[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Got /fa/ before I found /fit/ > Spent over $20k on Clothes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: Ben-Hill-by-Alexi-Lubomirski10.jpg (101 KB, 800x509) Image search: [Google]
Ben-Hill-by-Alexi-Lubomirski10.jpg
101 KB, 800x509
> Got /fa/ before I found /fit/
> Spent over $20k on Clothes
> Clothes fit perfectly, look great, often difficult to obtain
> Now want to get /fit/
> If I get too big, my clothes won't fit me
> 170cm Manlet, 63 kgs

Is there any hope for me? Can I get /fit/ while still fitting my size xs clothes?
>
>>
bump, help me /fit/
>>
>>35071922
1st. you add muscle=be heavier and bigger=clothes won't fit for a while
and then
you cut really hard= return to original size or a bit larger but with only muscle instead of fat
>>
Sure pham, just be sure to try on your tightest clothes every now and then. Muscle growth is slow af, so you'll know when you're getting close to too big and you can just maintain/cut from there. Your legs will probably hit the limit fastest, so be careful with those squats, yeah?
>>
>>35071968
this is what I was thinking, its your only option if you want to keep your current clothing

i'd almost just start lifting on maintenance and go from there, you'll never get further than ottermode unless you want a new wardrobe

also, how the fuck you spend 20k on clothes..
>>
>>35071827
since when can dwarf on WOW lift?
>>
>>35071827
just don't bulk, you don't have to get big to get fit
>>
I was a skelly who used to spend outrageous amounts of money on clothes but i got tired of getting kucked by dudes wearing a fucking fruit of the loom plain tee shirt but bigger/better body. When you're fit you can wear fucking anything and get mired.

So follow these anons' advice until your $20k "investment" is out of fashion and literally worthless in a year or so. Then you bulk, keep lifting, become a man and you'll start making the clothes look good instead of vice versa. At that point you can decide how /fa/ you want to be or if it even matters to you anymore.
>>
>>35071827
save them. You'll give up lifting sooner than you realize.

faggit
>>
File: ness.gif (481 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
ness.gif
481 KB, 225x225
>>35071827
> Spent over $20k on Clothes

As a poorfag, this makes me so angry.
>>
File: babbyshig.png (371 KB, 426x571) Image search: [Google]
babbyshig.png
371 KB, 426x571
>>35071827
> If I get too big, my clothes won't fit me
nigga this isn't like in that Sims game where you can customize your shit that easily. you just don't get "TOO BIG" overnight
>>
>>35071827
Hate to break it to us man, my bf went from skinny average at 130 to otter mode at 168, and in the last 2 years he's had to go through 3 completely new sets of clothes
The worst is how quickly he outgrows new jeans because of his quads
>>
>>35072426

When did OP say he bought it all instantly or didnt work really hard for it? Could have been something that he worked for over a period of time- adding more and more clothes to his collection because its an interest of his. The fact you have no concept of this and goal setting makes it pretty clear why you're a jealous, bitter poorfag. Stay NEET bro
>>
>>35072438
if OP is wearing all mediums and is a skinnyfag, he will definitely outgrow all his clothing is 2 months easy
>>
File: gorilla.jpg (137 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
gorilla.jpg
137 KB, 960x720
>>35072508
Not NEET, just poor. I'm mostly angry because I wish I could do the same but won't be able to for several more years because I chose a major/career path that doesn't pay much, even though I bust my ass. So I guess, yeah, I'm jealous. I'm mostly angry at myself for being poor.
>>
>>35072508
Most sensibly financially people would not spend that much in a decade.

With 20k I could buy myself enough decent clothes to last me the rest of my life.

OP must've fallen for the designer meme and was buying Tom Ford suits at a couple K a pop.
>>
>>35072582
Most sensible financially minded people*
>>
>>35071827
what kind of asshat spends 20k on fucking fabric that covers their body?
>>
>>35071827
if you can afford 20k in clothing couldn't you just get it tailored after you get bigger? poorfag here so i don't know if this is stupid or not.
>>
>>35072582

And whats wrong with that dude? People save up for cars, houses, holidays that dont provide them with a financial reward but its human nature to want nice things. If he works hard for his money and thats how he likes spending it who gives a fuck
>>
>>35072615
Head on over to /fa/ and see for yourself.

They're like fat guys who buy sports cars to make up for their physical ineptitude. Or 50 year old women wearing a cornucopia of pearls and diamonds to distract from her wrinkles and chicken neck.
>>
>>35072643
A nice house is massively different from a not so nice house.
A good car is massively different from a bad car.
A holiday in the Maldives is massively different from one in Dearborn, Michigan.

