[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How has taking a daily multivitamin actually effected you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 292x219) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 292x219
How has taking a daily multivitamin actually effected you?
>>
i take joe rogan alpha brain 14 times a day
>>
>>35071936
Only 14 times? I didn't know this was amateur hour.
>>
>>35071929

I don't take any multivitamins because I actually eat vegetables, fruits, nuts and other good food that already have vitamins AND proteins AND fibers AND carbs AND fat
>>
>>35071929
>if i can't physically feel a sensation, that means it is pharmacologically bunk
nice broscience..

i don't think you can "feel" your micornutrient levels, until you start to enter the deficiency range, which you should want to avoid altogether.

you either have to eat a fuckton of all kinds of different vegetables to get all your micros, or just take a pill and eat whatever is convenient.

i find the latter option extremely preferable.
>>
>>35071936
Hope you're microdosing LSD and kettlebellium as well.
>>
>>35071929
I don't write like a retard.
>>
>>35071972
That's exactly what I meant. I don't know if I'm in a deficient of certain shit or what but I always just feel like shit for some reason. I'm not talking mentally either. I rarely eat vegetables I just eat lots of meats.
>>
>>35071998
Deficit***
>>
>>35071985
i microdose 400 micrograms of acid before working out every day
>>
>>35071936
>hurr my anecdotal experience with nootropics is more valid than published pharmacological data.

that being said, the difference is extremely slight... only enough to be considered statistically significant... and similar effects can be induced by all kinds of 5-ht agonists, including even low doses of psychedelics like mushrooms or lsd..

so its as valid as that twacked out kid saying "drugs make you smart, broooo"

it's not just those kinds of drugs though.. even caffeine was shown to have nootropic effects..
but i mean... there is some actual data showing an improvement in cognition

funnily enough, racetams have some of the least backing for nootropic effect (it is even debatable if they are nootropic), despite them being marketed as the go-to nootropics.
>>
>>35071929
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129136/
>>
>>35072107
>In general, health professionals indicate that vitamin supplements are not necessary for the individual on a well-balanced diet, but they may be recommended for certain individuals, such as the elderly, vegans, and women of childbearing age. Moreover, some health professionals note that most people do not consume an optimal amount of vitamins by diet alone and indicate that it appears prudent for all adults to take vitamin supplements [35,36]. In such cases, there is no need to take more than 100–150 percent of the RDA.

so basically, eat your veggies, or take a supp.

>well-balanced diet
micronutrient balance is pretty hard tbhfam.. unless you put ALL the veggies in a stir-fry or salad or summat.. i prefer broccoli and a pill
>>
>>35071961
Whoa dawg, don't suck yourself off too hard.
>>
>>35071961
so do you track all your micronutrients, or assume you are getting them all because "vegetables"?
>>
I don't get fucked by nutritionless college dining hall veggies
>>
>>35072231

I know which foods are high in vitamin A,B,C,D, Zinc, Iron, Magnesium, etc... and created my own custom diet that fills all those macros. My diet is very boring and I eat almost the same things everyday, but that means everyday I eat: 10 different types of vegetables, 5-6 different fruits, 3 different type of nuts, etc...
>>
It's helped make sure that I get enough vitamins.
>>
>>35072294
so why do you not just take multi vitamins again?
>>
so i take a multivitamin everyday but surely there has to be a more absorbable vitamin supplement out there?

i know there's that beyond tangy tangerine thing.....
>>
>>35071936
sam?
>>
>>35071972
You can feel things like your finger nails strength and how brittle they are. I noticed my nails are a lot healthier since I started taking multi vitamins a couple of months back
>>
>>35072011
nigga that is definately not a microdose
>>
>>35072294
>My diet is very boring and I eat almost the same things everyday
Error #1: not pursuing an extremely varied diet.
>>
I;ve taken reagulary cheap multivitamins and noticed my skin looks healthier, i mean less spots etc. also biking in cold temperatures with light clothes didn't bring me a flu.
>>
>>35072294
>created my own custom diet that fills all those macros
micros*
>>
More energy and colorful piss, I guess.
I eat a piss load of dark greens though, but I will buy multis over 50% off and not trash.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.