anything more than 2,300mg sodium is detrimental

if you were bulking on these, your sat fat intake would be significantly more than 7% of your calories (i.e.to the point it would be pharmacologically detrimental), and your sodium intake would be well above that limit, unless you got ZERO sodium from the rest of your diet.

nice shill attempt, but nobody is fooled into thinking this is a well-rounded meal
>>
File: eyes.jpg (42 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
eyes.jpg
42 KB, 852x480
>>35071965
I fuckin do nigga I ain't new to this sh*t!
>>
>>35071997
Get it without condiments then you fucking sperg

Condiments fucking suck anyways
>>
>>35071981
They'll know what you mean when you order one. Pretty sure they're not $2 anymore though.
>>
Oh fuck this thread again. McDonalds uses 75-25, not much worse than I use myself. Using a 99% dilution of ammonia is perfectly fine and kills bacteria so we don't have another Jack & The Box incident.

Stop listening to the fearmongers out there. There's a reason that dude doesn't list what chains they found those results in.
>>
>>35072801
Bro chicken breast is 100 cal per 4oz with 20g of protein
>>
>>35072872
>sat fat intake would be significantly more than 7% of your calories (i.e.to the point it would be pharmacologically detrimental)
can't be arsed to find actual sources.
but just to prove this claim is academically accepted across the board

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/PreventionTreatmentofHighCholesterol/Know-Your-Fats_UCM_305628_Article.jsp#
>Limiting the amount of saturated fats you eat to less than 7 percent of your total daily calories. That means if you need about 2,000 calories a day, less than 140 calories (or 16 grams) should come from saturated fats
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/fat/art-20045550?pg=2
>Limit saturated fat to no more than 10 percent of your total calories. Limit to 7 percent to further reduce your risk of heart disease. Based on a 2,000-calorie-a-day diet, a 10 percent limit amounts to about 22 grams of saturated fat a day, while 7 percent is about 15 grams. Saturated fat intake counts toward your total daily allowance of fat.

to be clear: there is NO pharmacological detriment eating <7% calories from sat fat, from 7-10% affects your heart health negatively, and >10% is advised as unsafe.

you can easily get more than 22g sat fats daily bulking on mcdoubles.

shit is unhealthy as fuuuark.

also sat fats in general aren't good for cognition
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2805706/

yes you technically need saturated fats to live, but you don't need DIETARY saturated fats.

the only dietary fats that are mandatory are EFAs... the rest can be produced endogenously as needed.
>>
>>35072853

meat industry CEO 1: Oh no guise! There has been yet another article stating our patties are pink slime crap, what are we gonna do ?

meat industry CEO 2: meh don't worry, we'll fund our own studies that prove it's not true and pay Google so it comes on top of every google search

meat industry CEO 1: You're the man Larry!
>>
>>35072908
God is could just imagine being your friend IRL and hearing you say "Jack and The Box" and just sperging out and REEEEEEing.
It's Jack IN the Box.
>>
>>35072793
just a bunch of butthurt unhealthy dyel fatties on a "bulk"
>>
>>35072931

>Yeah mahhhn its big business dude! Theyre out to get us brother its all about the profits
>Having no concept of how regulatory bodies work and thinking a conspiracy you made up invalidates them

Oh boy reminds me of when i was also 15 and smoked alot of weed
>>
>>35072872
>>35072924
what this anon said + trans fat.

but almost a gram of sodium per mcdouble is absolutely ludicrous.
850mg is waaay too much.
>>
>>35071965
>shills for mcdonald's
>doesn't post the actual nutrition info because it is garbage, just cherry picks the best stats
>the best stats aren't even that good
kek
>>
>>35072924
>academically accepted
>cites the American Heart Association
pls be troll
>>
>>35072979
>conspiracies never ever happen, and wealth is never the motivation for them.
that is right, anon.
trust the people making money off of you.
why would they mislead you?
surely not for profit...

funding bias doesn't even exist, probably
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>>35072931
Do you seriously believe the pink slime shit?

You actually believe that every meat processing facility McDonald's uses for their 35000 restaurants worldwide has one of these, even though no proof has ever surfaced from the hundreds of employees working with the machinery, all of the contractors who had to install them, the engineers who build them etc?

It's an email hoax.
>>
>>35073006
>the mayo clinic and AHA are opposed to mainstream academic nutritional science
??
please elaborate
>>
>>35073006
...Literally how is that trolling?
>>
>>35073006
the only troll here is you
>>
>>35073010
>funding bias doesn't even exist, probably
of course not.. because... erm... "regulatory bodies" and such...

its all very scientific, you see, i don't expect you to understand the intricacies of research like i do, because i have multiple PHDs and am scientific as fuuark brah.
>>
>>35073010

Yeah brother you've got your finger on the pulse! I'm glad someone here can see whats going on in this capitalism gone a muck society of ours! If only everyone thought like we did, the world could be like a paradise mahn. Down with big business bro!
>>
>>35073020

Prepare for the classic: doctors don't actually know anything about nutrition, because they literally only receive 3095 seconds of education on it trust me I heard from a friend, who heard from a friend, from a friend, who read that on tumblr.