A $120 t-shirt from Armani is not very different at all from a $20 one from GAP.

OP can do whatever the fuck he wants to do with his money. Doesn't change the fact that there are smart and stupid ways to spend money.
>>
>>35072694

A tailored $4000 suit is literally worlds apart from the $300 your mum bought you for your prom. Just because you don't understand/enjoy dressing well doesnt mean you have to project on the OP for doing so.
>>
>>35072724
Not the same guy but a tailored $4000 suit is only marginally better than a tailored $1000 suit. You just missed out on 3000 McChickens.
>>
>>35072745
>You just missed out on 3000 McChickens.
idk why but i just lost my shit at this
>>
>>35072724
Still a waste of money. My point has nothing to do whether it makes OP happy. It's about investment and return.

A car, house, technology - hell, even jewellery - these are all investments. I get a return on having a nice house in a safe neighbourhood. I get a return on a good car that doesn't break down and has all the bells and whistles. I get a return on the newest smartphone or laptop.

Clothes... are just clothes. They only ever depreciate in value from the very first time you put them on. They lose colour and quality after every cleaning. They go out of 'fashion', fray and are replaced. My attitude to clothes is utilitarian: they are clean and fit. Why the fuck do I care if my suit jacket is lined with silk or not or my shoes are made with endangered Timbuktu crocodile leather.

A Casio tells the time just as well as an Omega Seamaster.
>>
>>35072903

>Clothes... are just clothes. They only ever depreciate in value from the very first time you put them on.
>Cars dont depreciate by as much as 20% the minute you drive them out the lot
>Houses in parts of america didnt depreciate as much as 90% in the financial collapse
>Phones dont depreciate the second a better phone comes out

Dude what r u talking about, just admit you dont like fashion, its not an interest of yours and stop. Its something which can either be a necessity you fulfil like owning a car that runs and a house that provides a roof over your head, or it can be something you indulge in, like anything else. Stop trying to make your lack of interest and understanding sound enlightened.
>>
h-how do you spend 20k on clothes?

like is this on suits?

otherwise man you're just payin for labels.

you can get high quality shit and not pay a retarded amount as well.
>>
>>35072936

houses are literally one of the only assets that are good because they typically appreciate in value.

my family bought a home for few hundred thou and now it's north of 1 mil.

that's a really bad example to run with.
>>
>>35072903
>car as an investment
Stoped reading right there
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 660x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 660x443
>spending 20k on clothes

You /fa/ fags are cancer.
>>
>>35072953

Except I didnt start by giving that example? I was responding to when the other guy made it and gave a valid situation as a response. Try reading through the context of the discussion before joining in
>>
>>35071827
You remind me of a fagit friend of mine. He said he didn't want to lift because he didnt want to get TOO BIG lel

You'll give up soon opie.

2 weeks tops and you'll get over going to the gym.
>>
>>35073001

You picked out houses, made the retort of " 90% of houses depreciated during the financial collapse" but somehow the criticism of:

> actually that's incorrect because houses are one of the only things that appreciate in value.

Isn't a valid point?

Yeah, ok.

Thanks for taking the time to type out that reply.
>>
>>35072903
A Toyota gets you where you need to go just as well as a Ferrari.
An iPhone 5 makes calls, sends texts, and surfs the internet just as well as an iPhone 6
A $300k house in a nice suburb is just as safe as a million dollar house in a different suburb.
Not to mention that the car and phone both lose at least half their resale value the second you take them home. You're not a utilitarian, you just don't care about fashion. Which is fine, but don't act like buying unnecessary, expensive clothes is any different than buying any other unnecessary, expensive possession.
>>
>>35072903
>technology
>Investment
Oh yeah, my PC from the 90s has more than tripled in value since I bought it. The tube monitor alone will get me a thousand bucks on Ebay, easy.
>>
>>35072509
medium tight?
>>
Sure can. Do SS+GOMAD. It's a beginner routine for people who want to build strength but not mass. Gonna be ripped in 9-12 months.
>>
>>35073487
This desu

Helped me stay lean while gaining more muscle definition
>>
File: 1421613579349.jpg (136 KB, 780x543) Image search: [Google]
1421613579349.jpg
136 KB, 780x543
>>35071827
>> Spent over $20k on Clothes
>>
>>35071827
serves you right for being a manlet
>>
>>35071827
Don't worry bro, you will be able to wear them for a little longer, like two years
>>
>>35071827
are you a girl?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.