Either that or: they were paid to publish false results because they are in cahoots with the egg farmers or someshit.

yoloswag.
>>
>>35073046
nice straw man, brah.
but i am sure you are correct, even though your entire argument is dependent on fallacious reasoning...

you just use that to illustrate how correct you are, right?

funding bias is a fucking myth, man.

why would tobacco companies sell a product that is poisonous? they would be poisoning their own clientele... use your head man, clearly tobacco is harmless.
>>
>>35073056
i laughed, but it is depressingly true : /
>>
>>35072907
Not even. It's not on the menu anymore. Closest thing on the menu is a double cheeseburger, which is $4.25, for an extra slice of cheese and an extra pickle. McDoubles were only $2.
>>
>>35072979
>>35073017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_aJWUxjL2s
Big coorporations only care about money and this is a fact
>>
>>35073078
>going to mcdonald's regularly enough to know this shit
just buy meat and cook your own food.
shit is cheaper and healthier
>>
>>35073061

>Yet to post any kind of evidence for the conspiracy they have made up
>Accuses others of poor argument construction

Im fucking around because I dont take you seriously dude. You are yet to say anything other than your opinion which i find incredibly juvenile. Find evidence supporting your point or go hit the bong again.
>>
>>35073079
Which they would be losing if news ever got out they this made their hamburgers out of a ridiculous pink slime.
>>
Because they never fill me up. I can get the same calories and more protein for about 3x as much boiled chicken breast
>>
>>35073093

did you even watch the video? here is is again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_aJWUxjL2s
>>
>>35073090
>funding bias doesn't exist because i said so
>your argument is poorly constructed
mmkay.
>>
>>35073087
I worked there up until a couple months ago.
>Uni life

>cook your own food
Sure do.
>>
>>35073090
you know where you fucked up? you're trying to reason people on 4chan who believe in a mcdonalds conspiracy
>>
>>35073056
>egg companies bribe doctors to warn about saturated fat
For what purpose? You didn't really think that one through...
>>
File: pork.png (731 KB, 913x464) Image search: [Google]
pork.png
731 KB, 913x464
Why the fuck would I get a McDouble when I could by a pack of 12 thickass pork chops for $14 at Costco? These fucking pork chops are so girthy I cut em in half to make em thin and even then they're filling. 24 goddamn delicious pork chops for $14 kicks the shit out 14 McDoubles
>>
>>35073096
>boiling meat
>ever
holy shit, i am a co/ck/ and this triggered my autism.

please promise me you will never boil any meat ever again (not even corned beef)

i would paypal you money to stop, but we all know you would just take the money and keep on living the plebeian life.

but you are losing nutrients and flavor when you boil meat (and it makes it tougher).
it is objectively the worst way to prepare meat.

there is a reason nobody has done it since the 1800's.

science became a thing, and we used that science to determine the chemical composition of delicious food.
>>
>>35073134

Go back to Reddit
>>
>>35073123
ok fair enough, you get a pass, but would that i could, i would mock you for your vocational history.

i am just not witty enough to think of anything but "haha! you worked at mcdonald's, you poorfag!"

>>35073131
he is, i believe, referring to the dietary cholesterol not affecting blood cholesterol debacle.

vegans claim funding bias from egg industry...
to be fair, they aren't entirely wrong, best i can tell.

in fact i couldn't find a single untainted, independent study on the matter.

i would love to be educated in this regard.

>>35073132
because logic doesn't apply to a 3/10 mcdonald's shill?
>>
>>35073144
literally never posted on that shit-tier site.
i just have transcended all the levels of autism, to a new level of autism you are unfamiliar with...

this is what someone who has been stuck on 4chan for 7 years sounds like.
enjoy your future, anon
>>
>>35071965
>its advocates argue, is the most price-efficient food 'that has ever existed in human history.'
Have these advocates never been in a fucking grocery store? Or are these advocates really just one guy who wrote an article on it after doing zero research who was trying to copy Freakonomics?
>>
>>35071986
This is the educated answer to OPs stupid question.
>>
>>35073220
the shill was just following his script, anon
>>
>>35072801
>1oz
So a pound of chicken breast has 2000 calories and 415g protein. Does this sound correct to you?
>>
>>35073132

Pork is haram get off /fit/
>>
>>35073227
>implying that was a more educated response than
>>35072983

almost everyone supplements micros anyways, and cost efficiency alone is a piss-poor reason
>>
>>35073258
>is a mudslime
>tells other people to get off /fit/
please stop preaching your backwards mythology here.
not even /pol/ or religitarded, but you fucks are just as bad as /pol/
>>
>>35073258
>haram
Allah doesn't mean it! Allah is great Allah would never stand in the way of my pork gains
>>
>>35073173

newfag
>>
>>35073250
The 'everyone is a shill' troll is the only one that really ever rustles me anymore. Shit just gets me so heated, even when I know it's probably the work of some trickster.
>>
>>35073285
>shilling this hard
you can't win against this kind of logic is the best part
>>
>>35073263
This is the educated answer.
This is the most educated answer.
This is the only educated answer.
Do you understand the difference between these three sentences?
>>
>>35073087
but im fucking lazy anon
>>
>>35073278
>tfw i was here when peanut butter wordfiltered to niggers and xzibit memes were dank AF
permanewfag masterrace

literally been a newfag for as long as i have been on this site.
>tfw my older brother will independently read this, recognize me as the author, relate to it, and cringe at my shitposting
>>
File: 1.gif (808 KB, 328x268) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
808 KB, 328x268
>>35073297
>>
should i bulk or cut?
>>
>>35073300
>the... answer
this implies singular.

the implication there is only a singular educated answer implicitly excludes all other answers from being an educated answer

yes i am a pedantic faggot
>>
>>35073330
You are the pedantic faggot.
>>
>>35073324
deffo bulk.

you gotta have muscle to cut down to.
cutting when you have no muscle is useless.

deffo hop on that +500 kcal surplus.

don't listen to people who tell you to bulk on 300kcal, they just want you to eat small to stay small.

also don't fall for the recomp meme, that only works for people who do roids.
>>
>>35073337
*tips katana*
>>
>>35072809
MOMMA HAD A COW
>>
>>35073270
>>35073273
Kafir detected.

Enjoy never making it.
>>
>>35073383
>tfw i am so white i don't even know what kafir means
i legit thought kafir meant fermented milk... unless it does and that is some obscure middle-eastern insult
>>
>>35073382
DAD WAS PROUD HE DIDN'T CARE HOW!
>>
>>35073324
U should die
>>
>fake meat
>its actually 2$ worth in bonglandistan

Not worth it, sorry.

Mixed chicken and doner kebabs, now we're talking.
>>
I dunno about the US but in Australia McDonalds patties are 100% beef. I worked for a company that supplied the meat for them.
>>
>>35071997
>>35072931
people have taken their food to scientists to have them analyzed. stop being an idiot and buying into the "facts" clinical retards are spewing.
>>
>>35073324
Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.
>>
>>35074400
They are everywhere. People (especially UKfags) just love putting Anything american made down. Must still be assmad about getting their shit pushed in.
>>
>>35072801
moron
>>
File: 1427198581781.jpg (27 KB, 640x582) Image search: [Google]
1427198581781.jpg
27 KB, 640x582
>>35073132
absolutely haram
>>
File: Download.jpg (8 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
8 KB, 250x202
>>35074554
Delicious kek
>>
>>35071997

This is literally a pile of bullshit.
>>
>>35071965
MODS WHY DON'T YOU DELETE THESE OBVIOUS ADVERTISEMENTS
MCDONALDS, IM GLAD YOU'RE SLOWLY GOING OUT OF BUSINESS, AS MORE AND MORE PEOPLE REALIZE THAT YOUR FOOD IS LITERALLY CANCEROUS.
GOOD GAME
>>
>>35071965

You can easily gain weight with less nutritional defects with cans of beans.
>>
>>35073392

Kefir (with an "e") is the dairy drink. Kafir (with an "a", plural "kufar") is a non-Muslim.
>>
>>35071965
1g trans fat / burger
>>
File: 1443305231819.gif (2 MB, 350x190) Image search: [Google]
1443305231819.gif
2 MB, 350x190
over a year ago they stopped selling them in germany, because they realized no one buys their disgusting cheese overloaded double cheeseburger

rip McD, the only burger i occasionally bought
>>
>>35074400
This is like verbatim marketing language. They'll have told everyone to stay on message with the 100% thing.

It's practically meaningless tho.
>>
File: 1427925379840.jpg (116 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
1427925379840.jpg
116 KB, 600x923
>>35071965

>So why don't people just bulk on mcdoubles?

They do – some deliberately, and some less so. McDoubles are popular among triathletes for the same reason (not bulking per se, but cheap refuelling).

Believing that McDonalds patties are made of something other than meat is akin to believing that the moon landing never happened: it requires a startling degree of credulity and a near-complete lack of awareness about how the world actually works. This is the sort of discussion that I expect to see on /x/ (though, given the number of "shill" accusations ITT, there are apparently more than a few True Believers who also post here).

Remember, kids: MSG is an carcinogen, Aspartame pokes holes in your brain, and the HAARP was used for manipulating weather patterns and/or mind-control.

Sincerely,

A Well-Informed Internet User
>>
>>35077159
>Believing that McDonalds patties are made of something other than meat is akin to believing that the moon landing never happened
This is exactly their marketing thing right tho. I have never doubted they use actual animal product in their meaty bits, but they do use shit. They're trying to imply in their current advertising campaign that they use prime cuts and so on but they absolutely don't. And they're attempting to polarise any talk about the quality (which doesn't happen irl btw) into this weird either you believe they use top quality ingredients or you think it's something to do with labs or aliens or something.
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.